can you take glass out of MDR?

4spring

If I am drinking something - whether it be a bar drink or just a glass of iced tea that I've got fixed just right - can I take it with me when I leave in case I am heading directly to a show (not running by the lido first)? Just curious. I'm guessing if its a bar drink I can, but wasn't so sure about an iced tea.

You can bring in your wine to the MDR too:D. I had to laugh on our last cruise. Our TA gave us 2 bottles of wine delivered to our room. We brought a bottle with us to dinner. A kid (12ish) sitting at the table next to us whispered rather loudly that he couldn't believe they would allowed us to bring our own wine in the dining room:rolleyes:.

Back to OP's questions...yes you may take your drink out with you. We do it all the time.

Only steakhouse glasses must stay, otherwise, feel free. In the Steakhouse however, they use much nicer wine glasses than in the MDR and thus if you have leftover that you'd like to take with you, they will pour into a normal MDR wine glass and send you on your merry way.

You can bring in your wine to the MDR too:D. I had to laugh on our last cruise. Our TA gave us 2 bottles of wine delivered to our room. We brought a bottle with us to dinner. A kid (12ish) sitting at the table next to us whispered rather loudly that he couldn't believe they would allowed us to bring our own wine in the dining room:rolleyes:.

Back to OP's questions...yes you may take your drink out with you. We do it all the time.

I've also taken my own soda can that I brought with me on the ship to the dining room. No one cares!:p I'll probably order another one before dinner is over anyway. I always tip the person that brings soda or alcohol to our table so they are happy and I never have trouble getting refills because they know I will tip them. :D

We have taken out wine glasses on several different ships.

We usually hit up one of the empty bars (such as aft lounge) as soon as we get on board and grab a few wine glasses and rocks glasses for our BV stuff. Once we have them in the room, the steward usually switches the dirty ones for clean during the week.:)

If I am drinking something - whether it be a bar drink or just a glass of iced tea that I've got fixed just right - can I take it with me when I leave in case I am heading directly to a show (not running by the lido first)? Just curious. I'm guessing if its a bar drink I can, but wasn't so sure about an iced tea.

As you have received answers about drinks, I wanted to add my experience.

I have taken my dessert out of the MDR if I am too full to eat it. The waiter has given me a cover and a clean napkin and spoon (I eat dessert with a spoon) and I have carried it to the show with me if I didn't have time to go to our cabin. Heck, I've even eaten dessert in the main lounge, in a bar, practically anywhere I have wanted.

Enjoy your "fixed just right" ice tea. I know how special a perfect drink can be.

We usually hit up one of the empty bars (such as aft lounge) as soon as we get on board and grab a few wine glasses and rocks glasses for our BV stuff. Once we have them in the room, the steward usually switches the dirty ones for clean during the week.:)

Tips like this is why I read Cruise Critic! Thanks elcuchio!

You can take the glasses from the bar, but the bartenders get "mildly in trouble":( because they have to account for their glassware. They still said we could do it, but if we returned it to where we got it eventually, it would help.

You can ask your cabin steward for wine glasses he will get them for you.

I carry glasses from point A to point B all over the ship. We go to the Lido and get a whole stack of the plastic glasses and then make our BV drinks in them and carry them wherever we go and just leave them wherever they get empty.

Tried to carry one off the ship once but they won't let you do that.

I carry glasses from point A to point B all over the ship. We go to the Lido and get a whole stack of the plastic glasses and then make our BV drinks in them and carry them wherever we go and just leave them wherever they get empty.

Tried to carry one off the ship once but they won't let you do that.

I once went to the MDR for Tomato Juice at lunch time. Ordered it, received it, and left. Or at least tired to. Whoever was running the MDR chased me down, and said I couldn't remove the glass. I said fine, I just want the Juice...he got me another glass, poured it in and gave it to me....hahahaha.

And I did carry one glass off the ship but the security guard followed me and "TOLD" me I had to bring it back. I simply told him I was going to sit on the dock and would bring it back when I reboarded. I did.

The only real NO-NO is to take a real "glass" out/up/onto the Lido Deck. With pools, hot tubs, etc. they use plastic for everything. As an owner of a pool it's the best thing to do. I guess on the Dream and any other ship with hot tubs on 5 (I think?) maybe those bars nearest do the same?

Wow, great info.

I never would have thought of taking my dessert with me but that would be something I'd love to do since I hate feeling rushed to eat dessert so quickly after a main meal. I would enjoy it so much more at a show or just sitting somewhere listening to music.

Good to know that you can leave with drink (even better if we return glass :) Never thought about getting a glass or two from a bar that wasn't open yet for BV drinks or for the bottle of wine that I bring along.

Didnt even think about asking the steward for a wine glass - great idea.

Will keep glasses off lido - I understand completely.

You can take the glasses from the bar, but the bartenders get "mildly in trouble":( because they have to account for their glassware. They still said we could do it, but if we returned it to where we got it eventually, it would help.

That's a shame.:( I wonder what happens to them, if they ARE short some glasses? I'll remember to take them back to the bar from now on. They all work hard enough as it is.:)

Archived