Current Cruise Directors (CD) List - UPDATED

DonnaK

Anyone know anything about Leigh Xuereb? We are going on the Explorer in a few weeks and I was just curious. Thanks!

Leigh is incredible!!! So brilliant, funny, warm, personable, energetic, etc. A dynamic presence on the ship, but not over-the-top. Very charming! Absolutely one of the best CDs in the organization, and he made a huge difference in our enjoyment of our cruise! Really, he's amazing! I would go out of my way to book another cruise that he's on.

He's Australian, but his surname is Maltese in origin and it is pronounced Schwer-reb. He's young (my guess is early 30's) and he is usually the activities director, but he's filling in as CD for Richard Spacey on EX at the moment. (He's every bit as wonderful as Richard is). He has CD experience on other ships (Majesty and Serenade), and he used to go by the name Leigh Daniels.

If you read back a few pages on this thread, there are lots of glowing words about Leigh. Same on the "favorite things about the Explorer" thread.

Here are some:

Just wanted to let you know Leigh Xuereb was fantastic on Explorer.

Yes, the love & marriage game show (Monday night) and Quest (Tuesday night) are both held on the 5 night Bermuda cruise. Richard MCs and Leigh is there to assist. So happy that Leigh is filling in as cruise director in Richard's absence as he is truly brilliant. I believe Leigh also was acting cruise director on the Freedom during Richard's breaks.

I just returned from the Oasis sailing 6/9/12....I did not like Amy at all. This was our 7th cruise and I felt it was the "Amy" show. She was not funny, did not engage the guests into activities and if I heard one more time, "I'm Amy and your Awesome!" I would get seasick. During the game shows she changed the rules midway and took way to long and during the 70's party, she came out in a revealing cop outfit and proceeded to dance, and told guests to 'scream.' she should have taught the guests the dance so everyone could participate not just watch her. By mid-week we had enough Amy.

Dan Whitney signed off this week.
Thank you! Do you know if Jimmy Rhodes replaced him, as scheduled?

Adventure OTS - Warren Allen started 6/2 and will be there until 6/30, then "cultural director" Jerome Sueur will take over for two weeks (6/30-7/14). Abel Jeney returns July 14 for 4 months.

Allure OTS - Ken Rush started June 10th until Sept 9, then Allan Brooks will be on from Sept 9 to Sept 30, then Jimmy Rhodes. Ken Rush expects to return after his break (Nov/Dec)

Brilliance OTS - Paul Lancaster started 3/31 *Anna Bass starts July 27

Enchantment OTS - Keith Williams started May 17. John Blair returning from his break on July 12.

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb started June 7. Richard Spacey expects to return to EX at the end of July/beginning of August, but hasn't received official notification of his next assignment yet.

Freedom OTS - Graham Seymour *off July 29th returning Sept 30th. Staying through to Feb 13th 2013 *Drew Devine covering Graham's break (Confirmed by Graham himself on this thread 4/29 post #307 and #309)

Grandeur OTS - Rico Du-Breil until July 13th, returning sometime in September. Luke Aerowsmith will be there July 2nd until September 14th.

Independence OTS - Luke Aerowsmith (started 4/7) Joff Eaton is returning on June 16. Can someone confirm the changeover?

Jewel OTS - Clo O'Connor (started with the eastbound TA on May 3 through the westbound TA ending 9/16. Carly Boileau will be back in Boston on Sept 16 after TA for Canada/NE cruises.

Legend OTS - Jimmy Rhodes started 3rd week of June *Can someone confirm that Jimmy is on the ship?

Liberty OTS - James Andrews until sometime in June (exact date unknown), then Leo Papa *Can someone confirm the changeover?

Majesty OTS - Mitch Merucci started May 7. Dave Chapman is returning from his break in mid-July

Mariner OTS - Carly Boileau until August

Monarch OTS - Marc Walker until Sept. 14. Marc will return Nov. 16 until April 2 when Monarch leaves the fleet. (who will be filling in as CD during Marc's break Sept 14 through Nov 16?)

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo started May 27 *Warren Allen returns on 6/30 for 4 weeks.

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert *started 6/9 Ricky Matthews expects to return when Amy takes her break.

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter from May 11 until August 31. Bobby and Becky Brown will be returning from their break on Aug 29

Rhapsody OTS - Patrick Richard *Anna Bass starts in mid-June (Can someone confirm the changeover date) until July 27

Serenade OTS - Rich Edwards *April 14 through June 22; then Ricky Matthews

Splendour OTS - Bill Brunkhorst for the spring/summer season in Europe. João Pereira returns for the fall/winter season in South America

Vision OTS - Mike Hunnerup

Voyager OTS - Gordon Whatman *started on 30th April

Currently unassigned: Mercedes Fuentes, Claudia Periou, Simeon Baker, Casey Pelter, Dennis Sciortino (aka Dennis Charles), Dan Whitney

Oh no!! Considering a SPring Break 2013 cruise on Freedom but wanted Graham Seymour as the CD. Say it isn't so! NO Graham Seymour on the Freedom after Feb 2013??

