Are you getting bored of the same itineraries?

martini_guy

• 1 year later...
[quote name='martini_guy']I'm at the point where I can barely remember how many times I've been in Cozumel and Grand Cayman. Makes me wonder why 80% of the ships do almost the same eastern and western carribean itineraries.

Would be nice if they would throw a few different ports into the mix to keep things interesting. Also, I'd rather go to some of the really good ports more often (ie St Maarten) instead of the less interesting ones that are basically tourist traps.

I'm sad that I missed out on the great Miami-Panama 8 day itinerary. Hopefully, they'll restore that one with one of the newer ships.[/QUOTE]

You could always book to go to a different area entirely?

Such as Europe etc..

I'm at the point where I can barely remember how many times I've been in Cozumel and Grand Cayman. Makes me wonder why 80% of the ships do almost the same eastern and western carribean itineraries.

Would be nice if they would throw a few different ports into the mix to keep things interesting. Also, I'd rather go to some of the really good ports more often (ie St Maarten) instead of the less interesting ones that are basically tourist traps.

I'm sad that I missed out on the great Miami-Panama 8 day itinerary. Hopefully, they'll restore that one with one of the newer ships.

Look at it the way Carnival would. If you are less than a Platinum Cruiser, you probably could see a different port with each cruise so the problem is mostly with Platinum and above cruisers (a limited number) who cruise most often. Then there are these considerations: Will the larger ships fit at all the piers? Not always. How many ships are scheduled for the same port? Are you willing to pay high port fees at some locations? Are you willing to reduce profits to pay the added fuel expenses to get to distant ports. Is the port you are considering to add as safe as the current ports. Is it worth adding additional days to a cruise to get to a distant port while reducing time for other cruises. Will Passports be required at some ports? There are other considerations but these alone are considerate.

I'm at the point where I can barely remember how many times I've been in Cozumel and Grand Cayman. Makes me wonder why 80% of the ships do almost the same eastern and western carribean itineraries.

I'm sad that I missed out on the great Miami-Panama 8 day itinerary. Hopefully, they'll restore that one with one of the newer ships.

Going on cruises 10 & 11 this summer and fall with one new port for us on cruise 10 and 3 new ports for us on cruise 11. Almost all of our cruises have had at least 1 new stop for us. Epic didn't but we sailed her for the ship not the ports.

You Said It!! Carnival has to have some super good kickback deal with Nassau,

why else would they keep sending every 5 day and less eastern ship there?

It is a dirty nasty rude place. We stay on the ship.

We cant afford 7 day and dont really like it. I wish so bad that they would take 5 day cruises to some interesting places. We're tired of HMC too.

If you want to go to HMC just take a 5 day from Canaveral.

Doing my fifth cruise next March. To have at least half of the ports as new ones we're going to cruise out of San Juan on that trip.

To get new ports on our last one we went out of NYC to Halifx and St. John Canada.

I tend to like to explore places in depth too, so we do more land vacations than cruises. We really do though enjoy an occasional cruise and even more so if there are new ports.

I too have felt that way... Looking for a change of pace. Happy to say I am going on a somewhat different cruise from Miami to Grand Turk, La Romana, Curacao, and Aruba on the Breeze.

Similar opportunities for us to venture out has also bought back a renewed and recharged feeling about cruising. At one point, I was angry at Carnival, but that too has passed...

Looking forward to being on the open sea and seeing the tropical sights with a new understanding that change is good, but there is nothing like the familiar... :D

We have been to many of the ports multiple times but it really doesn't bother us. We cruise in order to "turn off life for a while and relax". You could take the ship 50 miles from shore and spin it around for 7 days and we would be perfectly content.

I totally agree~! The one and only NCL cruise I've taken made a stop in Guatamala. Before we docked we were all complaining about this stop but it ended up being the best one! I wish more ships went there. It was a great stop and the people were so grateful to have us there and made us feel so welcome. I would definitely book a cruise if Carnival had a ship that stopped there again.

