ES OBC not correct? Or is it?

bluesea4me

We booked back in November during military month. (You can get up to 3 or 5 cabins at the military rate.) Since then, the prices have dropped. I've submitted ES forms and they were approved. However, only recieved the new military reduced rate on one cabin and the other was placed as a resident deal.

Shouldn't both cabins recieve the same OBC since they were both booked ES with the multiple cabin military rate?

We booked back in November during military month. (You can get up to 3 or 5 cabins at the military rate.) Since then, the prices have dropped. I've submitted ES forms and they were approved. However, only recieved the new military reduced rate on one cabin and the other was placed as a resident deal.

Shouldn't both cabins recieve the same OBC since they were both booked ES with the multiple cabin military rate?

You are either booked military or ES, but not both.

If you are ES and submitted the price drop for 3 cabins to price match, then I have read other posts who were only able to price match their cabin, not the other two. They were denied too.

Not saying right or wrong, just what others reported on CC.

I actually did get the reduction for both cabins I booked. But I had 2 different booking numbers, so that might be the difference.

Just dropped another 80.00 so getting ready to put in another claim.

1. Did you book Military and subsequently switch the Military bookings to Early Saver?
  2. Was the Resident rate better than the Military rate? Did they disallow the Military paperwork for the Military person in the room that they assigned Resident rate?

ken

thank you for the comments. I also wondered how we could be booked both ES and Military, and after the booking questioned our PVP on it and he said, "It's all ok and your booked under military." I then asked him if it meant we would get credits for ES too and he said yes. ???

We booked in November and that was military month. It allowed us to book several cabins at that rate. My PVP didn't really give me a straight answer other than then "it looks like the ES Dept. took care of the credit and they decide." HMMM I say, but I'm not sure what happened because when they sent back the info for the OBC, one cabin said they put it under resident rate, while the other cabin was under military. Both rates were exactly the same on the day I submitted, however one cabin recieved $30 ® and the other $90 (M).

I might just have to call him, or carnival themselves to see what they say.

Speaking of OBC, since we have a few cabins booked, we plan on switching a couple of the occupants. Since we will be footing the bill for a few of the cabins, can the OBC from one cabin be used to help pay the SS bill from another? Say a massage in one cabin puts us in the negative for SS bill to be zero. The second cabin has $20 left. Can we use that $20 to help cover the $ from the other cabin?

Archived