Current Cruise Directors (CD) List - UPDATED

DonnaK

Hello GAGIRL,

Looks like we will be on the same Mariner May 16 sailing. Very glad to hear that our CD is fun and knowlegeable.There is a large roll call thread and a meet and mingle scheduled. I can't imagine packing for a TA & a 12 day. How do you do it? LOL. Wish you safe travels.

Micki

Hello GAGIRL,

Looks like we will be on the same Mariner May 16 sailing. Very glad to hear that our CD is fun and knowlegeable.There is a large roll call thread and a meet and mingle scheduled. I can't imagine packing for a TA & a 12 day. How do you do it? LOL. Wish you safe travels.

Micki

Very generous hubby that allows for the 4 checked bags so I can still enjoy dressing UP. Also I do a detailed packing list by day and plan what i wear daily so i take just enough outfits and not too many! this will be our 4th appox 30 day B2b so I am now in a groove but it takes about a week to get packed completely!

Does anyone who returned this past weekend have any updated info for us?
i send a email to the conciege on the for my cruise on allure sep 2 2012 this is the respone i got Dear Mr , Burgos

Regarding your question the cruise director will be on the month of September ( Ken Rush )

Best Regards

Rahim Fraoui

Suite Concierge

GetInline.aspx?messageid=a62b2997-8caa-11e1-8a44-002264c248f2&attindex=0&cp=-1&attdepth=0&imgsrc=cid%3a_1_0F8CEBDC0F8CE99C006697F6852579E8&shared=1&blob=MHxBVFQwMDAwMXxpbWFnZS9naWY_3d&hm__login=hale11208&hm__domain=live.com&ip=10.12.136.8&d=d2370&mf=0&hm__ts=Mon%2c%2023%20Apr%202012%2021%3a15%3a18%20GMT&st=hale11208%25live.com%407&hm__ha=01_d3e043fe04a606db78a254e6943633297112693abb057266cc276362f7c3ca66&oneredir=1

GetInline.aspx?messageid=a62b2997-8caa-11e1-8a44-002264c248f2&attindex=1&cp=-1&attdepth=1&imgsrc=cid%3a_1_0F8A15940F8CEDE0006697F6852579E8&shared=1&hm__login=hale11208&hm__domain=live.com&ip=10.12.136.8&d=d2370&mf=0&hm__ts=Mon%2c%2023%20Apr%202012%2021%3a15%3a18%20GMT&st=hale11208%25live.com%407&hm__ha=01_bde3f6ec18cd0c3311861e8bda687fd78705798cd6e26184e26a401409a1851a&oneredir=1

Office Number. 26182 - Dect phone 55014

From:nick burgos <hale11208@live.com>To:<al_concierge01@rccl.com>Date:04/22/2012 08:20 AMSubject:

This list is maintained based on anecdotal info reported by cruisers on these ships, therefore I depend upon returning cruisers to post their CD here or to include it in their reviews. I try to sift through all the reviews for CD info. If anyone can help me, please post what you know (and provide your source if possible), or refer me to a review or thread that contains the info.

Please note the info does not come from an "official" source, and emails from RCI stating who the CD will be on a future cruise are often incorrect. CD's are not on a specific rotation schedule, and they move around from ship to ship, so it's impossible to predict in advance. Accuracy of this list is only as good as people reporting back to us after their cruises. It may be off by weeks, or even months.

Adventure OTS - Abel Jeney *verified on 3/30 that he is still there (need dates)

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks *started 4/1; Ken Rush will be back June 10th through September 2nd.

Brilliance OTS - Paul Lancaster *started 3/31

Enchantment OTS - John Blair (until May 3rd?) (who will be the next CD?)

Explorer OTS - Richard Spacey *started March 9. Richard stated on his FB page that he is leaving EX on June 7th and will be returning in 2 months. Jimmy Rhodes will be filling in during Richard's break.

Freedom OTS - Graham Seymour *taking his break sometime in July, and returning sometime in September *Drew Devine for July and August

Grandeur OTS - Rico Du-Breil until July 13th, returning sometime in September (who will be CD during Rico's break?)

Independence OTS - Luke Aerosmith (started 4/7) Joff Eaton is returning on June 16.

Jewel OTS - Dennis Sciortino (aka Dennis Charles) *Started 2/13; beginning "sometime in May", he is taking an extra long break because he's had back-to-back contracts since October. (Clo O'Connor for the westbound TA, then Carly Boileau back in Boston on Sept 16 after TA.)

