Current Cruise Directors (CD) List - UPDATED

DonnaK

Does anyone know if Joff Eaton will be the CD on The Indy for the TA - Southampton to Ft Lauderale on 22nd November 2012?

I really hope so, Ive heard so many good things about him :D

Angie

I'm sorry we don't have info that far in advance for Indy or for Joff. Keep an eye on this thread though.

Maybe someone sailing on Indy can ask Joff when he plans to take a break, and if/when he expects to return to Indy. Generally, the CD's don't know about their next contract until closer to the date, and even if they do, it often changes.

Big thanks to Donna for the great work in keeping this thread up to date. With so many pages maybe you could ask the powers that be to wipe the early pages and start a fresh with the active list. xx

Thanks Chip.

I don't think the thread needs to be shortened (yet). There is a lot of good info, with people's opinions on various cruise directors and I don't think we should lose that helpful info.

Once it hits a few thousand posts, then maybe :D

Someone onboard the May 3rd sailing of Enchantment posted that John Blair is still the CD. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=33622171&postcount=614

He was said to be leaving May 3rd Maybe that meant that May 3rd was his last cruise before the break? Or, maybe his schedule got changed?

We'll need to verify when he actually takes his break, and who will be the new CD. Hopefully, someone on the next couple of sailings will report back to us. We'll all have to keep an eye out for info.

We'll need to verify when he actually takes his break, and who will be the new CD. Hopefully, someone on the next couple of sailings will report back to us. We'll all have to keep an eye out for info.

I think Radio is on board May 11 and I'll be boarding May 17. I assume the new CD should take over one of those dates.

Roy

I think Radio is on board May 11 and I'll be boarding May 17. I assume the new CD should take over one of those dates.

Roy

Thanks!!

Hopefully people returning from other cruises today will have some updates and confirmations on those ships for us!

Here's what we need to know:

Abel Jeney: how much longer will he be on Adventure, and who will be the next CD?

John Blair is was supposed to take his break on May 3rd but he is still CD. When will he start his break, and who will be the next CD on Enchantment?

James Andrews: does anyone know when he started on Liberty, and when he is expected to go on break (it's got to be soon), and who will be the next CD on Liberty?

Warren Allen (aka Warren Melhuish): When is he due to take a break and who will be the next CD on Navigator?

Splendour OTS - João Pereira (need dates)

Vision OTS - Claudia Periou (need dates)

I just wanted to share a little bit of information I received this week while onboard Oasis of the Seas. Ricky Matthews told me that he will finish up his time on Oasis the first week of June and will then be taking over CD duties onboard Serenade starting June 10th.

No word on who will replace him on Oasis.

This list is maintained based on anecdotal info reported by cruisers on these ships, therefore I depend upon returning cruisers to post their CD here or to include it in their reviews. I try to sift through all the reviews for CD info. If anyone can help me, please post what you know (and provide your source if possible), or refer me to a review or thread that contains the info.

Please note the info does not come from an "official" source, and emails from RCI stating who the CD will be on a future cruise are often incorrect. CD's are not on a specific rotation schedule, and they move around from ship to ship, so it's impossible to predict in advance. Accuracy of this list is only as good as people reporting back to us after their cruises. It may be off by weeks, or even months.

Adventure OTS - Abel Jeney *verified on 4/30 that he is still there (need end date)

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks *started 4/1; Ken Rush will be back June 10th . (One report has Ken staying through the September 2nd cruise and another report has him staying through Oct 7th)

Brilliance OTS - Paul Lancaster *started 3/31 (need end date)

Enchantment OTS - John Blair (until May 3rd?) (who will be the next CD?)

Explorer OTS - Richard Spacey *started March 9. Richard stated on his FB page that he is leaving EX on June 7th and will be returning in 2 months. Jimmy Rhodes will be filling in during Richard's break.

Freedom OTS - Graham Seymour *off July 29th returning Sept 30th. Staying through to feb 13th 2013 *Drew Devine covering Graham's break (Confirmed by Graham himself on this thread 4/29 post #307 and #309)

Grandeur OTS - Rico Du-Breil until July 13th, returning sometime in September (who will be CD during Rico's break?)

Independence OTS - Luke Aerosmith (started 4/7) Joff Eaton is returning on June 16.

