Current Cruise Directors (CD) List - UPDATED

DonnaK

It says Ricky Matthews is only on the serenade until 10/6, but the ship docks in barcelona 10/15- do CD's usually leave mid cruise? Any idea who will replace him for the 10/15 sailing?

thanks!

He is starting on Oasis on 10/6. I didn't check Serenade's schedule - when does it dock before 10/6?

CD's don't usually leave mid-cruise, although it can happen from time-to-time.

No news yet on who will be replacing him on Serenade.

EDITED TO ADD: OK, I just checked Serenade's schedule, and it has a changeover day in Barcelona on Oct 3. It makes sense that Ricky would leave Serenade on Oct 3 to make it over to Oasis in time for its Oct 6 sailing.

I will fix this on the list the next time I update it....thanks for pointing it out!

Does anyone know who fills in for Richard Spacey on Explorer when he leaves late November?

CDs don't usually have a big impact on our cruises, but I'm disappointed that we will miss Richard. I've read about him for years and how great he is.

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert *started 6/9 until 10/6 then Ricky Matthews 10/6 until 12/1

We will be on the Oasis on the 12/1 sailing, does anyone know who will be the CD starting 12/1 since Ricky will have just finished?

Does anyone know who fills in for Richard Spacey on Explorer when he leaves late November?

CDs don't usually have a big impact on our cruises, but I'm disappointed that we will miss Richard. I've read about him for years and how great he is.

Not yet. Leigh Xuereb (who is every bit as good as Richard is - in fact, I liked him even better) had been covering Richard's breaks (he usually is the activities manager with Richard). However, Leigh's break was supposed to start Nov 4th, but then Leigh was moved over to Jewel to cover for 2 months, so who knows??? Hopefully, he will go on break right after Jewel, and then come back to EX to cover Richard's break....this is just a guess, and wishful thinking, on my part! lol

Graham Seymour said it best: Things (meaning the schedule) can change, or not at all...ship's life.

None of these schedules are set in stone - they change very often.

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert *started 6/9 until 10/6 then Ricky Matthews 10/6 until 12/1

We will be on the Oasis on the 12/1 sailing, does anyone know who will be the CD starting 12/1 since Ricky will have just finished?

No confirmation yet, but a very good guess would be that Amy is coming back after her break.

Adventure OTS - Abel Jeney started on July 14 for 4 months. (exact end date?)

Allure OTS - Ken Rush started June 10th until Sept 2, then Allan Brooks will be on from Sept 2 to Nov 4. Ken Rush expects to return after his break on Nov 4

Brilliance OTS - Anna Bass started July 27 (until when?)

Enchantment OTS - John Blair started on July 12. (until when?)

Explorer OTS - = Richard Spacey started July 19 until November 24.

Freedom OTS - Drew Devine started July 29th. Graham Seymour is returning September 30 through February 3rd, then he's returning again April 7 through July 28. After that, Graham's 3 years on FR is up, and he requested a smaller ship to Alaska or New Zealand, for a change of scenery, but things can change quite quickly or not at all...ship's life (See Graham's thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1676462)

Grandeur OTS - Luke Aerowsmith until September 14th, then Rich Edwards until Nov 7

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton started on June 16 thru October (exact end date?) (for feedback on Joff: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1679948)

Jewel OTS - Leigh Xuereb is covering until Sept 16. Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) will be back in Boston on Sept 16 after TA.

Legend OTS - Jimmy Rhodes until August 21. (who is the next CD?)

Liberty OTS - Leo Papa started mid-July until Nov 10

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman started July 16 (until when?)

Mariner OTS - Mercedes Fuentes (started early August)

Monarch OTS - Marc Walker until Sept. 17. Marc will return Nov. 16 until April 2 when Monarch leaves the fleet. Mitch Merucci will be filling in as CD during Marc's break Sept 17 through Nov 16

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo started May 27 (until when?)

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter from May 11 until August 31. Bobby and Becky Brown will be returning from their break on Aug 31

Rhapsody OTS - Casey Pelter started July 20 (until when?)

Serenade OTS - Ricky Matthews started June 22 until 10/3. Here's a Washington Post article about Ricky: http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifest...gBW_story.html

Splendour OTS - Rich Edwards (until Sept 14?) *João Pereira returns for the fall/winter season in South America

Vision OTS - Mike Hunnerup (dates?)

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang started in Shanghai on June 19 *Gordon Whatman expects to be back for the Australian season (Oct 23?)

Donna would you recommend the news year cruise? i was thinking about maybe booking the new years cruise on the Explorer. (also hoping Leigh will be back on the explorer by then!)

We loved the New Year's cruise on Explorer! The itinerary and the weather left a lot to be desired, but we still had a great time. The Christmas decorations were up until Jan 2. The party on the promenade, with the live feed from Times Square, was a blast. You just have to go into it knowing that it's mostly an indoor cruise - bring books, puzzles, games, etc.

