Is it possible to book a cruise for an unborn child?

webzila

My wife is pregnant and due May 2012.

We want to book a Disney cruise in May 2013 for baby's first birthday.

Seeing how these cruises get booked fast we wanted to do it now rather than wait. Is it possible to book a cruise for an un-born child or do we have to wait until delivery?

Never had to deal with this and couldn't find any answers online.

My wife is pregnant and due May 2012.

We want to book a Disney cruise in May 2013 for baby's first birthday.

Seeing how these cruises get booked fast we wanted to do it now rather than wait. Is it possible to book a cruise for an un-born child or do we have to wait until delivery?

Never had to deal with this and couldn't find any answers online.

Yes, when you do your booking, you would have 2 adults and 1 TBD (to be determined). Once you have all the information you need for the 3rd person, you can add it to your reservation.

I will point out, this is an excellent thing to do. Many people just make the reservation for 2, planning on adding the baby after the birth and then finding out they can't add the baby. This happens because, when someone wants to add people to an already existing reservation, DCL will look at 3 things: 1. Is there space in the room; 2. Is there space in the lifeboat for that location; and 3. Is there room in the appropriate age group in the kids program. If there is not room in even one of these areas the addition cannot be made.

If you already have TBD on the reservation, it reserves that space in all three areas. And you can cancel that 3rd person up until your paid in full date with no penalty.

:)

Thanks for the info. If we know what we are going to name the baby do we still have to put TBD or can we put down the name?

Also, do babies (1 yr old) require travel insurance?

Disney insurance is too expensive so I was looking at Travelguard. They say you have to get insurance within 15 days of putting down the deposit but they require passenger names and birth dates. Obviously we don't have a birthday for the baby yet - it will be some time in May and they dont let you put future dates. Any advise?

Thanks for the info. If we know what we are going to name the baby do we still have to put TBD or can we put down the name?

Also, do babies (1 yr old) require travel insurance?

Disney insurance is too expensive so I was looking at Travelguard. They say you have to get insurance within 15 days of putting down the deposit but they require passenger names and birth dates. Obviously we don't have a birthday for the baby yet - it will be some time in May and they dont let you put future dates. Any advise?

Call them to confirm. I think that they have a provision where you would need to add them to the policy within a certain number of days of the child being born.

As noted above, you just need to have DCL or your TA but a TBD down as the 3rd guest. Even though you MIGHT know the name, you still don't know the birthdate, so you still have to use the TDB until you know all of the information.

Excellent questions and replies - thank you! We are planning a Disney cruise for spring 2013 with DD (pregnant and also due May 2012), her DH and 5 yr old daughter. I had exactly the same questions about booking their cabin since we were wanting to go ahead and book soon. Thanks for the helpful info, all! :)

Archived