Fjords in May/June-which ship?

cruisevirgin66

Hi, I'm looking at the Fjords cruises out of Southampton and want to take my 80 year old mum (I'm 45). She's very young for her age, but not in the best of health with heart probs, tiredness/breathless, can't walk too far, which is why we've opted for a no-fly. Which would be the best ship? We are not overly formal people, and really need to be able to just relax and enjoy the ride! Thanks :) Oh, and any tips on cabin numbers? Will be an outside or balcony depending on deal available.

Hi, I'm looking at the Fjords cruises out of Southampton and want to take my 80 year old mum (I'm 45). She's very young for her age, but not in the best of health with heart probs, tiredness/breathless, can't walk too far, which is why we've opted for a no-fly. Which would be the best ship? We are not overly formal people, and really need to be able to just relax and enjoy the ride! Thanks :) Oh, and any tips on cabin numbers? Will be an outside or balcony depending on deal available.

I'd see if there is something on Oceana. It's not a massive ship and is easy to find your way round. It is also less formal than some of the other ships as it just has the two dress codes (basically formal or informal), rather than semi-formal as well.

Hi, my Mum suffers from breathlessness along with lack of ability to walk too far and loves both Ventura and Oceana. We always state mobility problems when booking and always try and book a central cabin. We did the Fjords on Ventura three years ago and it was fab and so accessible if you just want to chill out and walk around the local vicinity to the port. Whichever ship you choose, I am sure that you will have a super time!

Suzy

Hi, my Mum suffers from breathlessness along with lack of ability to walk too far and loves both Ventura and Oceana. We always state mobility problems when booking and always try and book a central cabin. We did the Fjords on Ventura three years ago and it was fab and so accessible if you just want to chill out and walk around the local vicinity to the port. Whichever ship you choose, I am sure that you will have a super time!

Suzy

Thanks Suzy, I'd narrowed it down to those two, as they sail on our preferred dates. Just got to try and sort out travel insurance, which is bad enough on a land based holiday, take the plunge and book it up!

I would choose Oceana. I went to the Fjords on Oceana, and loved the idea of sitting at lunch or breakfast in the buffet surrounded by mountains and waterfalls which your mum would love. Ventura as you know is much bigger, and a lot of walking around the ship to get from place to place, surely a smaller ship means less distance between dining venues and theatre etc...

Having been on all the ships in present fleet, I vote Oceana! LOL;)

SHE COULD SIT HERE WITH A CUP OF TEA!

P9020163.jpg

If you have narrowed it down to Ventura and Oceana then I too would suggest Oceana. If the weather is nice there is more open deck space per passenger and it is less overwhelming size and facilities wise. It will also be nicer ashore in the small Norwegian ports with fewer numbers of passengers disembarking.

If possible choose a ship with an indoor pool area. If the weather is bad it at least gives you somewhere light and airy to sit. Our crossing of the North Sea was on a miserable day, but Ventura's indoor pool area provided a great environment.

Archived