DINING: Does Confirmed Mean Confirmed?

BobolGrobol

Hi guys,

Just booked my ten year anniversary cruise on the Freedom for October. So excited!

We have always done early dining, but this trip are thinking we'd like to try ATD for more flexibility. Right now, all dining options are listed as "available".

What I am wondering is...if we are CONFIRMED in a particular dining option, is that the end of the story? We are then guaranteed that dining time (or ATD)?

I know Platinum folks are guaranteed their choice of times, so I am wondering if CONFIRMED for us non-Platinum folks is ever really confirmed.

Has anyone ever been CONFIRMED and then been bumped?

Merry cruising to you all!

Bobol :D

I don't know WHY, however, I have been bumped (pre-platinum) once on Carnival Dream.

I have seen others also bumped. I believe it to be rare, but it does happen. You aren't

"Guaranteed" until you have your sail & sign card in hand. I would not worry about it.

I don't know WHY, however, I have been bumped (pre-platinum) once on Carnival Dream.

I have seen others also bumped. I believe it to be rare, but it does happen. You aren't

"Guaranteed" until you have your sail & sign card in hand. I would not worry about it.

This is not true any longer. When you are confirmed you are given that spot. As the spots start to fill up they wait list people to accommodate platinum diners who might want the times. Booking this early OP will get their desired dining time.

Was told by PVP that if you are " confirmed " then you are all set. We have never been moved after we have been confirmed. As stated earlier, they save so many for the platinum and when they fill up the confirmed only wait list will show.

This is not true any longer. When you are confirmed you are given that spot. As the spots start to fill up they wait list people to accommodate platinum diners who might want the times. Booking this early OP will get their desired dining time.

This is what we were also told in October. They said they will not bump a passenger that booked a year ago to accomodate a platinum guest that booked 5 days ago, that is why they waitlist a large amount of people.

ODDLY enough....apparently "confirmed" does not mean anything even for Milestone.

On the Dream (BC4) we were confirmed for our usual early dining (since our special needs son can not eat late)....

and when we arrived, our Sail and Sign card said late.

I went to the Maitre d' and was told there was nothing they could do.

(apparently the Platinum perk of a "guaranteed seating time in the MDR" doesn't mean anything either)

It was one of the few times that I was less than gracious....but we got the Early seating that we needed.

Again, I stood by a group of 4 people that held a printed copy of their documents showing CONFIRMED Early, but were given Late. The Matre'd couldn't accomidate them, and ended up putting them on ATD. This was November 2012.

While it is rare, it is not GUARANTEED.

Again, I stood by a group of 4 people that held a printed copy of their documents showing CONFIRMED Early, but were given Late. The Matre'd couldn't accomidate them, and ended up putting them on ATD. This was November 2012.

Oh my! So it really IS like the Seinfeld "reservation" episode :eek: and :D

:p

ODDLY enough....apparently "confirmed" does not mean anything even for Milestone.

On the Dream (BC4) we were confirmed for our usual early dining (since our special needs son can not eat late)....

and when we arrived, our Sail and Sign card said late.

I went to the Maitre d' and was told there was nothing they could do.

(apparently the Platinum perk of a "guaranteed seating time in the MDR" doesn't mean anything either)

It was one of the few times that I was less than gracious....but we got the Early seating that we needed.

I always joked around that you are guaranteed a seating time in the MDR, but you're not guaranteed the one that you want.

I have had an issue with a computer mistake before. I brought our documents and while it took a while, they fixed it. At first they said they didn't have any room on early, so when I asked to see the manager of dining services they found something for us.

I would have taken ATD with no problem, but not late. Nothing is guaranteed but if you get to the right person they should make it right.

Was this at dinner or when you first entered the ship?

The only time we ever got bumped was for a table change. When we got to our cabin we had a letter saying they had changed our table. When we got to the new table we were happy to see that we were at a table with another couple who had two kids, one which was our DS's age and with whom he hung out with for most of the cruise. They were a lovely family from England and I believe the DS is still in touch with the other boy via Face Book. This was when the DH was 9 and he is 16 now. So, in that instance, it was a great thing that we got our tables changed.:D

We sail on 4/8 to Mexico and have been guaranteed for late seating (always our first choice on Carnival) but we don't care if we get changed to something else. We're just happy to be cruising!:D

On our second Carnival cruise we got bumped from first seating to late seating because a large church group had booked and were all seated at the early dinner.

It turned out to be a blessing for us, as we discovered that late dinner actually worked better for us. There is no rushing by diners or staff and everything just felt more relaxed. Although we eat pretty early at home, we have become late diners on cruises.

I was told by a PVP and Carnival Customer Service before last year's cruise (or I would not have booked it) that if you are confirmed, that is the sitting you get. I guess "emergencies" happen, but as others have stated, very rarely.

Archived