Flight times for San Juan, making it on time

penaddict

Looking to use miles to go on the Carnival Caribbean cruise porting out of San Juan. It leaves Sunday at 10 p.m. The flight I'm looking at arrives in SJ at 3:45 p.m. It's a connecting flight through Houston.

Do you think this will be fine? Will make it to the cruise on time?

If we don't for some reason, does travel insurance protect us from this (missing the cruise)?

You should make it, if there aren't any delays. Better idea would be to fly in the day before. Has Canival told you an all aboard time- which will be as much as 2 hours prior to sailaway time?

Travel insurance doesn't cover you if you make inappropriate flight times.

If everything goes well, you should make it. However, why take the chance, especially with a connection. Safer to take the earliest flight of the day and drop off your luggage earlier in the day and then spend time exploring San Juan. You can email the cruise line to find out the earliest time you can drop off your luggage.

The majority of times you will make it, but every once in a while a flight is cancelled or leaves so late you miss the connection. Personally, I would fly in a day early and either leave my luggage with the bellman at the hotel or drop your luggage at the ship and then enjoy the day exploring.

Of all of the Embarkation Ports that I have been to, San Juan is the one that is the Best to fly in early. There is so much to do in San Juan, that arriving at 4 in the Afternoon for a sailing that night is a waste of a good time.

Whenever we go, we plan at least a day early and two or three after the cruise.

On the cruises that we have taken that visit SJ as a port rather than embarkation, we hate that the ships usually have a time like 2pm to 10PM. Old San Juan is great and it would be a shame to arrive late.

Archived