Early, Late, My Time...how about NO

I love the idea of the "No MDR Dining" option. Our last cruise, we were booked for MDR early seating but never ate there once. Because we had prepaid gratuities, the last night I showed up to hand out tips because it wasn't the fault of our servers that we never came to the MDR.

If tips are pre-paid (and you receive the vouchers and envelopes in your cabin near the end of the cruise) it isn't necessary/required for you to actually present the vouchers to your service staff for them to get tipped. They get the tips anyway in the pre-set amounts. The envelopes are just a formality that allows you to actually hand something to them - and to add any additional cash tips if you'd like. ;)

We usually select late dining, but do not use it. So, if late dining fills up, someone else could have used our table space.. NO option could be an option!

Great idea. Wondering why you usually select late dining. Is it because you believe that this is the least selected option.

In doing so you are less likely to take an option away from others?

I believe this is the least popular choose so it is a good idea, until they take your simple but brilliant no MDR option.

BTW, I hope to one day have cruised so much that I'm bored with the MDR. Long long away!:D

Here is the response from my good friend Adam:) regarding having a NO DINING option

Thanks Ellen. We are working towards this type of solution.

Best regards,

Adam

Adam M. Goldstein

President & CEO

Royal Caribbean International

(305) 539 6082

I love the idea of the "No MDR Dining" option. Our last cruise, we were booked for MDR early seating but never ate there once. Because we had prepaid gratuities, the last night I showed up to hand out tips because it wasn't the fault of our servers that we never came to the MDR.

If we could have chosen a No MDR Dining option, there would be no reason to pay MDR tips, because no ne would be expecting us ever in the mDR and our table could be passed to others who really want it. With a No MDR Dining option, prepaid gratuties should not include the tips for waiter, asst waiter and head waiter.

like i said earlier, with a no mdr option the grats should go to the windjammer staff who are on rotation and only in the windjammer that week so they are not receiving grats otherwise. now they can receive grats.

If they were to do a no time dining option then I think what they should do is require prepaid tips (just like anytime dining) and give the dining tips to the windjammer staff that week (yes i know mdr waiters work the windjammer but there are also waiters working the windjammer only (rotation) and not collecting tips for the week.

Hear Hear! We've been doing the select MTD, and not showing up option. We also learned to mark our 'dining envelopes' for Windjammer staff (but not sure if that works on all ships).

However, I would really like to eat in the dining room some nights, but I'm not motivated enough either to bring, or put on pants.

I would love to have a casual (shorts) section in MTD. Of course, it would need to be screened off from the rest of the dining room as we wouldn't want all of the 'normal' DR folks to see all the T-shirts and exposed knees. ;)

Wendy

Archived