Legend OTS - Dan Whitney *since March

Liberty OTS - James Andrews (need dates)

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman *per Dave: his break is May 7 through mid-July, and Mitch Merucci will be the CD on MJ during that time

Mariner OTS - Mitch Merucci *Carly Boileau beginning with the TA to Europe

Monarch OTS - Drew Devine (Marc Walker will be going to Monarch at the end of his paternity leave)

Navigator OTS - Warren Allen (aka Warren Melhuish) *verified on 4/14 that he was still there

Oasis OTS - Ricky Matthews *started 3/31 *Amy Fickert said that she's returning to Oasis after her two month break.

Radiance OTS - Bobby and Becky Brown **Paul Rutter is thought to be joining Radiance as the CD for the first northbound Alaska cruise

Rhapsody OTS - Casey Pelter (was on when ship went into Singapore drydock March 1, he verified he would be on ship for post drydock cruise Mar 29, and he is in the RCI publicity photo cutting ribbon at start of the post drydock cruise which is currently sailing).

Serenade OTS - Rich Edwards *April 14 through June 10

Splendour OTS - João Pereira (need dates)

Vision OTS - Claudia Periou (need dates)

Voyager OTS - Jimmy Rhodes *started 3/24. Gordon Whatman's facebook says he's back to Voyager on 30th Apr which is the beginning of the Barcelona-Dubai segment. Other info says that Gordon will be replacing Jimmy in Dubai, which would be May 15.

Currently unassigned (or on break, but do not have info regarding his/her return): Mike Hunnerup, Clo O'Connor, Simeon Baker, Leo Pappa, Bill Brunkhurst, Keith Williams, Anna Bass, Leigh Xuereb

Rich Edwards (I know him as Activities Mgr on NV, etc) is now CD (not only acting CD, but recenty promoted) on SR. He arrived on Apr 7 and took over on Apr 14. Will be here until June 10.

Replacement name is too speculative to post here/now.

Any info on what happened with Leigh Xuereb? He was only there from 3/17 till 4/14? One month is a very unusual length of contract

Any info on what happened with Leigh Xuereb? He was only there from 3/17 till 4/14? One month is a very unusual length of contract

just got off the allure 2 weeks back Ken rush had to us diamond plus party that he will be back in june until october 7

Not trying to start anything but we are Diamond cruisers with RCCL and would have to say that on at least half our cruises the only time we saw the CD was in the theatre.

What does it really matter apart from some cheese comedy routine they may do. What do they really?

I generally would rather know who the head chef was

Thanks for confirming something I had posted earlier, but I am so pleased Rich has been promoted to CD, he is a great guy.::D

Rich Edwards (I know him as Activities Mgr on NV, etc) is now CD (not only acting CD, but recenty promoted) on SR. He arrived on Apr 7 and took over on Apr 14. Will be here until June 10.

Replacement name is too speculative to post here/now.

Not trying to start anything but we are Diamond cruisers with RCCL and would have to say that on at least half our cruises the only time we saw the CD was in the theatre.

What does it really matter apart from some cheese comedy routine they may do. What do they really?

I generally would rather know who the head chef was

Your cruise director is responsible for all the activities and events around the ship. He OK's when Bingo is played, when art is auctioned, what activities to do when a port is cancelled, when trivia is played and where and which version, etc. He is the Activities Managers boss. I don't think he picks with production show the RC singer and dancers do or who the headliner will be. I think those go around ship to ship on a schedule.

Your cruise director is responsible for all the activities and events around the ship. He OK's when Bingo is played, when art is auctioned, what activities to do when a port is cancelled, when trivia is played and where and which version, etc. He is the Activities Managers boss. I don't think he picks with production show the RC singer and dancers do or who the headliner will be. I think those go around ship to ship on a schedule.

It has always been our observation that the cruise activities from ship to ship are the same from cruise to cruise. In fact from year to year very little change.

Sexy legs, belly flop, trivia, buffet under the stars and even departure party. People have been saying for years that RCCL needs to improve but nothing yet.

Also we are very loyal RCCL customers.

Thanks for confirming something I had posted earlier, but I am so pleased Rich has been promoted to CD, he is a great guy.::D

Yes Chip - I couldn't confirm your earlier post because people returning from the ship for the two weeks following your post continued to report that Leigh was still the CD.

But now I see that there was an overlap, so that added to the confusion, along with Leigh only having started a few weeks earlier. Four weeks was a very short contract for him.

