Anyone sailed alone?

oceanbound22

No problem. The restaurant manager will try gently to put you at a large table with others. You need only insist that you want to eat alone, and within a couple of days you will not even be asked any more whether you want to join others. There are a number of tables for two, but the number is limited. Therefore, if you want to eat alone and do not want to wait for a table for two, it is good to appear in the restaurant as soon as it opens.

I am a male sailing alone on an upcoming cruise. I am not really interested in joining strangers to eat, etc, but hope I don't stand out keeping somewhat to myself. Anyone else sail alone?

I sail on my own all the time. There are a large number of solo women cruisers on SS so all your Xmas's might come at once.:D:D

I make friends with the people on this CC forum and then meet up on the ship. Have had the absolute best time doing it this way.

Not so sure about my September cruise...no CCers so far answering my roll call. So when I embark I will go straight to the MaitreD and ask him to put me on a table of around 6-8 people. That way, I'll meet people straight away.

On SS, I never consider 'joining strangers' - it's just that I don't know them at the moment:D

If u are open to it, u will meet people that will become lifelong friends.

Just awesome!

Cheers

Jennifer

I am a male sailing alone on an upcoming cruise. I am not really interested in joining strangers to eat, etc, but hope I don't stand out keeping somewhat to myself.

Anyone else sail alone?

I am glad to hear that I'm not the only cruiser who feels like this! I'm doing my first Silversea soon, so I'm reassured that I won't be pressured into doing something that I'd prefer not to.

Archived