Lactose intolerant desserts?

preschool teacher

I'm newly lactose intolerant and I know they will adjust my meals....I sent them a fax.....but what about dessert? Almost everything I can think of has dairy in it?? Anyone??

You may be tied to fresh fruit BUT you can always ask them to marinate it in some booze when you choose your menu each night for the next day:):):p Or alternatively ask the chef to make you a cake dessert of some sort that does not have milk in it nor is decorated with cream

I'm newly lactose intolerant and I know they will adjust my meals....I sent them a fax.....but what about dessert? Almost everything I can think of has dairy in it?? Anyone??

I just got off from my first Princess cruise, on the Sapphire. I have to stay gluten and lactose free. Well, actually, I do avoid milk products, but there are times where I must have "that" dessert with milk in it or something else that is too yummy to pass up.

Costco is wonderful because I buy their big boxes of Kirkland Lactaid tablets(lactose enzyme, 180 pills). Never travel without them!

I know that some folks are not just lactose intolerant (missing the lactose enzyme), but also cannot handle "casein" in which case all dairy products are forbidden forever:(

I always feel for my friends who have trouble with lactose and gluten, however I have tried many of Princess's desert options that are sans dairy and they are all excellent, especially the sorbets. I believe that Princess makes all their ice cream/sorbets on board (or at least the ice cream served in the dining rooms) and all of their frozen deserts are splendid. I think, you'll find lots of lactose/gluten free items that will more than satisfy.

• 1 year later...

Can anyone update this thread that's wanted desserts other than sorbets? I'll definitely be trying those, but I've always loved other types of desserts. Can they make stuff like a bread pudding lactose free?

Archived