Jewel OTS - Dennis Sciortino (aka Dennis Charles) *Started 2/13; leaving May 3rd. Clo O'Connor for the eastbound TA starting May 3 through the westbound TA ending 9/16. Carly Boileau back in Boston on Sept 16 after TA for Canada/NE cruises. (needs verification)

Legend OTS - Dan Whitney *since March (need end date)

Liberty OTS - James Andrews (need dates)

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman *per Dave: his break is May 7 through mid-July, and Mitch Merucci will be the CD on MJ during that time (needs verification)

Mariner OTS - Carly Boileau until August

Monarch OTS - Drew Devine (Marc Walker will be going to Monarch at the end of his paternity leave) (need dates)

Navigator OTS - Warren Allen (aka Warren Melhuish) *verified on 4/14 that he was still there (need end date)

Oasis OTS - Ricky Matthews *March 31 through first week of June (June 2?); then Amy Fickert said that she's returning to Oasis after her break.

Radiance OTS - Bobby and Becky Brown until May 11. Paul Rutter is joining Radiance on May 4 and will take over as CD on May 11.

Rhapsody OTS - Casey Pelter (was on when ship went into Singapore drydock March 1, he verified he would be on ship for post drydock cruise Mar 29, and he is in the RCI publicity photo cutting ribbon at start of the post drydock cruise which is currently sailing). (need end date)

Serenade OTS - Rich Edwards *April 14 through June 10; then Ricky Matthews

Voyager OTS - Jimmy Rhodes *started 3/24. Gordon Whatman's facebook says he's back to Voyager on 30th Apr which is the beginning of the Barcelona-Dubai segment. Other info says that Gordon will be replacing Jimmy in Dubai, which would be May 15. (needs verification)

Currently unassigned (or on break, but do not have info regarding his/her return): Mike Hunnerup, Clo O'Connor, Simeon Baker, Leo Pappa, Bill Brunkhurst, Keith Williams, Anna Bass, Leigh Xuereb

starting May 3rd, Dennis Sciortino (aka Dennis Charles) is on an extra long break due to back to back contracts since Oct 2011.

Voyager OTS - Gordon Whatman's facebook says he's back to Voyager on 30th Apr which is the beginning of the Barcelona-Dubai segment.

Can confirm that Gordon is on Voyager to Dubai ...saw an email from him on the ship this morning

Can confirm that Gordon is on Voyager to Dubai ...saw an email from him on the ship this morning

Excellent info! I wonder if Jimmy is aboard too, and leaving on May 15. Sometimes there is an overlap during the change of CDs to make for a smooth transition.

I also wonder when Jimmy is going back over to EX from VY. Richard Spacey says on his FB page that he is on EX through 6/7, but RCI emails still say that Jimmy will be our CD on EX on 5/24.

This list is maintained based on anecdotal info reported by cruisers on these ships, therefore I depend upon returning cruisers to post their CD here or to include it in their reviews. I try to sift through all the reviews for CD info. If anyone can help me, please post what you know (and provide your source if possible), or refer me to a review or thread that contains the info.

Please note the info does not come from an "official" source, and emails from RCI stating who the CD will be on a future cruise are often incorrect. CD's are not on a specific rotation schedule, and they move around from ship to ship, so it's impossible to predict in advance. Accuracy of this list is only as good as people reporting back to us after their cruises. It may be off by weeks, or even months.

Adventure OTS - Abel Jeney *verified on 4/30 that he is still there (need end date)

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks *started 4/1; Ken Rush will be back June 10th . (One report has Ken staying through the September 2nd cruise and another report has him staying through Oct 7th)

Enchantment OTS - John Blair was due to take a break on May 3rd, however someone currently onboard confirmed that he is still the CD. (When does he start his break, and who will be the next CD?)

Explorer OTS - Richard Spacey *started March 9. Richard stated on his FB page that he is leaving EX on June 7th and will be returning in 2 months. Jimmy Rhodes will be filling in during Richard's break.

Freedom OTS - Graham Seymour *off July 29th returning Sept 30th. Staying through to feb 13th 2013 *Drew Devine covering Graham's break (Confirmed by Graham himself on this thread 4/29 post #307 and #309)

Grandeur OTS - Rico Du-Breil until July 13th, returning sometime in September (who will be CD during Rico's break?)

Independence OTS - Luke Aerosmith (started 4/7) Joff Eaton is returning on June 16.

Jewel OTS - Clo O'Connor for the eastbound TA starting May 3 through the westbound TA ending 9/16. Carly Boileau back in Boston on Sept 16 after TA for Canada/NE cruises. (needs verification)

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman *per Dave: his break is May 7 through mid-July, and Mitch Merucci will be the CD on MJ during that time (needs verification)

Monarch OTS - Drew Devine until May 14. Marc Walker will be CD May 14 until Sept. 14. Marc will return Nov. 16 until April 2 when Monarch leaves the fleet.

Navigator OTS - Warren Allen (aka Warren Melhuish) *verified on 4/14 that he was still there (need end date)

Oasis OTS - Ricky Matthews *March 31 through first week of June (June 2?); then Amy Fickert said that she's returning to Oasis after her break.

