I think they made a mistake with my OBC

cruzinlisa

I got an email from Carnival confirming my new cabin and showing an OBC of $380, which is awesome but I am not sure if its right. I think a couple of weeks ago, before I changed my cabin, I was showing $180 OBC, which should have been $80 from a price drop and $100 promotional OBC from my FCC. Then after last week when I upgrade to a balcony, it was only showing $80 OBC :eek:. So last Thursday I replied back to the email that I got confirming my FCC from way back when asking what happened to my OBC. I got a generic response that they would look at it and get back to me. Well I just got approved for another $100 price drop so I think I should have $180 for price drops plus 100 for the FCC, which would be $280.

I don't know for sure what happened, if there had been some kind of a glitch with my FCC/promotional OBC that resolved itself and someone manually resolved it or what the story is.

I am not trying to take money that isn't mine or anything, but I am almost afraid to say anything about it, because if its a glitch that resolves itself or someone sees the error and fixes it automatically and I say something, they may fix it TWICE and then mess things up. So I don't know what to do. :confused: Should I wait a few days and see if it fixes or call them to check. Or maybe I have more credit than I realized.

same thing happened to us... both cabins and a few others we talk with... it is a glitch in their system... I do suggest calling asap and they can add it back in... when they do the upgrade/pricedrop/obc credit... its removing the FCC credit. They MIGHT ask you for the certificate# of your FCC.

Cheers!

same thing happened to us... both cabins and a few others we talk with... it is a glitch in their system... I do suggest calling asap and they can add it back in... when they do the upgrade/pricedrop/obc credit... its removing the FCC credit. They MIGHT ask you for the certificate# of your FCC.

Cheers!

If OP has $380 OBC and thinks they should have $280 .. that they added it back in manually, so its doubled .. what exactly would you have them add in now? Its already $100 more than expected.

Maybe I am not following.

Say nothing, allow it to resolve itself - if not, you might want to bring it up with Guest Services on the ship.

My OBC was wrong, I called them to tell them it was wrong, and they botched it (too high). I called back and they botched it again, but this time it was $30 short, so I decided it was close enough. I didn't want to risk having the account jostled around by numerous half-wits.

Then, on the cruise, they didn't charge me for the soda sticker, so I was a little ahead. In any other case I would make sure everything was fair and square. (This is the same reason that I keep every receipt in a notebook and watch my onboard account like a hawk.)

If OP has $380 OBC and thinks they should have $280 .. that they added it back in manually, so its doubled .. what exactly would you have them add in now? Its already $100 more than expected.

Maybe I am not following.

You are correct. I THINK when they put the OBC in they put it in twice.

Thanks Larkz- My fear is that if I call them they will fix it and it will be fixed another way and mess it up so that I lose both the amounts. I am hoping its a glitch and works it out or someone fixes it automatically. If not I will square away on board I guess.

Archived