Talked to RCCL representative yesterday. Ken Rush returns from his vacation on June 10th and is aboard the Allure through September 2nd. My family likes him so we're happy since we are going on Allure August 19th. :)

just got off the allure 2 weeks back Ken rush had to us diamond plus party that he will be back in june until october 7

Conflicting dates.

This list is maintained based on anecdotal info reported by cruisers on these ships, therefore I depend upon returning cruisers to post their CD here or to include it in their reviews. I try to sift through all the reviews for CD info. If anyone can help me, please post what you know (and provide your source if possible), or refer me to a review or thread that contains the info.

Please note the info does not come from an "official" source, and emails from RCI stating who the CD will be on a future cruise are often incorrect. CD's are not on a specific rotation schedule, and they move around from ship to ship, so it's impossible to predict in advance. Accuracy of this list is only as good as people reporting back to us after their cruises. It may be off by weeks, or even months.

Adventure OTS - Abel Jeney *verified on 3/30 that he is still there (need dates)

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks *started 4/1; Ken Rush will be back June 10th . (One report has him there through September 2nd and another report has him staying through Oct 7th)

Brilliance OTS - Paul Lancaster *started 3/31

Enchantment OTS - John Blair (until May 3rd?) (who will be the next CD?)

Explorer OTS - Richard Spacey *started March 9. Richard stated on his FB page that he is leaving EX on June 7th and will be returning in 2 months. Jimmy Rhodes will be filling in during Richard's break.

Freedom OTS - Graham Seymour *taking his break sometime in July, and returning sometime in September *Drew Devine for July and August

Grandeur OTS - Rico Du-Breil until July 13th, returning sometime in September (who will be CD during Rico's break?)

Independence OTS - Luke Aerosmith (started 4/7) Joff Eaton is returning on June 16.

Jewel OTS - Dennis Sciortino (aka Dennis Charles) *Started 2/13; beginning "sometime in May", he is taking an extra long break because he's had back-to-back contracts since October. (Clo O'Connor for the westbound TA, then Carly Boileau back in Boston on Sept 16 after TA.)

Legend OTS - Dan Whitney *since March

Liberty OTS - James Andrews (need dates)

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman *per Dave: his break is May 7 through mid-July, and Mitch Merucci will be the CD on MJ during that time

Mariner OTS - Mitch Merucci *Carly Boileau beginning with the TA to Europe

Monarch OTS - Drew Devine (Marc Walker will be going to Monarch at the end of his paternity leave)

Navigator OTS - Warren Allen (aka Warren Melhuish) *verified on 4/14 that he was still there

Oasis OTS - Ricky Matthews *started 3/31 *Amy Fickert said that she's returning to Oasis after her two month break.

Radiance OTS - Bobby and Becky Brown **Paul Rutter is thought to be joining Radiance as the CD for the first northbound Alaska cruise

Rhapsody OTS - Casey Pelter (was on when ship went into Singapore drydock March 1, he verified he would be on ship for post drydock cruise Mar 29, and he is in the RCI publicity photo cutting ribbon at start of the post drydock cruise which is currently sailing).

Serenade OTS - Rich Edwards *April 14 through June 10

Voyager OTS - Jimmy Rhodes *started 3/24. Gordon Whatman's facebook says he's back to Voyager on 30th Apr which is the beginning of the Barcelona-Dubai segment. Other info says that Gordon will be replacing Jimmy in Dubai, which would be May 15.

Currently unassigned (or on break, but do not have info regarding his/her return): Mike Hunnerup, Clo O'Connor, Simeon Baker, Leo Pappa, Bill Brunkhurst, Keith Williams, Anna Bass, Leigh Xuereb

DW & I are scheduled for the Eastern Med cruise 05/20/12, departing out of Rome (actually, Civitavecchia). Never been to Europe or the Med before. Just for fun I sent an email to RCI suggesting that it would be fun to hear an old song by the late Dean Martin, "Amore," as we were boarding, you know, to kind of set the mood.

I didn't expect a Reply, or I expected one that said the request is too ridiculous to even consider (if phrased a little more politely, of course).

To my surprise, I got an email response saying that because they would not know precisely when my wife and I would be boarding, they could not be playing it as we got on. However, the email said, once I board I was to ask for the cruise director to remind him of the song request. I couldn't believe it! I wasn't really serious. Now, I don't know whether I should look up the cruise director. So, who is he/she and what do you know about him/her?

Your cruise director is responsible for all the activities and events around the ship. He OK's when Bingo is played, when art is auctioned, what activities to do when a port is cancelled, when trivia is played and where and which version, etc. He is the Activities Managers boss. I don't think he picks with production show the RC singer and dancers do or who the headliner will be. I think those go around ship to ship on a schedule .

