What to do with 11 and 9 year old after kids club close at 10PM?

Boaring Allure on the 25th and I was just wondering what is there available to do with the kids after the kids club close at 10PM? Are the pools and hot tubs still open if they don't feel like going to bed right away? Is the ice skating rink or anything else open late for us to all do together? Thanks!

Boaring Allure on the 25th and I was just wondering what is there available to do with the kids after the kids club close at 10PM? Are the pools and hot tubs still open if they don't feel like going to bed right away? Is the ice skating rink or anything else open late for us to all do together? Thanks!

Kids club is open after 10pm, but there is an hourly charge, seem to remember $5 an hour, until 1am

My kids are always ready for bed. They are exhausted after a busy day, they do usually stay at the kids club for one of the night after 10pm but don't last long. I am sure there will be things you can go to after 10pm with kids as there was on Freedom when we were on her.

My kids are always ready for bed. They are exhausted after a busy day, they do usually stay at the kids club for one of the night after 10pm but don't last long. I am sure there will be things you can go to after 10pm with kids as there was on Freedom when we were on her.

.....mine too......:)

Pools and hot tubs are open 24 hours. However, your kids will likely be ready to crash.

....on our recent FOS cruise the pools were drained and netting put over so you could not use the pools after 10 p.m. Also the water park was also dry. They clean and refill the pools most nights. Plus I would suspect RCCL would not want a bunch of unsupervised teens running wild in the pools. Too big a chance of accidents. If the kids are running all day in the sun I agree with you mcruiser kids will want too crash.

Thanks everybody. I had called RC yesterday and asked if the clubs stay open after 10 for an extra charge and she told me no that they only offer babysitting in the rooms only after 10. :confused: We have cruised on a couple of Disney's ships (both Magic and Dream) and the kids clubs stay open until 2 AM and my kids were still not ready to leave then!!! I am glad to hear that the pools too are still open so we can take them for night swims.

Agree with all those that mention "BEDTIME!!!!"

We picked up my 11 yr old son from AO, then took him down to Serrentos for some pizza. The Promanade was active. We all got something to eat. After that, we would go to our cabin. Sometimes, it was fun to get back to the cabin, shower, etc and order room service off the TV.

When there are port days, everyone is pretty much exhausted!

Even ship days, there is running around the pool, etc.

Thanks everybody. I had called RC yesterday and asked if the clubs stay open after 10 for an extra charge and she told me no that they only offer babysitting in the rooms only after 10. :confused:

That information is just wrong....... Here's a link to the RCI website that clearly shows the after hours program is available for kids up to 11 for a charge.. (12 and up also have late night programs, but that varies.)

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/category.do?pagename=onboard_cat_kids_teens_and_families

In addition, I experienced this first hand on my cruises. My son BEGGED to stay later every night to play gaga ball. (Other kids would just be chilling or watching a movie.)

Thanks everybody. I had called RC yesterday and asked if the clubs stay open after 10 for an extra charge and she told me no that they only offer babysitting in the rooms only after 10. :confused: We have cruised on a couple of Disney's ships (both Magic and Dream) and the kids clubs stay open until 2 AM and my kids were still not ready to leave then!!! I am glad to hear that the pools too are still open so we can take them for night swims.

Well this was not what I wanted to hear. My kids LOVE DCL, I guess there will be a party on our Aft balcony come 10:00pm :cool:

cruiselover- Whomever you spoke with at RCI was wrong.(many times those folks don't know the correct answer.) The Adventure Ocean is open at $6 per hour per child until 1 AM. We used this two weels ago on Mariner.

....on our recent FOS cruise the pools were drained and netting put over so you could not use the pools after 10 p.m. Also the water park was also dry. They clean and refill the pools most nights. Plus I would suspect RCCL would not want a bunch of unsupervised teens running wild in the pools. Too big a chance of accidents. If the kids are running all day in the sun I agree with you mcruiser kids will want too crash.

I've never been on FOS, but on all the voyager class ships I have been on there was always at least one pool and one hot tub open 24 hours. DH always talked about a late night swim, but we were always too tired to do it.

I've never been on FOS, but on all the voyager class ships I have been on there was always at least one pool and one hot tub open 24 hours. DH always talked about a late night swim, but we were always too tired to do it.

I somehow think to recall the hottubs are for adults only anyway.

I somehow think to recall the hottubs are for adults only anyway.

Yes the kids were roped off. The adult only were still filled but the middle pools as well as the kids section was dry. Maybe they were cleaning or repairing but I don't know but I was refering to the pools that kids can access. Anyhow...I still believe it would behoove a child to get a good nights sleep to avoid the Disney meltdown you see often in the parks about 3:30 p.m. when some are a little bit "cranky"....:eek:

Archived