Getting a little tired of the same old same old...

vancom

Being that we live in Northern Illinois, we like to vacation some place warm. We had been to the caribbean many times and hardly get off the ship. We cruise for the warm temperatures, the ship, the food and the service. Tha being said, my favorite cruise was the Med. There is nothing like eating breakfast on your balcony as you sail past the islands of Greece. It was a very active cruise, due to the necessary sight seeing.

We also liked the Panama Canal very must. Try a TA. We loved it too.

Enjoy, enjoy, whatever you chose.

Try europe if you can afford the insane airfare prices.
OMG yes! Wonderful selection of great cruises from multiple cruise lines with great ports BUT the air.:mad:

Saving grace is good cruise prices. Last years Med cruise cost more for air then an 11 day balcony on the Mariner. Nuts.

Have done 35 cruises on most of the lines. We love Royal and Celebrity. Did a Caribbean on Azamara and a South American on Oceina. They were both wonderful experiences. Sall ships, no formal nights and the food was outstanding. Got both just weeks before sailing at about the same price you would pay for Royal. Last fall did a TA on Celebrity. Doing out 4th TA on Jewel in May and then on to the Baltic. The TA's are my favorite cruises, try one. We buy round trip tickets. We use one to come home in the Fall and the other half for an Eastern TA in the Spring.

The New England-Canada cruise was different! We really enjoyed it. We still made a week out of it by the 4 day cruise then long weekend in NYC.

Trans-Atlantic, Panama Canal and Alaska are bucket list cruises.

While yes, the ports can all start to look the same, even the excursions are so similar, the company is different, the experiences are different. We are doing Europe this time, we are not doing just the 7 day cruise (with only 1 sea day boohoo) but we will spend more time in France.

Yes, airfare is very expensive, thankfully miles helped with that. Watch sales if Europe is of interest. On one site I saw an add for air for under $400 to Barcelona. Shocked me as we coordinated for SIL for $1300 from Seattle.

Folks: just got off the Jewel and finished my 7th cruise. It's been almost 20 years of sailing RCCL exclusively, and I think I am getting too old and weary to climb another rock wall and struggle through big ships with huge crowds. I am thinking about trying Celebrity, or maybe even heading off in another direction altogether. I prefer to keep cruises to 7 nights, or so, and would love to see something other than the Caribbean.

Any ideas? I am thinking northern Europe, or maybe South America. Would love some hints!

Vanessa

We are are trying Europe for the first time...I would try a different line as well. I know Carnival isn't my favorite but they certainly have some different island options that you don't see as much on Royal.

Yes definitley give other areas a go. Hawaii (who wouldn't want to go there, I love it!) Alaska (big bucket list item for me), North, West, and East European Cruises!

Definitely try other cruise lines, you might enjoy Celebrity for a more relaxed and sophositicated sailing.

Archived