Breakfast Room Service

oceansandseas

I know it was on Regatta, but not sure if it was when we were in balcony or in the concierge cabin. We usually go to Lido for breakfast, but this one morning we ordered breakfast in our room. The meal came and he put a bigger table down on our coffee table, put out a white tablecloth and set the table with the food. We only did it once.

I can not remember which cabin we were in for this service. Can someone help please.

I know it was on Regatta, but not sure if it was when we were in balcony or in the concierge cabin. We usually go to Lido for breakfast, but this one morning we ordered breakfast in our room. The meal came and he put a bigger table down on our coffee table, put out a white tablecloth and set the table with the food. We only did it once.

I can not remember which cabin we were in for this service. Can someone help please.

They might bring in the larger tabletop in either type of cabin, but if the food that you ordered was hot, then you were in Concierge.

When we last cruised in a concierge category, there was a large padded table top stored in behind the sofa. It fitted on top of the coffee table. This was used for when we ordered room service. The room service attendant would get out the table top, drape it with a white linen tablecloth, and arrange the tray of ordered food. On our last cruise, we were in a non-concierge cabin and there was no enlarged table top stored in the stateroom.

Thanks. I guess we will not get that service this time as we are not in concierge for our upcoming cruise. Will have to remember that the next cruise that I book. Good perk for concierge.

We usually just go to the Lido for breakfast.

Will they do it every day if you wish? I do not remember if we were just served juice, cereal and toast or was there bacon and eggs.

Thanks. I guess we will not get that service this time as we are not in concierge for our upcoming cruise. Will have to remember that the next cruise that I book. Good perk for concierge.

We usually just go to the Lido for breakfast.

Will they do it every day if you wish? I do not remember if we were just served juice, cereal and toast or was there bacon and eggs.

You can get everything on the MDR breakfast menu every day of your cruise.

It is wonderful!:)

You can order breakfast daily for your room except on the last morning

Hot food is only for Concierge & above others can order cereal, bagels, pastries, toast, juice, coffee,tea ..I think there were other cold items but cannot recall now

If you go to the Terrace or GDR you can get all types of hot or cold items

Hot food is only for Concierge & above others can order cereal, bagels, pastries, toast, juice, coffee,tea ..I think there were other cold items but cannot recall now

Another reason to book a Suite! :p

We had this breakfast service and it was with a butler. I think the rooms are Penthouse suites. The butler comes in quietly in the morning sets up everything and departs. It is a great way to start the day. I highly recommend it.

Lynn, We are in a concierge cabin for our upcoming Marina cruise. On disembarkation morning, we have to depart ship early (7:15a) for our transport to airport. Will we be allowed to schedule room-service breakfast on this morning early before we have to leave our cabin?

Thanks for any info!

Lynn, We are in a concierge cabin for our upcoming Marina cruise. On disembarkation morning, we have to depart ship early (7:15a) for our transport to airport. Will we be allowed to schedule room-service breakfast on this morning early before we have to leave our cabin?

Thanks for any info!

We have never done Concierge so hopefully someone will answer

Just hope the ship is cleared by 7:15 am;)

Thanks for any info!

Now that Lyn has spoken, I feel free to chime in (although you won't like what I say).

There is no Room Service available on that last morning in any cabin category below a Suite. Not even coffee.

The Restaurants will amend their serving times to accommodate passengers who must leave the ship early. You will be notified of their schedule by your cabin attendant and again in writing when you receive your debarkation information on the ship.

Now that Lyn has spoken, I feel free to chime in (although you won't like what I say).

There is no Room Service available on that last morning in any cabin category below a Suite. Not even coffee.

The Restaurants will amend their serving times to accommodate passengers who must leave the ship early. You will be notified of their schedule by your cabin attendant and again in writing when you receive your debarkation information on the ship.

Thanks for the update!!

Sorry to muddy the waters a bit on this topic, but...on our Marina cruise in fall 2011, we were in a Concierge cabin and DID get a hot breakfast to order (eggs etc) on the morning we disembarked. This occurred in Istanbul, on the last day of a Med cruise. The ship had been in port since the day before; perhaps that makes a difference?

We had arranged a very early private transfer from the dock, so I think our breakfast order arrived at 5 a.m. as scheduled. They even called first to be sure we were awake and still wanted the meal delivered. The tray was just set down on our little coffee table (no padded table top), not that we minded.

We were very grateful for this breakfast, as the IST airport was a bit of a slog through multiple screening points, and we would not have had time to eat there before boarding. Kudos to Oceania for making our disembarkation day as pleasant as the rest of the (wonderful) cruise.

I hope this service is still available in 2012+ for Marina/Riviera Concierge class; it was a big help to someone whose DH gets crabby without a good breakfast. :)

Sorry to muddy the waters a bit on this topic, but...on our Marina cruise in fall 2011, we were in a Concierge cabin and DID get a hot breakfast to order (eggs etc) on the morning we disembarked. This occurred in Istanbul, on the last day of a Med cruise. The ship had been in port since the day before; perhaps that makes a difference?

We had arranged a very early private transfer from the dock, so I think our breakfast order arrived at 5 a.m. as scheduled. They even called first to be sure we were awake and still wanted the meal delivered. The tray was just set down on our little coffee table (no padded table top), not that we minded.

We were very grateful for this breakfast, as the IST airport was a bit of a slog through multiple screening points, and we would not have had time to eat there before boarding. Kudos to Oceania for making our disembarkation day as pleasant as the rest of the (wonderful) cruise.

I hope this service is still available in 2012+ for Marina/Riviera Concierge class; it was a big help to someone whose DH gets crabby without a good breakfast. :)

If I remember correctly they only do this when the breakfast venues have not yet opened.

If I remember correctly they only do this when the breakfast venues have not yet opened.

Thanks orchestrapal; this makes sense, given the time of our disembarkation. The earliest public breakfast venue didn't open til 6 a.m. or later the day we got off Marina, by which time we were gone. It was our first Oceania cruise so we didn't know what was typically offered.

Thanks orchestrapal; this makes sense, given the time of our disembarkation. The earliest public breakfast venue didn't open til 6 a.m. or later the day we got off Marina, by which time we were gone. It was our first Oceania cruise so we didn't know what was typically offered.

I'm very happy that you were accommodated, but I suspect that the availability of Room Service might have been a function of the ship overnighting in that last port.

The purpose of curtailing the room service is so that the staff can work on prepping the ship for her next round of passengers. A longer stay in the port naturally spreads out the work load, therefore more "exceptions" can be made.

Archived