It was a Nightmare!!!

Ladies, I woke up this morning in utter terror. I was dreaming about my cruise, which won't occur for over 8 months. I had left my garment bag, with my dresses, formal and casual, and DH's suit at home. My suitcase had just a few things in it and non were recognizable to me. It was already the 3rd day of the cruise and we had missed formal night. I don't remember why though.

If I am having these dreams now, what will it be like in November.:eek:

I have a recurring dream. I board the ship, find my cabin and open my suitcase to unpack and it is totally empty! I realize I forgot to pack!!

I have been having this same dream for several cruises now. As soon as I open my suitcase and see that it is empty I wake up...thank goodness.

Marie please forgive me for laughing but I just about fell out. Ladies I believe these dreams are your sub-conscience telling you that it is ready for the vacation, with out without the clothes.... and I know that feeling.:D

Not packing dreams, but I've had travel nightmare dreams, can't get to the airport, my husband misses the ship and I'm standing at the railing yelling for them to let him on, the ship we get on is a pirate ship and not a cruise ship...and others.

Make yourself a few lists, packing, last minute items, emergency info, etc... and print them out. Use them as guides to prepare, tape the last minute list to the front door and check it before walking out. I don't know that this will relieve your nightmares, but it was therapy for me our first couple of cruises.

Don't forget to cross pack a few items, I pack formal stuff into a garment bag as well, but I do put black slacks and a dressy top for me, a nice pair of slacks and a long sleeved shirt for the husband. Just in case our garment bag decides to take a different vacation from us.

In the mean time, enjoy your funny "nightmares"! ;)

I have these types of dreams and them some when I have a cruise booked. I probably get them from reading too much CC and all the horror stories, lol. But, as horrible as these dreams may seem, I'm always kinda happy when I have them, b/c I guess I like cruising that much that nightmares about cruising is still dreams about cruising, lol. I may need to see someone about this.:p

When I was pregnant for the 1st time, I kept dreaming that I would leave my baby somewhere.....totally would forget him! It was one of those "wake up in a panic" dreams!

Of course, I never did lose my child! Just laugh about the dreams, once you realize it IS only a dream!

Our neighbors went to another state to visit his family. We got a frantic phone call from the wife. She had packed and taken her clothes, but forgot her husbands and childrens! She had been in charge of packing the car while her husband was at work. When he got home from work they jumped in the car and left. Lucky that we had a key. Went and got some clothes she had put aside but not packed and put them in suitcases and took them to the bus station.

I always have cruise nightmares. Mine involves DH missing the ship. I can by more clothes, so I don't worry about that.

• 2 weeks later...

I won't say I'm having nightmares, but I am dreaming constantly about my attire on my next cruise, which is close to a year away. I tend to start waking up off and on before the alarm clock goes off in the morning, and I'm doing something like telling my husband I will meet him at the Centrum so I can surprise him with my formal night dress...which he has seen on me, by the way. Of course, I don't anticipate it's very difficult to get it zipped by myself, but I get the job done and go down to meet him. Voila, he looks at me like it's our wedding day or something, lol.

Cruising on the brain, I think it's called...

I keep having dreams that I forget my camera. The dreams are usually different but I always forget the same thing. Out of everything that is the one thing I couldn't go without, and those cheap little disposables just wouldn't work for me after being used to mine.

Last night I had a dream that I had brought the kids clothes on our cruise and nothing for me or my DH. I kept trying to find our clothes, but they weren't there. The funny part is the kids are staying home with my mother. They aren't going anywhere!

Ladies, I woke up this morning in utter terror. I was dreaming about my cruise, which won't occur for over 8 months. I had left my garment bag, with my dresses, formal and casual, and DH's suit at home. My suitcase had just a few things in it and non were recognizable to me. It was already the 3rd day of the cruise and we had missed formal night. I don't remember why though.

If I am having these dreams now, what will it be like in November.:eek:

That happened to my parents years ago!! My uncle had to have the garment bag shipped---luckily it was only to a hotel in Miami Beach and not a ship!

Reading this thread is a great way to end the evening!

Although I haven't had any of the nightmares you've described, I can identify with some because I have already begun to chart my packing list for the B2B2B cruises totalling 48 nights that DH and I are taking next February and March on the Splendor as she repositions from Long Beach to Manhattan in the hopes I won't forget anything--and we already have been on the same itinerary for the same time three years ago so you'd think I'd know what I'm doing!!!

HAPPY CRUISING!

The nightmares have begun. Night before last, DH was no where to be found at the port and I was boarding alone. As the check in line moved, I realized that our boarding passes, and passports were in a folder at home.

Last night dreamed I went to our cabin and it was not a balcony, had twin beds that we would have to share with a woman we did not know, and college kids were using the cabin as a lounge. They were trashing the place.

OK, new packing dream/nightmare. We leave in 9 days and all I have picked out to take so far are 2 cocktail dresses. I know I won't have any problems with the other clothing, it's just too soon for me to pull all of it out of the closet, will do that this Sunday.

So, my dream was we had an hour to get ready (I'm forever saying I could be ready to go anywhere in an hour :p) but my arms wouldn't work. I could not lift them to get the clothes down! Same with my husband, we just stood at the front of our closet looking at each other. Sure enough, I woke up and was laying on my right arm and it was numb.

Archived