Glacier dogsled in Juneau

treinke

I know this is the most cancelled tour on the cruise but I still want to get reservations for it. On Princess there are two different ones. One goes to Norris Glacier and one goes to Mendenhell Glacier. Is one glacier better than the other? I think I know which company is the Norris Glacier one and I've looked at their website and like it. They also are cheaper.

Any recommendations on which to choose? They both have morning and afternoon times. Is one better than the other?

I do have my backup plan in place if we get cancelled.

Others can chime in but in my research and talking to the varous vendors I determined there were no difference.

As to which is better early or late, sometimes weather is good in morning and sometimes not. Again there is no hard and fast rule. I'd book based on what your other plans are and backup to fill that canceled slot if you are unlucky.

I know this is the most cancelled tour on the cruise but I still want to get reservations for it. On Princess there are two different ones. One goes to Norris Glacier and one goes to Mendenhell Glacier. Is one glacier better than the other? I think I know which company is the Norris Glacier one and I've looked at their website and like it. They also are cheaper.

Any recommendations on which to choose? They both have morning and afternoon times. Is one better than the other?

Where does Princess offer this? I looked through the excursions on my cruise personalizer and i dont see anything for dog sled. seems as have to book independently

I have already mentioned to you, IF you are on the 9-15 Sapphire, you are going to be too late for a glacier dog sled tour, all the camps are closed. this has been the case over several years, the camps always closing end of August, into begining of Sept. Problem is, they will continue to make reservations, (plenty of people argue this), but, it is only max revenue generating. They schedule the bookings, with deposits and commitments etc- so to operate as long as they can. Then just cancel the rest, no lost revenue this way.

There should be dog sled ground cart rides available.

There are three different companies in Juneau which run these tours. ALL do an excellent job, 2 are ship contracted, 1 company does not.

Mendenhall is only more well known, any glacier is in a constant state of change and none better than the others for these tours.

Archived