Royal Palms - I'm confused!

lego7191

Going on Carnival Freedom in April. Thinking about going to 7 Mile Beach. Been reading/hearing about Royal Palms, but it seems there is a beach resort Royal Palms and a bar/grill Royal Palms. Can someone clarify if these are one in the same or do I need to specify to the taxi driver that I want to go to the RP bar/grill? And if I go to the bar/grill, is that where the $2 access to the beach/facilities is located? And does that $2 fee include use of their pool? Or do they have a pool? Or am I confusing that with the Royal Palms beach resort that is not the RP bar/grill and the bar/grill does not have a pool?

I am super confused if you can't tell. :confused:

They're the same place. Royal Palms has a nice beach and bar/restaurant. Chair rental is extra but do it unless you want to lay on your towel. Prices at the bar are high so be prepared. A hamburger and beer were $20!

There is a pool there but no one was using it when we were there. I actually jumped in to cool off but the pool water was very warm! Small pool so it warms up quick. The ocean felt amazing. Plus, it's so beautiful!

Pics of Royal Palms:

100_3456.jpg

100_3460.jpg

100_3459.jpg

Beautiful pictures! Thank you for the explanation Cigar Dude! I think one of the reasons I was/am so confused is because if I just do a google map search for Royal Palms, it looks like it comes up to some place far away on the island from 7 Mile Beach. Just wanted to make sure taxi driver would get me to the right place. :-)

Do you recall how much the chair rental and umbrella rental is? I thought I had read 10 bucks for each chair and 20 for the umbrella but then I saw somewhere else it was 10 for the umbrella.

Another random question CD - you look like a pretty big guy (muscular). Any problems with the chairs? They look like those cheap plastic flimsy ones. Are they like that or are they pretty sturdy? (can you tell me how much you weigh? Too personal I know but it helps!) Thank you!

The Royal Palm has an outdoor open-air restaurant called the Reef Grill. There are chair and Jet-Ski rentals there. Excellent burger and cold beers! We stop there every visit.

Good deal, thank you! I am fairly certain this is where we want to be while in GC. We'll be on one of three ships in port that day so I'm hoping that means it wont be crowded.

Beautiful pictures! Thank you for the explanation Cigar Dude! I think one of the reasons I was/am so confused is because if I just do a google map search for Royal Palms, it looks like it comes up to some place far away on the island from 7 Mile Beach. Just wanted to make sure taxi driver would get me to the right place. :-)

Do you recall how much the chair rental and umbrella rental is? I thought I had read 10 bucks for each chair and 20 for the umbrella but then I saw somewhere else it was 10 for the umbrella.

Another random question CD - you look like a pretty big guy (muscular). Any problems with the chairs? They look like those cheap plastic flimsy ones. Are they like that or are they pretty sturdy? (can you tell me how much you weigh? Too personal I know but it helps!) Thank you!

$10 for each chair and $10 for one umbrella, which you'll wish you had if you don't rent it! Intense Caribbean sun.

The chairs are heavy duty. Not cheap, thin plastic. I weigh 220 and they didn't even whine when I sat down! :D

$10 for each chair and $10 for one umbrella, which you'll wish you had if you don't rent it! Intense Caribbean sun.

The chairs are heavy duty. Not cheap, thin plastic. I weigh 220 and they didn't even whine when I sat down! :D

Good deal, thank you so much for the info and pics! Helps tremendously!

Good deal, thank you! I am fairly certain this is where we want to be while in GC. We'll be on one of three ships in port that day so I'm hoping that means it wont be crowded.

They're busy today because there are 3 ships in port and it's getting close to happy hour. Here's a link to their web cam, view 1 is their pool which we never used, view 2 the Reef patio, and view 3 the beach and condo units next door. The Marriott is also close by. If the link doesn't post try googling "royal palms grand cayman webcam"

http://royalpalmscayman.com/royal-palms-webcams

• 3 weeks later...

Cigar Dude- you seem pretty knowledgeable about this, so let me ask you- I have read much back and forth about Royal Palms vs Sea Grape. Some say RP is the way to go, others say it's over priced & you can get the same experience much cheaper at SG.

What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks for the pictures Cigar Dude... They have helped us to make the choice to book a cabana there.

Did you happen, (or anyone else) happen to have a picture of the beach cabana's at Royal Palm's?

Thanks!!:)

Thanks for the pictures Cigar Dude... They have helped us to make the choice to book a cabana there.

Did you happen, (or anyone else) happen to have a picture of the beach cabana's at Royal Palm's?

Thanks!!:)

Would like to see pics as well as I'm thinking about reserving a cabana in October.

• 4 weeks later...
How much are the cabana rentals? Do you do it when you get there or can you pre-book somehow?

THanks

The beach cabanas rent for $50 for the day and they have a minimum food/drink order of $50. (I had emailed them prior to our cruise inquiring about the price.) Exact text from their email response: "The beach cabanas are also $50 to rent and we ask for a minimum purchase of $50 on food or/and beverages. In the beach cabana you have a table and 4 chairs and 2 free lounge chairs."