That's doesn't mean he's not coming back. Only that he's taking his break beginning 2/13/13. (Most CD's don't even have their schedule assigned that far in advance. And, even if they do know now, it can change at any time)

i was onboard last week on the freedom and i was told by one off his staff i think her name was lisa anyway she said graham will be heading to the oasis in the winter season dont know who will be taking over the freedom when he leave,so that means amy might go to a different ship i hope this is true graham will be good on the oasis

i was onboard last week on the freedom and i was told by one off his staff i think her name was lisa anyway she said graham will be heading to the oasis in the winter season dont know who will be taking over the freedom when he leave,so that means amy might go to a different ship i hope this is true graham will be good on the oasis

Well, it was Graham himself who posted his schedule a few pages back on this thread. I'd take his word over anyone else's. He said that he would be on Freedom Sept thru Feb. After a long contract like that, he will likely take a break, and when he comes back, it will be spring already.

Unless something has changed....

But then Graham would have updated his own thread in the "What ever happened to" forum.

I hear that Rich E is heading to The Splendour in a couple of weeks time. TBC

Saw a posting on Facebook that Jimmy Rhodes is definitely on the Legend now.

Adventure OTS - Warren Allen started 6/2 and will be there until 6/30, then "cultural director" Jerome Sueur will take over for two weeks (6/30-7/14). Abel Jeney returns July 14 for 4 months.

Allure OTS - Ken Rush started June 10th until Sept 9, then Allan Brooks will be on from Sept 9 to Sept 30, then Jimmy Rhodes. Ken Rush expects to return after his break (Nov/Dec)

Enchantment OTS - Keith Williams started May 17. John Blair returning from his break on July 12.

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb started June 7. Richard Spacey expects to return to EX at the end of July/beginning of August, but hasn't received official notification of his next assignment yet.

Freedom OTS - Graham Seymour *off July 29th returning Sept 30th. Staying through to Feb 13th 2013 *Drew Devine covering Graham's break (Confirmed by Graham himself on this thread 4/29 post #307 and #309)

Grandeur OTS - Rico Du-Breil until July 13th, returning sometime in September. Luke Aerowsmith will be there July 2nd until September 14th.

Independence OTS - Luke Aerowsmith (started 4/7) Joff Eaton is returning on June 16. Can someone confirm the changeover?

Jewel OTS - Clo O'Connor (started with the eastbound TA on May 3 through the westbound TA ending 9/16. Carly Boileau will be back in Boston on Sept 16 after TA for Canada/NE cruises.

Legend OTS - Jimmy Rhodes started mid-June

Liberty OTS - James Andrews until sometime in June (exact date unknown), then Leo Papa *Can someone confirm the changeover?

Majesty OTS - Mitch Merucci started May 7. Dave Chapman is returning from his break in mid-July

Monarch OTS - Marc Walker until Sept. 14. Marc will return Nov. 16 until April 2 when Monarch leaves the fleet. (who will be filling in as CD during Marc's break Sept 14 through Nov 16?)

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo started May 27 *Warren Allen returns on 6/30 for 4 weeks.

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert *started 6/9 Ricky Matthews expects to return when Amy takes her break.

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter from May 11 until August 31. Bobby and Becky Brown will be returning from their break on Aug 29

Rhapsody OTS - Patrick Richard *Anna Bass starts in mid-June (Can someone confirm the changeover date) until July 27

Splendour OTS - Bill Brunkhorst for the spring/summer season in Europe. (Rich Edwards may be taking over as CD sometime in July - to be confirmed) João Pereira returns for the fall/winter season in South America

Voyager OTS - Gordon Whatman *started on 30th April

Currently unassigned: Mercedes Fuentes, Claudia Periou, Simeon Baker, Casey Pelter, Dennis Sciortino (aka Dennis Charles), Dan Whitney

Did I miss something? What happened to Drew Devine?

On vacation now. Drew left Monarch permanently on May 14. Next up for Drew is Freedom on July 29th, covering Graham Seymour's vacation. When we talked to Drew back in May, he didn't know where he would be after he finished Freedom.

Gordon is no longer on the Voyager. He ended his stint when the ship arrived in Shanghai.

Fang has taken over.

Thank you so much!!! Do you know Fang's last name?

Can anyone else help with Indy, Liberty, Serenade, Rhapsody?

Legend OTS - Jimmy Rhodes started mid-June

Splendour OTS - Bill Brunkhorst for the spring/summer season in Europe. (Rich Edwards may be taking over as CD sometime in July - to be confirmed) João Pereira returns for the fall/winter season in South America

Voyager OTS - Fang (full name?) Started in Shanghai (date?)

Currently unassigned: Mercedes Fuentes, Claudia Periou, Simeon Baker, Casey Pelter, Dennis Sciortino (aka Dennis Charles), Dan Whitney, Gordon Whatman

One of our favorites too! I sure hope that he is on a 'Florida' ship again after Freedom!

Isn't the Enchantment replacing the Monarch in April? Maybe Drew and his wife will be assigned to that one. Either way, I'm sure we will run into him again. We will be on the Majesty in September. We want to sail her one more time before she leaves the fleet. I don't think we have sailed with Dave Chapman before. Anyone have any thoughts?

Isn't the Enchantment replacing the Monarch in April? Maybe Drew and his wife will be assigned to that one. Either way, I'm sure we will run into him again. We will be on the Majesty in September. We want to sail her one more time before she leaves the fleet. I don't think we have sailed with Dave Chapman before. Anyone have any thoughts?

Have cruised with him several times. He is always friendly and great to be with.

Archived