Concierge Class on Summit

abatlin

We have just booked a cabin on the Summit in the Concierge Class on the Alaska June 3rd sailing out of Vancouver. I am not sure what the difference is between concierge class and other cabins,as I can not find a place on their web site which states this. My travel agent says that there is a concierge lounge, this I can not find. She also said there is a special room service menu...what is different about it?

I will be traveling with my 16 year old daughter. Do they have drink cards like other cruise ships? We are also considering taking the train from Seward back to the airport in Anchorage....any comments?

Would greatly appreciate any and all words of wisdom along with guidance.

Allison Batlin

Here is info straight from Celebrity's website on CC perks:

http://www.celebrity.com/plancruise/ships/cabinclass/cabintype/home.do;jsessionid=0000QUyPO-buamAHyGmDO57RVYR:1028etot9?br=C&cabinType=CC&cabincls=B&shipCode=SM

Yes, Celebrity offers drink cards in the form of a sticker that is placed on your room key/charge card. My son even got a special coke cup with the sticker purchase.

There is no concierge lounge on Celebrity. It is only on RCI. The coke card is available when you check in and it's probably at the Cova Cafe or similiar. The room service menu for Concierge Class is different from the regular room service menus. The breakfast has special omelettes, a wonderful yogurt parfait and a few other things that are special for CC. It's great to have it served out on the balcony. The table is larger and covered with a table cloth. I love CC for the canapes before dinner---I am allergic to shrimp so I don't get the usual ones, I asked for and received cheese/fruit/crackers every evening. I love to sit on the balcony and the chairs outside are far more comfortable in CC. I would definitely use CC on my cruises. The only thing better would be a suite, and someday, who knows, I might get to that too.

Katie

From what I've been told, the following for CC class which we'll be enjoying October 23rd on the Summit:) :

White Linen Breakfast served on verada with full service (Aqua Spa and Dining Room) menu.

Canapes before dinner

Gold Key Card, Gift Travel Bag

Welcome champagne

Daily fruit selection

Fresh-cut flowers

Daily hors d'oeuvres

Menu of pillows - Conformance, Body, Goose, and Isotonic®

Duvets and pillow-top mattresses

Leather key holder, personalized stationery, a tote bag and umbrella

Double-thick Frette bathrobes

Hansgrohe® showerhead

VIP invitations to events

Early embarkation and debarkation

Dining and seating preference

Preference on shore excursions

Express luggage delivery

Just got back from concierge class on the Summit (stateroom 8148), the above postings are correct in what you do get. We enjoyed it tremendously! DH always wants concierge class in the future, he slept like a baby the whole time and he can be fussy about beds and pillows. He's bugging me right now about not having chocolates on his pillow and turn down service and ...... Sigh, he's not the one who had to cook and do dishes and laundry today!

Also, we thought the train was great in Alaska last summer, took it from Denali back down to Anchorage, it's a fun experience. You'll need a cab or shuttle to the airport from the train station.

Yes, indeed, there were a pair of binoculars there, 8x21 I think, they were pretty good. Those would be handy in Alaska, not so handy in the Caribbean, but we did use them in Key West when we saw some small dolphins. There is also an umbrella in the closet and a tote bag you can use. Last night of the cruise they leave you a brown/tan tote bag to help you cart off all the stuff you buy.....:)

Enjoy!

We are also considering taking the train from Seward back to the airport in Anchorage....any comments?

We took the train last august. We loved it, the scenery was beautiful. I feel that the right side of the train had the most to see, although there are sights on either side. When you get to the Cook Inlet, look up to the right of the train to see Dahl Sheep. At times there are beluga whales in Cook Inlet, but we didn't see any when we were there. The cab from the train to the airport was inexpensive. I believe around $10. Have a great trip.

The final tote (brown and tan) is yours to take. If you want the umbrella, binoculars, robes, etc., you can have them at a price. There will be a card in the cabin with prices for basically everything (even the flower vases).

Have fun!

The final tote (brown and tan) is yours to take. If you want the umbrella, binoculars, robes, etc., you can have them at a price. There will be a card in the cabin with prices for basically everything (even the flower vases).

Have fun!

Nadine: thanks for the quick response.....................ron

This is our first ever cruise. We will be taking the Summit 12 day cruise tour flying to Fairbanks on land for 5 days then on the Summit south for 7 days. Packing and dresswear is our main concern. My wife and I are at the age of 50 and we are very low key people. Is a sport coat or blazer / dress ok for all the dinner meals or will we have to rent a tux or bring an evening dress? Any tips on planning/packing are appreciated.

thanks

I would say a sport blazer should be ok, in formal nights you may see people overdress a bit more, some wearing tux or a formal suit but in my opinion (low kep as well ) a sport blazer will not be unnaceptable, and will save you precious luggage space. Also don't forget to take a wind jacket for your day trips, will save you from rain and wind and keep you warm if it gets a bit cold. Enjoy your trip. (Also if you change your mind at the end you can always rent a tux in the cruise, but I don't think it will be necesary )

Yes, indeed, there were a pair of binoculars there, 8x21 I think, they were pretty good. Those would be handy in Alaska, not so handy in the Caribbean, but we did use them in Key West when we saw some small dolphins. There is also an umbrella in the closet and a tote bag you can use.

