Cruising FROM Yucatan Mexico Back to U.S.

picklebongo

My daughter will be studying abroad for four weeks and I am thinking about going on a cruise and having her sail back from Yucatan to the U.S. with me. Do you think this is possible? She would still have a round trip airline ticket in the event we missed the port or she couldn't make the departure for some reason.

I'm wondering if anybody has ever done this or do you think Carnival would have a problem with this?

You could cruise out of Galveston on there 5 day cruise, meet up with her in Progreso, Yucatan on Day 3. She could then cruise with you to Cozumel, spend the day there. Then you have another full day at sea and back to Galveston. Actually there are quite a few options you could work out depending on the cruise port you want to go out of.

You would need to call Carnival and verify this, but I know it has been done before. People have also missed there cruise ship and flown to the first port to get onboard (which is basically the same thing as far as Carnival is concerned). Just be sure they know, you definitely don't want the ship waiting for her to get onboard if she is not boarding.

You will most likely be paying a full fare for her as if she was getting on the ship with you the first day.

Why waste the money? You already have a round trip air fare purchased. You are going to pay the full fare for the cruise. Have her fly home and then go on the cruise together, that way you don't have any issues with ICE when you get home.

Archived