Many times in Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Jamaica, Belize, etc.

Everyone always wants to see new, exciting itineraries (myself included), but does anyone have any *REALISTIC* suggestions of new itineraries for Carnival to sail? I did see that someone mentioned bringing back the 8-day Panama, Costa Rica one which I would love to see, any others?

Same here I've been on 31 cruises with CCL and been to every Island in the Caribbean at least once so by now it does not make a difference what itinerary I go on.

Gary

everyone always wants to see new, exciting itineraries (myself included), but does anyone have any *realistic* suggestions of new itineraries for carnival to sail? I did see that someone mentioned bringing back the 8-day panama, costa rica one which i would love to see, any others?

who made you the new god?

We have been on 13 cruises and we are running out of ports too. East, west, east west Caribbean. We did do an Alaska. The one I still have to do is Panama Canal. Sick to death of Coz but I enjoy the life on the ship and sit out that port and relax on a quiet ship.

I've been in most of the ports several times and sometimes just choose to have an extra "sea day" where it's just me and a book curled up in a chair inone of the empty lounges or on one of the shady decks and always near a bar. It's great and I don't feel like I've missed a thing.

As for boredom, I can honestly say that I've never had that feeling. I can always find something to interest me no matter what the situation... even if it's just people-watching.:)

We're tired of HMC too.

If you want to go to HMC just take a 5 day from Canaveral.

:eek::eek::eek:

How can ANYONE get sick of HMC, EVER?! That place is paradise on earth!! :cool:

Now Grand Cayman, I have been there I think three times now?? And I don't think I'd bother getting off the ship the next time, if I had my druthers. The tendering process is a PITA, and I've definitely been there, done that. :rolleyes:

We have also been lucky enough to be able to cruise pretty often, and have been to most of the ports (crossed Alaska off my bucket list last summer) CCL offers numerous times. We always find something "new" to do at each port -except Nassau - after at least 7 land vacations and 8 cruises there we just use it as a "sea day" and stay on the almost empty ship. Still have Europe on my bucket list - but aside from that we have hit every port accessible from the East coast. We did the Panama, Costa Rica itinerary on Liberty when she first came over to the U.S. Wouldn't mind doing that again, or Dominica, which was also "dropped." Waiting to see what new and wonderful itineraries are supposedly coming out today! It amazes me how many CCL ships are doing the same itinerary now!

They basically include the ports which are most popular with the majority of cruisers, especially those who are new to cruising. They are in the business to make a profit and if most cruisers did not want to go to those same old, same old islands, they wouldn't have them in their itineraries. However, it shouldn't take a lot of effort to find any number of cruises on Carnival or other lines which visit other islands in the Caribbean. You just have to look for them and be willing to sail on a variety of lines and leave from a variety of ports. St. Maarten always has three or four ships in port when we have docked there and the same can be said of most other ports, so someone is sailing to them on almost every week. Look for yourself or ask your travel agent to find a cruise for you that takes you to new and different ports and

you may be surprised at how many options you have.

I live close to Tampa so I like cruising out of that port. Carnival used to go to Costa Maya. We loved that port and wish they would start going there again from Tampa.

I live close to Tampa so I like cruising out of that port. Carnival used to go to Costa Maya. We loved that port and wish they would start going there again from Tampa.
...We went to Costa Maya once when Carnival Magic had a one-time 8-day cruise from Galveston--our closest port. We would like to see Carnival put Costa Maya on other ships' itineraries--perhaps instead of Progreso.

We are headed back to Nassau and Freeport this year. We only booked this cruise because it "was" going to Key West which we really wanted to see. Otherwise I doubt I would be returning to those ports. Second cruise we will head to St Maartin & St Thomas which we have never been to before. My husband would cruise every year to Cozumel if I'd let him just to visit Nachi Cocom! I do wish Carnival would add some new ports.

Archived