:confused:

I am booked for a Sky Suite on Summit next week. Just called Celeb's Customer Service Reservations number and when asking if binoculars and an umbrella are in our room was told no. Hate to pack something I don't need to. Anyone recently back from a Sky Suite on Summit that could give me the personal experience 411?

nparmalee

Can't believe it! We are booked in 8148 on June 3 Summit! Reading your notes made me even more excited!

abatlin

We are sailing June 3 too. Have you signed up for the cruise connections party?

We have just booked a cabin on the Summit in the Concierge Class on the Alaska June 3rd sailing out of Vancouver. I am not sure what the difference is between concierge class and other cabins,as I can not find a place on their web site which states this. My travel agent says that there is a concierge lounge, this I can not find. She also said there is a special room service menu...what is different about it?

1) You'll be in a 191 sq ft cabin rather than 171 sq ft (Cat 2 cabins)

2) Depending upon WHICH CC cabin you've got, you'll either have a 41 sq ft veranda or something approaching 200 sq ft. No difference in price. Pays to read the boards here before making reservations...

3) There is no concierge lounge on any of the X ships. I've ceased being surprised at the misinformation supplied by TA's, especially those that haven't ever tried the specific products they're selling.

4) Room service breakfast menu is greatly enhanced in CC and suites vs. all other cabins. You like "smoothies"?

1) You'll be in a 191 sq ft cabin rather than 171 sq ft (Cat 2 cabins)

2) Depending upon WHICH CC cabin you've got, you'll either have a 41 sq ft veranda or something approaching 200 sq ft. No difference in price. Pays to read the boards here before making reservations...

3) There is no concierge lounge on any of the X ships. I've ceased being surprised at the misinformation supplied by TA's, especially those that haven't ever tried the specific products they're selling.

4) Room service breakfast menu is greatly enhanced in CC and suites vs. all other cabins. You like "smoothies"?

How do I sign up for the Cruise Connection Party?

How do I sign up for the Cruise Connection Party?

Use the following link. Unless Celebrity's servers are being uncooperative, it works pretty well. Don't be surprised if you don't have the requisite 25 members until as late as a month before sailing and then find that the numbers pop.

https://secure.celebrity.com/cruisecritic/entry.asp?

If you haven't checked yet, you might also want to check the Celebrity Roll Call boards for the date/ship in the subject that matches your cruise.

We have stayed on the concierge class on the Summit. (8098)

It's nice. Frankly, we really didn't take advantage of all the perks. We did have our attendant (Joanna from Latvia) bring us breakfast on the balcony one day, and she was quite faithful with ice each day about 5 30 for our happy hour though.

The 'make the request once and get it for the rest of the trip' attitude is just great.

We find that its nice to have the one on one help at all times.

WOW...I am glad I read this thread! Mari and I are sailing Summit and have a CC cabin. (My first one:D )

I know she told me the balcony is bigger and the towels are softer but I didn't know about the other stuff!

And we have the bigger balcony too! AFT cabin 9162:D

Thanks for the information!!!

The CC is very nice. (Every cruise line has an equivalent service, it's a long running debate which is best).

It's really a total package thing... better room, better view, better balcony, better service... top to bottom.

I would recommend breakfast on the terrace at least once. Order it the night before (by phone or just tell the conc.) and enjoy.

We met a couple 2 cabiins down from us that had every meal brought to them the whole week. (And they weren't even on their honeymoon!). They just liked eating on the balcony watching the scenary.

I have a ton of pics of our roon, balcony, etc if you want to see then.

We have a CC cabin on the Summit for our 9/30 Mexican Riviera cruise.We snagged cabin 7206....from what I hear it is great.....I would love to see some pictures
You finally convinced me to get my act together and post the pics of our aft CC cabin from the Constellation last month. Click on the link in my signature line. You'll see both the "inside" FV cabin and an aft CC cabin. Just posted evening of 4 May, and it takes a few minutes for the pics to actually appear.

You finally convinced me to get my act together and post the pics of our aft CC cabin from the Constellation last month. Click on the link in my signature line. You'll see both the "inside" FV cabin and an aft CC cabin. Just posted evening of 4 May, and it takes a few minutes for the pics to actually appear.

I went to take a look, but it says there are no pictures in your aft cabin album. Maybe they didn't upload properly?

Archived