Internet connection

rfholcom

I am going to be in Anchorage for 4 days and then on the Carnival Spirit for a week. Unfortunately, work is following me there. Does anyone know about the Internet access on the Spirit? Will my computer work on the ship? I guess I should check with the hotel to see about Anchorage.

Without a computer, I do not go. Major project and I am one of the leads. I booked the trip before the project came up. I probably would not have booked it if I had known. I should only have to work an hour a day so it is still better to go and work a little while than not go at all.

Every hotel where I've ever stayed in Anchorage has internet access. You will probably pay for it big time, but it's available. Many of them also have wireless access. If it's important to you, go to the hotel website and look under "amenities". There are also numerous internet cafes in Anchorage with wireless.

By the way, if work is FORCING you to keep a computer, make sure they pay for any and all internet access charges. If it wasn't for them, you'd not have to waste an hour a day out of your vacation.... And make sure you're also compensated for your time online as well. 11 days = 11 hours.

By the way, if work is FORCING you to keep a computer, make sure they pay for any and all internet access charges. If it wasn't for them, you'd not have to waste an hour a day out of your vacation.... And make sure you're also compensated for your time online as well. 11 days = 11 hours.

I too strongly agree, ship internet access is usually slow and costly. I would be certain I was paid at least double. It's way too bad that this poster can't get even 2 weeks of freedom. :(

I have posted in the past- but again, I am very fortunate for my job and as time has gone on, more and more I know I have it made. :)

We used the Carnival Spirit wireless access last year. No problems. A bit slow, so make sure you do email offline, then log back in. I would avoid web based email if you are doing much. You will have to sit in the PC Lounge for the wireless to work.

Just about all ships now have some type of wireless.

I always take my pc for various reasons, but that's been discussed many times before. It does NOT hamper my vacation.

Archived