Elite Mini Frig set-up

pjbmontana

We are leaving for the Panama canel on April 10th from LA on Coral and this is our first trip as elite passengers. I have read somewhere that there is a way to request the mini frig setup in the cabin rather then just the generic setup. I can't seem to find the place that I read that information. Does anybody know how to do this or who to contact?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

like the above posts say, it has to be done thru room service...it's on the phone keypad...your cabin steward cannot do it..

you specifically have to tell them what you want to trade and for what...we usually set aside what we want to trade with a note...

we usually trade all booze for vodka... and the misc beer, sodes, etc for water and Sprite... it has always worked well tho it may take some hours.. the trade will be one-for-one booze... and all other (soda, beer, etc as one-for one also)

Always book PH suites...always ask for specific items on cruise personalizer...NEVER get them. As previously mentioned just ask your room steward to swith items to what you want.

The previous post say call room service, you cabin steward CANNOT do the swap.(they have enought to do).

A quick call to room service is all it takes!

The previous post say call room service, you cabin steward CANNOT do the swap.(they have enought to do).

A quick call to room service is all it takes!

I believe the cabin steward will just call room service for you. I figure why stick him in the middle.

The identical mini bar set ups are made up on kitchen trays and sent to the floors on turn around morning. Someone has a list of elites and puts the generic items in the proper rooms. They are so busy trying to get all the rooms done by 11:30 for new passengers boarding that its easier to take care of special requests later.

If you ever want a recipe for a stress ulcer try working room set ups from 7:30 to 11:30 on a turn around.

We have never had a problem trading all spirits for vodka and all sodas for tonic, normally keep the beer and drink that on deck.:) Just call room service and put in your request......normally changed that day.

Westham

So if you're not elite, the fridge is just empty?

If there is something in the fridge, can you ask them to empty it?

I believe there are sodas and such which you pay for if you consume. You can ask the cabin steward to remove.

I believe there are sodas and such which you pay for if you consume. You can ask the cabin steward to remove.

That is correct with often some bottled water and that is what we used to do. Sometimes the steward took it away and other times they would just put in a closet in the cabin.

Thanks to everybody we will ask the cabin steward and see what happens!

You speak to room service. Cabin steward is not involved in mini bar.

You can also have the entire contents swapped out for a bottle of wine.

Cheers!

Not anymore.

You speak to room service. Cabin steward is not involved in mini bar.

Not anymore.

We were able to switch out for a bottle of wine when we were on the Grand in January - can you tell me what the new rules are.

We were able to switch out for a bottle of wine when we were on the Grand in January - can you tell me what the new rules are.

In February they said they were no longer doing it. And this was also on the Grand. Don't know if it's just a blip or permanent.

Archived