Arrival at pier, same cabin-different times?

khm1

I am pretty sure that I have seen this topic discussed before, but I did a search and couldn't find it. I also searched RCL's site and came up with no information.

I am traveling on Explorer in July with a family group. We will be arriving at the pier at different times. My nephew will be sharing a cabin with my teenage sons. His parents (BIL & SIL) will be down the hall.

We will likely check in at the pier before my nephew, BIL, and SIL will. Is this going to be a problem? I know how to put different credit card info on his on-line check in. I cruised recently with my sister and Mom, but we arrived together at the pier. We all had our own Set-Sail passes. I just don't know how it works at the pier when the occupants of a cabin arrive separately. Will he still be able to get his Sea-pass with us not there? Thanks in advance to anyone who knows the answer!

I am pretty sure that I have seen this topic discussed before, but I did a search and couldn't find it. I also searched RCL's site and came up with no information.

I am traveling on Explorer in July with a family group. We will be arriving at the pier at different times. My nephew will be sharing a cabin with my teenage sons. His parents (BIL & SIL) will be down the hall.

We will likely check in at the pier before my nephew, BIL, and SIL will. Is this going to be a problem? I know how to put different credit card info on his on-line check in. I cruised recently with my sister and Mom, but we arrived together at the pier. We all had our own Set-Sail passes. I just don't know how it works at the pier when the occupants of a cabin arrive separately. Will he still be able to get his Sea-pass with us not there? Thanks in advance to anyone who knows the answer!

Wow - I think I might know the answer to your question based on stuff I've heard from other people, but I've never been in this situation personally. I don't think it matters that your sons' roomie isn't checking in at the same time they are. Each will get his own seapass card when they check in, and that card will serve as their room key as well as their charge account onboard. Each boy in the room can have his own account, so when each boy checks in, each boy will have to provide a credit card or cash to fund his account.

So I think you can take care of your sons' accounts at check in, and your BIL & SIL can take care of your nephew's account when they check in.

Judy

Wow - I think I might know the answer to your question based on stuff I've heard from other people, but I've never been in this situation personally. I don't think it matters that your sons' roomie isn't checking in at the same time they are. Each will get his own seapass card when they check in, and that card will serve as their room key as well as their charge account onboard. Each boy in the room can have his own account, so when each boy checks in, each boy will have to provide a credit card or cash to fund his account.

So I think you can take care of your sons' accounts at check in, and your BIL & SIL can take care of your nephew's account when they check in.

Judy

Thanks!

No problem!

However, if your nephew were to check in w/ you it may be a problem if he is a minor. You would have to have a letter from his parents authorizing him to sail w/ you.

You need this when you are cruisimg w/ a minor child who is not your child, and even when parents are divorced or serperated. Have seen families w/ this issue at the port.

Also, I think someone over 25? has to be in each cabin (? about exact age). So, you may have to tell RCI an adult will be sleeping in the room w/ the boys even if they are not. Nobody will go around at night to see who sleeps where.

No problem!

However, if your nephew were to check in w/ you it may be a problem if he is a minor. You would have to have a letter from his parents authorizing him to sail w/ you.

You need this when you are cruisimg w/ a minor child who is not your child, and even when parents are divorced or serperated. Have seen families w/ this issue at the port.

His parents are going on the same sailing. He will arrive at the port with them.

Also, I think someone over 25? has to be in each cabin (? about exact age). So, you may have to tell RCI an adult will be sleeping in the room w/ the boys even if they are not. Nobody will go around at night to see who sleeps where.

My husband is on the reservation with the three teenage boys. It is an inside quad. He will be with me and DD across the hall once we board. BIL and SIL are a few doors down the hall.

Your nephew should be on your BIl and SIL's set sail pass, so they check in as one group and you check in as another group with your set sail pass

Are you sure? They have a different reservation number. I was thinking that I would print off nephew's set sail pass and give it to his parents.

Like an earlier poster I am only going by what I have read on these boards but I'm sure that ALL people on the same booking have to check in at the same time so it will depend if your son and nephew are on a separate booking reference. Probably the best way to be sure is to give RCI a call and check with them.

Gill

Archived