I'm happy with Celebrity

geospyder

I too, am happy with them. And HAL. No complaints on either. I'm of the mind that there are some folks that just look for things wrong so that they can complain. Sure, things have gone wrong on every cruise, but did I let them get me down or damage my overall experience? Absolutely not.

As they say, when life hands you lemons...

Good to hear your success report!! As noted and detailed below, we were very happy with our first Celebrity experience last June. Below you can see more details and visuals for why and how. Plus, our 2010 cruise with popular live/blogs linked and available below. Plus, our 2006 Greek Isles and 2008 Baltics cruise were great, too!! We've used four different cruise lines and had very good experiences with all of them. For us, it's the combination of BOTH the cruise line and where we are sailing that makes the positive difference.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 68,427 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 61,914 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Just got off the Infinity last month. Going on the Constellation in June, The Solstice B2B in October and the Infinity again in March of next year. No complaints. I'm a happy Celebrity customer.

How do you get to go so often? :D

I certainly can second the motion.

We started cruising 6 years ago, and thank our lucky stars our first cruise was on Celebrity. 16 cruises later, of which 13 have been on Celebrity, we're obviously VERY happy Celebrity customers. On Celebrity ships we've been to Europe, Africa, and South America (Australia next year). We've crossed the Equator, sailed the Panama Canal, rounded Cape Horn, sailed the Strait of Gibraltar, the Straits of Magellan, and so many other amazing places. Were it not for cruising, there is no way we - working people with average incomes - could have begun to experience these things and see the places most people only read about. Let alone experience them in a manner that only 40 or 50 years ago would have been reserved for only the absolute wealthiest people in the world.

Imagine that I, for a truly modest amount of money, can leave my very middle class life; and get on a ship where there are people dedicated, and facilities designed, so I don't have to do a thing I don't want to; and have a vast array of things I do want to do to choose from. That's what we imagined kings had when I was a kid.

How happy a customer?

13 night cruise on the Century departs March 23, 2012 (Honolulu to Ensenada).

15 night cruise on the Constellation departs May 5, 2012 (TA, Ft. Lauderdale to Amsterdam).

Harris

Denver, CO

Is it just me who thinks people who ask questions like that are rude?

Is it part of the American culture?

Annie

I think YOUR post is rude. What is wrong with asking the question?

We Americans are free ask and free to reply or not.

Do you observe a Memorial Day? Or something like our Veterans Day?

Maris

I think YOUR post is rude. What is wrong with asking the question?

We Americans are free ask and free to reply or not.

Do you observe a Memorial Day? Or something like our Veterans Day?

Maris

I would never ask that question because it is none of my business and I had deduced they were retired and good luck to them. BTW I took 7 holidays last year.

You are entitled to your opinion - fair play to you.

Yes we have Armistice Day but we don't take a PH.

Annie

Come on people - lighten up. This was met to be a happy thread. Do you want a laugh? Check out my skinny legs in my kilt Annie.

Okay Geospyder, you made me laugh on your Happy Thread. You look very handsome in your kilt and your wife looks beautiful standing beside you.

I won't say a word about legs.

But, I'll ask a question: Why is it that you live in Nevada and spend so much time cruising from Florida, and we live in Florida and spend so much time vacationing in Las Vegas? Time is a factor, and we are also retired.

I hope you don't mind me asking. And yes, sometimes we Americans ask inappropriate questions, but we do get answers.

Maris

OK Maris here is some "TMI" :)

We haven't cruised out of Florida - yet. In fact we’ve only taken one cruise in the Caribbean and that was a Carnival cruise out of Galveston to the Bahamas last May.

We like to take longer more exotic type cruises. For example we’ve taken the Constellation to the Baltic from Amsterdam and in June we are booked on an Arctic Circle cruise, again from Amsterdam. The Infinity we just finished was Buenos Aires, Argentina around Cape Horn to Valparaiso, Chile. We enjoyed that so much that we booked the second half – Valparaiso, Chile up through the Panama Canal to – guess where – Ft. Lauderdale :) In October we’ll be on the Solstice for a B2B (28 days) from Barcelona, Spain through the Suez Canal to Dubai and then on to Singapore. During that cruise we’ll be spending Thanksgiving in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

We live east of Reno - eight hours north of Las Vegas and get down to Vegas maybe once a year. In October we'll spend a week in Vegas and then a week in St. George, UT while my wife plays in a couple table tennis tournaments. Ten days after we get back from Utah we head out for the Suez Canal cruise. To top it all off I'll spend a week in the Black Rock Desert during Burningman in August/September. Told you I refuse to grow up :D

We haven't cruised out of Florida - yet. In fact we’ve only taken one cruise in the Caribbean and that was a Carnival cruise out of Galveston to the Bahamas last May.

