4I to 6A ES denied?

dettlja

Categories are 4A, 4B, 4C etc, on up.

Types of categories are inside, OV, balcony.

Correct...I worded it wrong. The problem I was trying to explain was that Carib1 kept saying a 4I was a higher category than a 6A and I was trying to explain that a 4I is an inside room and therefore no way it was a higher category than an oceanview room.

Becca .. I still disagree with your interpretation.. in order to price match to your category it cant be sold out or a higher price.

It is true you have a choice .. what you are missing is the rest of the rules.. where it clearly says you have to price match to your category, and in this case the OPs category is higher $$ than the one they want to price match to .. but not change to.

You said in another thread to just put in the comments you want to keep your cabin .. I can tell you that definetely did NOT work for me.. and I requested to keep my cabin. They changed me without asking me. I also did not check the upgrade box, but my category was sold out.

you are skipping over the rules you want to not use and just pointing to the one that says you have a choice.. you only have a choice if your category has gone down or not sold out.

Then explain to me how folks on here say they put ES Forms in on PNG's and get approved for the price drops but haven't had to give up their cabins. Unfortunately, I chalk it up to poor non-uniform training of the Carnival reps, but it makes it extremely confusing for the consumer.

Then explain to me how folks on here say they put ES Forms in on PNG's and get approved for the price drops but haven't had to give up their cabins. Unfortunately, I chalk it up to poor non-uniform training of the Carnival reps, but it makes it extremely confusing for the consumer.

There have been as many posts from customers having to give up their cabins, as those not having to give up their cabins - thus Becca's comments on consistency and training.

Carnivals ES Department's Policy on this is that you have to give up your cabin - as we see, that's inconsistently enforced so it's pretty much luck-of-the-draw as I see it.

ken

Correct...I worded it wrong. The problem I was trying to explain was that Carib1 kept saying a 4I was a higher category than a 6A and I was trying to explain that a 4I is an inside room and therefore no way it was a higher category than an oceanview room.

That's correct - ANY Inside sub-category is lower than the lowest OceanView. ken

I had a similar thing happen two weeks ago. I booked a 4J Interior with French Doors (obstructed views) on the Legend, Early Saver. A few weeks later, I saw 4J Interior with Picture Window (obstructed views) for $200 less so I submitted a PPF. DENIED once. I resubmitted. DENIED twice. I resubmitted again with a screen shot of the page on the Carnival website. DENIED once more with a note that they couldn't find a lower fare for my cabin. I asked for a phone call with an explanation. Didn't get it.

Does this mean that not all 4J's on the same date on the same sailing of the same ship are not equal?

But A OV on the Main deck is a different Category than an OV on the Veranda deck. Categories are the type of cabin and the deck, not just the cabin type.

lol

The op is comparing apples to oranges and you oranges to oranges.

Interior staterooms are cheaper than oceanview because they have no window,no matter what the deck.

An Interior on Spa deck is still cheaper than an ocean view on Riviera via carnivals booking site and i dont think they have interior suites..

Den

I had a similar thing happen two weeks ago. I booked a 4J Interior with French Doors (obstructed views) on the Legend, Early Saver. A few weeks later, I saw 4J Interior with Picture Window (obstructed views) for $200 less so I submitted a PPF. DENIED once. I resubmitted. DENIED twice. I resubmitted again with a screen shot of the page on the Carnival website. DENIED once more with a note that they couldn't find a lower fare for my cabin. I asked for a phone call with an explanation. Didn't get it.

Does this mean that not all 4J's on the same date on the same sailing of the same ship are not equal?

Yes they are. I called carnival to make sure.

I have an L shaped balcony that is an 8B,the other cabins in 8B have smaller balconies but they are still an 8B.

Similar to you 4J french door or 4J with picture window,still both 4J.

Both rooms in both categories have advantage or disadvantage depending on the cruiser view of that state room.

Den

Yes they should be the same but the french doors are 4K categories.

lol

The op is comparing apples to oranges and you oranges to oranges.

Interior staterooms are cheaper than oceanview because they have no window,no matter what the deck.

An Interior on Spa deck is still cheaper than an ocean view on Riviera via carnivals booking site and i dont think they have interior suites..

Den

Do a mock booking on the imagination for 5/21/12 ES, interior on the veranda is 855.50 but an OV on upper is only 805.50. So trying to go to the OV would be considered a downgrade because of the deck change.

When you book past guest upgrades are included but only OV to OV, INT to INT, etc the upgrade is going to a higher deck, thus changing the category or sub category.

Do a mock booking on the imagination for 5/21/12 ES, interior on the veranda is 855.50 but an OV on upper is only 805.50. So trying to go to the OV would be considered a downgrade because of the deck change.

When you book past guest upgrades are included but only OV to OV, INT to INT, etc the upgrade is going to a higher deck, thus changing the category or sub category.

On ES that would mean upgrade and OBC for me:D

?? there is no ES rates for may its long gone!

Den

?? there is no ES rates for may its long gone!

Den

Oops sorry need to get some reading glasses. I did put ES but it was PG rates i was just comparing showing that some interiors are higher priced than some oceanviews

I just did it. Its only a 4 day.

Interior on that cruise, highest category available $708 before tax

Ocean view lowest category available for OV $758 before tax

Es rates are no longer available.

:confused:

Den

The French door cabins on the Legend are Category 4K.

There are NO category 4J forward facing interior picture window walkway view cabins on the Legend or any Spirit Class ship. And there are NO 4K French Door cabins on any other class of ship that has Category 4J's.

That may explain why you were denied and denied again.

The French door cabins on the Legend are Category 4K.

There are NO category 4J forward facing interior picture window walkway view cabins on the Legend or any Spirit Class ship. And there are NO 4K French Door cabins on any other class of ship that has Category 4J's.

That may explain why you were denied and denied again.

Sorry, you missed my correction on the last page of this thread. It was:

I meant to write 4K. We have a 4J on our April (Glory) cruise.

You're right about where the 4J's and 4K's are though.

there seems to be some confusion. Legend does not have 4j with picture window obstructed views.

The ones with the french window are 4Ks, not 4Js.

You probably are in the more expensive 4K? so thats why no price match.

No, that's not it. According to the deck plan, 4204, 4205, and 4207 are listed as 4K-interior with picture window (obstructed views). And they are the same price as the 4K I booked.

OP, sorry I didn't start a new thread or remain silent. I'm really interested in hearing how you're making out :)

I feel sorry for the newbies trying to follow this thread. So much misinformation....so little substance.

So little substance? Really? If anything, the newbies are learning that Carnival Customer Service is a joke! And That Carnival apparently has no interest in thoroughly and uniformly training their staff on ES. I believe this thread is proving itself very educational.

Interior on that cruise, highest category available $708 before tax

Ocean view lowest category available for OV $758 before tax

Es rates are no longer available.

:confused:

Den

Forward interior veranda before taxes 708, forward oceanview main deck before taxes 658.

Archived