Radiance OTS - Bobby and Becky Brown until May 11. Paul Rutter is joining Radiance on May 4 and will take over as CD on May 11.

Rhapsody OTS - Casey Pelter (was on when ship went into Singapore drydock March 1, he verified he would be on ship for post drydock cruise Mar 29, and he is in the RCI publicity photo cutting ribbon at start of the post drydock cruise which is currently sailing). (need end date)

Voyager OTS - Gordon Whatman *started on 30th April

Currently unassigned, or on break but do not have info regarding his/her return: Mike Hunnerup, Simeon Baker, Leo Pappa, Bill Brunkhurst, Keith Williams, Anna Bass, Leigh Xuereb. Also, starting May 3rd, Dennis Sciortino (aka Dennis Charles) is on an extra long break due to back to back contracts since Oct 2011.

Talked to Katrina (John's wife). They have this cruise and the six day Bermuda to do before vacation. Not sure yet who the next cd will be.

Also I'm the one that said he would be going on vacation May 3. Sorry about that. It came from the cruise director that was going to be taking over when he was on vacation. Apparently Miami changed the plans since she is now on another ship.

Talked to Katrina (John's wife). They have this cruise and the six day Bermuda to do before vacation. Not sure yet who the next cd will be.

Also I'm the one that said he would be going on vacation May 3. Sorry about that. It came from the cruise director that was going to be taking over when he was on vacation. Apparently Miami changed the plans since she is now on another ship.

No problem -- we all know that Miami changes things at the last minute, so the schdule is never set in gold until it actually happens.

Thanks so much for clarifying the info for us!!!

Enchantment OTS - John Blair until May 17, per John's wife Katrina. (next CD is not known yet)

Jewel OTS - Clo O'Connor for the eastbound TA starting May 3 through the westbound TA ending 9/16. Carly Boileau back in Boston on Sept 16 after TA for Canada/NE cruises. (needs verification)

Monarch OTS - Drew Devine until May 14. Marc Walker will be CD May 14 until Sept. 14. Marc will return Nov. 16 until April 2 when Monarch leaves the fleet.

Currently unassigned, or on break but do not have info regarding his/her return: Mike Hunnerup, Simeon Baker, Leo Pappa, Bill Brunkhurst, Keith Williams, Anna Bass, Leigh Xuereb. Also, starting May 3rd, Dennis Sciortino (aka Dennis Charles) is on an extra long break due to back to back contracts since Oct 2011.

Had lunch with Abel on the recent TA and he said he goes home in a few weeks but no date.

Abel is now on the Adventure full time he said.

Phil

Had lunch with Abel on the recent TA and he said he goes home in a few weeks but no date.

Abel is now on the Adventure full time he said.

Phil

Hello Phil, Sue has my e.mail if there are some interesting photos you want to send me;):).

Abel will not be on Adventure by 2nd June as mutual friends are on that cruise and I asked him if they would see him then , answer was no. Mercedes Fuentes I believe is taking over from him.

Also once Adventure arrives into Southampton next year his multiple language skills would be wasted so watch this space for a new summer home for him:)

Adventure OTS - Abel Jeney *taking a break sometime in May (exact date is unknown). Mercedes Fuentes will be the next CD

Enchantment OTS - John Blair until May 17, per John's wife Katrina. (next CD is not known yet)

Currently unassigned, or on break but do not have info regarding his/her return: Mike Hunnerup, Simeon Baker, Leo Pappa, Bill Brunkhurst, Keith Williams, Anna Bass, Leigh Xuereb, Abel Jeney. Also, starting May 3rd, Dennis Sciortino (aka Dennis Charles) is on an extra long break due to back to back contracts since Oct 2011.

Adventure OTS - Abel Jeney *taking a break sometime in May (exact date is unknown). Mercedes Fuentes will be the next CD

Grandeur OTS - Rico Du-Breil until July 13th, returning September. Luke Aerowsmith will be there July 2nd until September 14th. (the overlap is probably intentional to provide a smooth transition)

Independence OTS - Luke Aerowsmith (started 4/7) Joff Eaton is returning on June 16.

Currently unassigned, or on break but do not have info regarding his/her return: Mike Hunnerup, Simeon Baker, Leo Pappa, Bill Brunkhurst, Keith Williams, Anna Bass, Leigh Xuereb, Abel Jeney. Also, starting May 3rd, Dennis Sciortino (aka Dennis Charles) is on an extra long break due to back to back contracts since Oct 2011.

Donna, we are currently on Radiance and thought you would like to know that Bobby Brown & Becky are leaving tomorrow May 5 and will be returning to Radiance on August 29.

Paul Rutter will be filling in while they are on vacation.

Archived