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks starts Sept 2 until Nov 4. Ken Rush expects to return after his break on Nov 4

Freedom OTS - Drew Devine started July 29th. Graham Seymour is returning September 30 through February 3rd, then he's returning again April 7 through July 28. After that, Graham's 3 years on FR is up, and he requested a smaller ship to Alaska or New Zealand, for a change of scenery, but things can change quite quickly or not at all...ship's life (See Graham's thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1676462)

Grandeur OTS - Luke Aerowsmith until September 14th, then Rich Edwards until Nov 7

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton started on June 16 thru October (exact end date?) (for feedback on Joff: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1679948)

Jewel OTS - Leigh Xuereb is covering until Sept 16. Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) will be back in Boston on Sept 16 after TA.

Legend OTS - Jimmy Rhodes until August 21. (who is the current CD?)

Monarch OTS - Marc Walker until Sept. 17. Marc will return Nov. 16 until April 2 when Monarch leaves the fleet. Mitch Merucci will be filling in as CD during Marc's break Sept 17 through Nov 16

Radiance OTS - Bobby and Becky Brown started on Aug 31

Serenade OTS - Ricky Matthews started June 22 until 10/3. Here's a Washington Post article about Ricky: http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifest...gBW_story.html

Splendour OTS - Rich Edwards (until Sept 14?) *João Pereira returns for the fall/winter season in South America

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang started in Shanghai on June 19 *Gordon Whatman expects to be back for the Australian season (Oct 23?)

Do any cruisers returning this weekend have updates for us?

Donna,

Simona is still on Navigator. We were not very impressed with her mingling skills. She realised half way through our M&M that she hadn't introduced herself. We also thought it was strange that she didn't ask us to introduce ourselves to our fellow cruisers. By comparison, on Brilliance in June, Chris from the Activities Crew, got us playing a game of people bingo. It was great fun and gave us an opportunity to mix and chat to others.

Perhaps she is geared more to the majority of Italian cruisers on this itinerary? Not sure if you wanted feedback about the CDs on this thread, but we really noticed a big difference between her skills and that of Gordon Whatman, Paul Lancaster etc. Actually, James, the future cruise advisor, was more friendly and sociable - a wonderful chap.

Donna,

Simona is still on Navigator. We were not very impressed with her mingling skills. She realised half way through our M&M that she hadn't introduced herself. We also thought it was strange that she didn't ask us to introduce ourselves to our fellow cruisers. By comparison, on Brilliance in June, Chris from the Activities Crew, got us playing a game of people bingo. It was great fun and gave us an opportunity to mix and chat to others.

Perhaps she is geared more to the majority of Italian cruisers on this itinerary? Not sure if you wanted feedback about the CDs on this thread, but we really noticed a big difference between her skills and that of Gordon Whatman, Paul Lancaster etc. Actually, James, the future cruise advisor, was more friendly and sociable - a wonderful chap.

Thanks for the info. I appreciate that you took the time to report back to us.

Donna -

Thanks for all the work you do keeping this thread going.

Glad to hear that Bingo Boy Dave will be the CD on our Majesty cruise on Sept 10th. He was the CD on our 2008 and 2009 holiday cruises on the Ex. It was a stepdown when Jimmy R. was on the 2010 sailing, he was not of the same caliber as Dave but sorta OK. Jimmy spoke too fast and always appeared little bit nervous. And the activities in 2010 were not as well planned and coordinated as was the 2008 and 2009 activities. There were two trivias where no staff ever showed up. Unacceptable.

I thought that Dave would have been promoted to the Freedom or Oasis classes but I guess that they most rotate most of the CDs to different classes of ship to keep them fresh.

Donna -

Thanks for all the work you do keeping this thread going.

Glad to hear that Bingo Boy Dave will be the CD on our Majesty cruise on Sept 10th. He was the CD on our 2008 and 2009 holiday cruises on the Ex. It was a stepdown when Jimmy R. was on the 2010 sailing, he was not of the same caliber as Dave but sorta OK. Jimmy spoke too fast and always appeared little bit nervous. And the activities in 2010 were not as well planned and coordinated as was the 2008 and 2009 activities. There were two trivias where no staff ever showed up. Unacceptable.

I thought that Dave would have been promoted to the Freedom or Oasis classes but I guess that they most rotate most of the CDs to different classes of ship to keep them fresh.

Awww...thanks!

It always interesting to read feedback regarding people's experience with CD's~

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks starts Sept 2 until Nov 4. Ken Rush expects to return after his break on Nov 4

Legend OTS - Jimmy Rhodes until August 21. (who is the current CD?)

Radiance OTS - Bobby and Becky Brown started on Aug 31

Are you talking about Dave Chapman? I had him in 2007 and 2008 on Explorer. I thought he was really good. Not the best I've had, but definitely entertaining. I'm surprised that he's been on Majesty for so long also. You're right, at the very least he should have been promoted up to Freedom Class by now. Maybe they intend to keep him there until they decide to sell Majesty if he's doing so well?

Archived