Dress for breakfast and lunch

FamilyVacation2012

Cunard's website says "The main restaurants require a casual wear dress code for breakfast and lunch." Is this the same "elegant casual" that's required for some dinners (that includes a jacket) or is it more like a golf shirt, khakis, and tennis shoes? Thanks.

The 'Elegant casual' dress code (as well as formal and semi-formal) is for evenings only. During the day everyone wears their usual daytime attire. If you're in warm climates people will wear shorts during breakfast and lunch. If you're on a transatlantic people will wear jeans et al.

What is not welcome in the restaurants during the day is swimwear, bathrobes and other such inappropriate attire. That's why they have their casual wear dress code for breakfast and lunch.

Cunard's website says "The main restaurants require a casual wear dress code for breakfast and lunch." Is this the same "elegant casual" that's required for some dinners (that includes a jacket) or is it more like a golf shirt, khakis, and tennis shoes? Thanks.

You are correct that it means the latter, no jacket is required apart from at dinner. People have been seen wearing shorts at breakfast and lunch as well. It is nowhere nearly as formal as the brochure implies.

You are correct that it means the latter, no jacket is required apart from at dinner. People have been seen wearing shorts at breakfast and lunch as well. It is nowhere nearly as formal as the brochure implies.

At the risk of giving ole Shiny apoplexy - even I have been seen wearing shorts at breakfast :D:D

J

At the risk of giving ole Shiny apoplexy - even I have been seen wearing shorts at breakfast :D:D

J

This is not the place for confessions of that nature, that sort of thing should only be discussed and remain in the sanctity of the confessional.:eek:

Cunard's website says:

During the day casual shirts, shorts, trousers and beachwear are ideal. The main restaurants require a casual wear dress code for breakfast and lunch, however you may wear shorts in either the Kings Court (Queen Mary 2) or Lido Restaurant (Queen Victoria & Queen Elizabeth).

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/life-on-board/dress_code

Which seems to imply that they don't want you to wear shorts in the main restaurants at any time of day.

Cunard's website says:

During the day casual shirts, shorts, trousers and beachwear are ideal. The main restaurants require a casual wear dress code for breakfast and lunch, however you may wear shorts in either the Kings Court (Queen Mary 2) or Lido Restaurant (Queen Victoria & Queen Elizabeth).

Which seems to imply that they don't want you to wear shorts in the main restaurants at any time of day.

You are quite correct; they don't. However this is yet another example of things that happen on a regular basis on board that shoreside have no knowledge of.

You are quite correct; they don't. However this is yet another example of things that happen on a regular basis on board that shoreside have no knowledge of.

End; Wedge; The; Of; Thin; The.

Rearrange into a well known phrase or saying.

SS

Cunard's website says:

Perhaps, but I've seen plenty of knobby knees in the Grills as well as Britannia during breakfast & lunch. Lucily mine aren't too knobby.(yet!)

PLEASE!!!! - after a lifetime of wearing shorts in the Tropics, I am now attempting to break the habit. There comes a time in every bodies lives when it is no longer appropriate to display certain things in public. For me , that time has come. And lighweight cotton type trousers are just as cool onboard a ship as shorts.

Barry

PLEASE!!!! - after a lifetime of wearing shorts in the Tropics, I am now attempting to break the habit. There comes a time in every bodies lives when it is no longer appropriate to display certain things in public. For me , that time has come. And lighweight cotton type trousers are just as cool onboard a ship as shorts.

Barry

Applause! Applause!

SS

Barry

Well, after a lifetime of wearing a skirt through North German winters (among other benighted climates), I'm quite happy to give shorts a go - even though I am well stricken in years! :D

J

Well, after a lifetime of wearing a skirt through North German winters (among other benighted climates), I'm quite happy to give shorts a go - even though I am well stricken in years! :D

J

Crikey, it is no wonder that they all ran off to Poland is it!!! :D:eek::D

Archived