Chance for your bar tab to be FREE!

Sox Fan Cruiser

As oppose to this card and drawing, I wish Princess would offer a "spirits" package. I've heard people talk about a couple of ways to do this. It could be similar to the Princess Coffee Card, which I am not sure how that works since I do not drink coffee. The other way I heard is that you could purchase a package for the cruise at a set price and it would entitled the bearer to unlimited drinks, with the guidelines being, one drink at a time and for drinks that are $6.00 and under. I am sure there probably would need to be more details then that, but at least the concept is appealing to me.

It's not cheap though. Celebrity has this. But it's $50 - $60 a day pp. not sure Princess has the right demographic. HAL had a neat thing that you could load up a beverage card with a set amount and it gave you a bit of a discount.

LOL.......same here, we kept forgetting to give the server our card! It was available when we were on the Sapphire in September, 2011.

Could you use it in the dining room when you ordered a bottle of wine with dinner?

Okay, here is what I remember.

The drawing is per person, not per cabin. Since I drink more than the hubby (he also gets a soda card) whenever we order wine we always put it on my punch card.

Yes this counts in the dinning room as well although if you finish a card there, they don't have new ones. Not a problem, as you can get a new one at any bar. In fact any where you order a drink you can use the punch card. Although we didn't try room service or the UBD.

It is per the person drinking, not who paid. So if I bought a round each person drinking got their card punched.

This was the very first cruise where they used it on the crown.

Lighten up every one! It was a lot of fun for all us. It did not promote over drinking that I could see. I drank because I wanted to and the punch card was fun.

Princess is a business a it's their responsibility to their shareholders to try and "part you from our money". Their responsibility! If you don't want to participate in the drink program, then don't!

(but I digress)

Okay, here is what I remember.

The drawing is per person, not per cabin. Since I drink more than the hubby (he also gets a soda card) whenever we order wine we always put it on my punch card.

Yes this counts in the dinning room as well although if you finish a card there, they don't have new ones. Not a problem, as you can get a new one at any bar. In fact any where you order a drink you can use the punch card. Although we didn't try room service or the UBD.

It is per the person drinking, not who paid. So if I bought a round each person drinking got their card punched.

This was the very first cruise where they used it on the crown.

Lighten up every one! It was a lot of fun for all us. It did not promote over drinking that I could see. I drank because I wanted to and the punch card was fun.

Princess is a business a it's their responsibility to their shareholders to try and "part you from our money". Their responsibility! If you don't want to participate in the drink program, then don't!

(but I digress)

Well said and thanks again for posting this. I'll participate next time I cruise:D

As oppose to this card and drawing, I wish Princess would offer a "spirits" package. I've heard people talk about a couple of ways to do this. It could be similar to the Princess Coffee Card, which I am not sure how that works since I do not drink coffee. The other way I heard is that you could purchase a package for the cruise at a set price and it would entitled the bearer to unlimited drinks, with the guidelines being, one drink at a time and for drinks that are $6.00 and under. I am sure there probably would need to be more details then that, but at least the concept is appealing to me.

On Celebrity, the drink packages were $44 and $54 per day. Many X cruisers think this is a great deal. I'd never drink that much every day of my cruise. Their premium non-alcohol package is $18 a day. I did that on a 10 day cruise and there was only one day that I drank $18 worth. It included bottled water or I wouldn't have got there even one day. I think if anything encourages people to drink more it would be this kind of thing where people are trying to get their money's worth. And, I don't think those prices include gratuities. I don't know, maybe it would be a money maker if the majority of people never drink that much.

On Celebrity, the drink packages were $44 and $54 per day. Many X cruisers think this is a great deal. I'd never drink that much every day of my cruise. Their premium non-alcohol package is $18 a day. I did that on a 10 day cruise and there was only one day that I drank $18 worth. It included bottled water or I wouldn't have got there even one day. I think if anything encourages people to drink more it would be this kind of thing where people are trying to get their money's worth. And, I don't think those prices include gratuities. I don't know, maybe it would be a money maker if the majority of people never drink that much.

I did the drink package on my Celebrity cruise in January and they made money on me.....don't know what I was thinking.....won't do that again.

Archived