It has always been our observation that the cruise activities from ship to ship are the same from cruise to cruise. In fact from year to year very little change .

Sexy legs, belly flop, trivia, buffet under the stars and even departure party. People have been saying for years that RCCL needs to improve but nothing yet.

Also we are very loyal RCCL customers.

If the CD doesn't matter to you, then don't read this thread. Onboard entertainment is very important to me and to the others who post regularly here. We obviously don't feel the same way you do about it.

If the CD doesn't matter to you, then don't read this thread. Onboard entertainment is very important to me and to the others who post regularly here. We obviously don't feel the same way you do about it.

I can understand that and agree on board entertainment is important. However as one of the previous poster allude to the CD is not responsible for signing performers that would be a HO fiction.

We are asking what is it that the CD does on board ship.

We have spoken to quite a few cruise directors and they all seem to be different when it comes to booking the headliners - some have their favorites and I guess all they can do is make a decision - the Entertainer's promotions people have to get in touch with Royal and they in turn would contact the cruise director in question and make suggestions - Cruise directors I hear have some say as to who is on board - When we went on the Jewel for the last repo, we approached Carly and she knew who was entertaining in the following two weeks - others we found, had no idea who was coming on board and I found that hard to believe - because the band would have to be informed regarding rehearsals, etc. The old stanbys would get through with a rehearsal or two, but the newbies I would think would need more time - so who knows what the directors know and what they don't.

Anyway, I used to email and ask a month or so ahead of time and found lately Royal would just give us the piano bar entertainer - and the regular singers and dancers themes for the shows - so I don't bother anymore - we have seen many production shows and frankly don't go anymore unless its a headliner that we haven't seen before.

Like someone mentioned above - if you don't care about the entertainers, then sometimes you may get a nice surprise when you get on board or even the day before on the compass - I like to be surprised:)

Do any cruisers returning this weekend have info or updates for us?

Verification needed for:

Abel Jeney: how much longer will he be on Adventure, and who will be the next CD?

John Blair is taking his break on May 3rd? Who will be the next CD on Enchantment?

Dennis Sciortino (aka Dennis Charles) is taking a break sometime in May. Does anyone know the exact date? Who will be the next CD on Jewel?

James Andrews: does anyone know when he started on Liberty, and when he is expected to go on break, and who will be the next CD on Liberty?

Marc Walker: Does anyone know when he is ending his paternity leave and starting on Monarch?

Warren Allen (aka Warren Melhuish): When is he due to take a break and who will be the next CD on Navigator?

Bobby and Becky Brown: what date are they leaving Radiance for their break?

Paul Rutter when is he starting on Radiance?

I can understand that and agree on board entertainment is important. However as one of the previous poster allude to the CD is not responsible for signing performers that would be a HO fiction.

When you Reeeeeally Really get into the "Personal" end of cruising, it does make a difference. I'm talking about people who cruise and want to meet the staff and get personal with the Captain, the Concierge, and the Cruise Director.

If they are personable, and love the passengers, it makes the cruise very special and you do receive special attention. When you cruise and see them again, they come up to you and call you by name even though they haven't seen you for over a year.

Hope This Helps.

The CD is generally responsible for each day's activities calendar, scheduling the trivia contests, pool activities, and overseeing his or her staff as they run the bingo contests, various onboard games, assorted demonstrations etc. Each morning the CD and his or her assistant appear on one of the tv channels to outline the upcoming activities onboard or in port, offer general information and often entertain the passengers. If there is good chemistry between the CD and assistant, these shows are not to be missed. The best CDs, and our list of them is quite long, are very visible during the day and night, are quite personable and almost always willing to stop and talk. They are also the ears of the ship, listening and responding to comments from the passengers and often transmit valuable information to guests when situations arise that require official comments. Only a very few CDs confine themselves to their public appearances in the theater and even those are usually very active behind the scenes. If everything runs smoothly and you are pleased with the number and variety of activities on the ship, you can credit the CD for all of that.

as for me i dont care who is the cruise director when i take a cruise is to realax and eat and drink and see some shows.

Many people feel the same way, but I have found that a very good CD contributes to our ability to do those things by seeing that everything on board runs smoothly. It is usually easier to relax and enjoy the cruise if the overall atmosphere surrounding the crew and the staff generates a pleasing vibe. The Captain and the CD can influence that vibe considerably.

Archived