If you know you want to reserve one, I'd email ahead of time to reserve it since there are only two on the beach. Would not want to run the risk of someone else snagging it before you get there. I used their "contact us" link on their website but the email response came from info at royalpalmscayman dot com.

• 2 weeks later...
They're the same place. Royal Palms has a nice beach and bar/restaurant. Chair rental is extra but do it unless you want to lay on your towel. Prices at the bar are high so be prepared. A hamburger and beer were $20!

There is a pool there but no one was using it when we were there. I actually jumped in to cool off but the pool water was very warm! Small pool so it warms up quick. The ocean felt amazing. Plus, it's so beautiful!

Pics of Royal Palms:

100_3456.jpg

100_3460.jpg

100_3459.jpg

CIGAR DUDE -- You are so knowledgeable about RP. Can you please tell me if they parasailing tours at RP? If yes, do you know the cost? Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

We are doing the Pirate Encounter excursion through CCL and then are hoping to find a beach somewhere to hang out and maybe grab some lunch...

How far is Royal Palm from the ship? How much would a taxi cost? It looks lovely :)

With two ships in port will Royal Palms be too busy?

We had three ships in port on the day we were there - it was busy but there were plenty of chairs available.

How far is Royal Palm from the ship? How much would a taxi cost? It looks lovely :)

If I remember correctly, the taxi ride was 4 dollars per person, plus tip. It's 2 dollars per person to get into Royal Palms, and the chair rentals are 10 dollars each, and an umbrella is 10 dollars.

We really enjoyed our day there. Did a banana boat ride, ordered food and drink from the beach waiter, so I never made it to the pool or up to the restauarant area, watched parasailers, people watched, played in the sand and water. I'd definitely go right back to Royal Palms.

• 9 months later...

I just received an email back from them indicating their current prices. We will be there on April 17th.

Hi Pat,

Thanks for your email. Here's some information about the Royal Palms.

All are welcome at The Royal Palms! There is a $2US entry fee for adults which entitles you to the use of the beach, pool (over 18 years old only though), showers and changing rooms. Beach chairs rent for $5US as do umbrellas. We have plenty of good food and drink available on the Beach Bar patio, beach or pool area. If you would like to rent a cabana on the beach, the cost is $100US including table seating for 4 and 4 beach chairs. Food and beverage purchase required. There are cabanas available at the pool as well-no charge but food and beverage purchase required to use them. Most days we have a masseuse and a hair braider. Water sports such as jet skis, kayaks, paddle boards, snorkel rental and parasailing(wind permitting) are available on the beach. We also have a volleyball net on the beach.

We are a short taxi ride from the port. It will cost you $4US per person one way. To go farther up the beach will cost an extra $1 each way so it's a wash with the entry fee AND our beach is gorgeous right now after a recent storm which added more sugar sand to our already beautiful beach. Check out our website with photos of the current beach options on 7 Mile Beach (click on beach options). When getting in a taxi at the port, be careful...some of the drivers will insist on taking you farther (for the extra buck) especially the big 32 seaters. Best to take a small taxi if you can.

I hope this is helpful and we look forward to seeing you in Cayman.

Tropical regards!

The Royal Palms Gang

Yes, thanks for the updated info. I think this is where we'll go on our cruise coming up, we'll be in Cayman on April 1st (April Fools' Day!). Looking forward to checking out the Royal Palms.

I love Royal Palms!

The Western Itinerary is our favorite. Love Grand Cayman. We stop and get my husband favorite cigars and then head to Royal Palms. It's a ritual. LOL! Luckily we only missed the Port once. We spend the whole day there. Water is just beautiful!

Went to Calico Jacks first time we went to the Caymans. We didn't know any better and that's where the shuttle took all of us.

Came back and did research and next trip went to the Royal Palms. No comparison! Royal Palms is way better in terms of beach space and ambience. It's a little more refined. It has never been crowded while I was there. If you arrive later, you may not be in the front row of chairs but, you'll get louhge chairs.

We always budget in lunch. Yes, it will be expensive. It is the Caymans.

The cabanas look so nice! I was thinking of renting one. However, hubby said $100 is to much for that on top of the food and drinks we buy. So I was veto'd. LOL! If we were cruising with friends and splitting it with another couple, maybe.

I can't wait. Talking about this got me excited!:D

• 3 weeks later...

Pics of Royal Palms:

100_3456.jpg

100_3460.jpg

100_3459.jpg

I've enjoyed your post and pics. We are cruising to Grand Cayman in June on Carnival. We were considering doing a ship excursion to the beach but you only get to stay for a few hours. I think our kids would love the jet skis and so on. We have also looked at TiKi Beach. Any suggestions?

I was just curious if anyone who has visited Royal Palms lately knew if they do parasailing tours and if so do you know the name of the company? We're going to be there first week of May, and DW and I would love to do it, but also come back to the Royal palms to spend the day. TIA !

Archived