Absolute earliest you can disembark on the Gem in New York?

Hi all,

Can any recent GEM cruisers tell me the earliest you were able to disembark from the ship in New York. I know that if you walk off with your luggage you can get off first but what time does the ship usually get clearance? Trying to figure out what time I can book our train for. Thanks for any information you can give us.

Hi all,

Can any recent GEM cruisers tell me the earliest you were able to disembark from the ship in New York. I know that if you walk off with your luggage you can get off first but what time does the ship usually get clearance? Trying to figure out what time I can book our train for. Thanks for any information you can give us.

Last December on the Gem, walk offs were walking off at 9:00 AM

There's no guarantee that you'll be able to walk off at that time for your specific sailing. The ship could get delayed, and it does happen. Carnival had a ship last week that was due into Fort Lauderdale early morning, but an attempted medivac on the last sea day delayed it getting back into port until after 12:30 PM. Thankfully my friends that were on that sailing had a 3 PM flight, so they still had plenty of time to make their flight despite the delay.

At the end of our TAs from Europe we walked off the Gem in NYC at 08:20 in 2008 and 08:35 in 2009. We did EZ walk-off with all our luggage. We left as soon as the ship was cleared.

via iPod touch and Tapatalk.

Archived