Maui chips

sptym

Well I thought they were better than some of the chips that we get at home but then again the ones that the other poster is listing I have never had.

They aren't hard to find...they are everywhere...I believe we picked ours up at the Dole Plantation.

I can't wait to try these chips. I love chips and have tried many different brands/types. I do have several favorite and they aren't your usual brands such as Jays or Lays. We will see if I add these Maui chips to my favorite list.

Maybe the ones you are thinking of are the Maui Onion chips ..... they are really good, and I have not found them to be easy to find on the mainland. They are the "kettle" type potato chips and are flavored with Maui sweet onions. IMO .... YUM!!

Has anyone ever had them? Are they good? How easy are they to find?

The Original Maui Potato Chips are labeled: Kitch'n Cook'd Maui Chips. They are only available in Maui and the package also says Do not expose to Sunshine because the hallmark of this chip is that they are very thick and crispy. The package also says "The Original since 1956. They are also very oily and are cooked in cottonseed oil. The package is very plain, clear cellophane with Red and yellow printing.

I had these once when I visited and was staying at the Kaanapali Beach Hotel and was in the Gift Shop when they got their delivery on one (1) case of 12 bags. Seeing this I bought all 12 bags. Liking them is individual but they are thicker, greaser and crispier than normal chips or even "Maui Style Chips"

These are the legendary Maui Potato Chips that everyone copies.

Happy Cruising

BAI@bay

Archived