We like to take longer more exotic type cruises. For example we’ve taken the Constellation to the Baltic from Amsterdam and in June we are booked on an Arctic Circle cruise, again from Amsterdam. The Infinity we just finished was Buenos Aires, Argentina around Cape Horn to Valparaiso, Chile. We enjoyed that so much that we booked the second half – Valparaiso, Chile up through the Panama Canal to – guess where – Ft. Lauderdale :) In October we’ll be on the Solstice for a B2B (28 days) from Barcelona, Spain through the Suez Canal to Dubai and then on to Singapore. During that cruise we’ll be spending Thanksgiving in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

We live east of Reno - eight hours north of Las Vegas and get down to Vegas maybe once a year. In October we'll spend a week in Vegas and then a week in St. George, UT while my wife plays in a couple table tennis tournaments. Ten days after we get back from Utah we head out for the Suez Canal cruise. To top it all off I'll spend a week in the Black Rock Desert during Burningman in August/September. Told you I refuse to grow up :D

Your travel plans look exciting. In between trips you must stay fit as a fiddle. You have my admiration for enduring the desert heat while romping at Burning Man.

On the Barcelona to Singapore cruise, please enjoy your ports in India as I've heard they are the best from a dear friend who cruised that route.

You have such a port extensive itinerary planned, I wonder about your trip insurance.

Since we are travellers too, I want to ask if your neighbors are wondering if you'll every stay home. We've heard that often but just keep going.

I'll be looking for your posts. If you wear your kilt in Las Vegas, I'll tap you on the arm. We spend much time there and love all the fanciful architectural elements. Of course, you'll be seeing much of the real stuff on your journeys. Happy travels.

Journey on....

Maris

Told you I refuse to grow up :D

Hey Jim, when did you end up booking the b2b? I so wish we could be joining you and Marga on that one. Sounds great. Good for you.

How come I didn't get to see those legs in your kilt on the Infinity lol.

I can second the great cruise on the Infinity around the Cape. We had the pleasure of joining this great couple each evening before dinner for drinks.

Your travel plans look exciting. In between trips you must stay fit as a fiddle. You have my admiration for enduring the desert heat while romping at Burning Man.

On the Barcelona to Singapore cruise, please enjoy your ports in India as I've heard they are the best from a dear friend who cruised that route.

You have such a port extensive itinerary planned, I wonder about your trip insurance.

Since we are travellers too, I want to ask if your neighbors are wondering if you'll every stay home. We've heard that often but just keep going.

I'll be looking for your posts. If you wear your kilt in Las Vegas, I'll tap you on the arm. We spend much time there and love all the fanciful architectural elements. Of course, you'll be seeing much of the real stuff on your journeys. Happy travels.

Journey on....

Maris

Our neighbors and we have keys to each other house and codes to each others alarms. They don't travel as much as we do and so far we've been lucky that our travels haven't crossed.

Hey Jim, when did you end up booking the b2b? I so wish we could be joining you and Marga on that one. Sounds great. Good for you.

How come I didn't get to see those legs in your kilt on the Infinity lol.

I can second the great cruise on the Infinity around the Cape. We had the pleasure of joining this great couple each evening before dinner for drinks.

Hi Annwyl - we haven't booked the B2B yet. We'll book it on the Arctic cruise in June - unless the cabins get real scarce. At this point there are four cabins we're keeping an eye on. If it gets down to one we'll book right away. By booking on board in June, aside from the free upgrade and low down payment, we'll get $500 OBC between the two cruises. We'll then transfer it to a TA and gather some more OBC. We transferred the SA cruise we booked on the Infinity and along from the benefits from Celebrity we also got prepaid gratuities and another $250 OBC from the TA. We're happy! We're looking forward to more wine at the Cellar Masters on the Connie. Hope we can find another great couple to share it with like you and Ted.

Archived