Easy questions

tigerwilf

Can anyone tell me do you get breakfast on the day you leave the ship or are you rushed off early. Also do most people carry there luggage on and off the ship or check it in before boarding have heard stories of damaged bags. Going on ecstasy

Yes, before you leave the ship you have the opportunity to eat the lido breakfast same as every other day on board. The only thing I have a hard time with is when you are on your way home and you stop and and have to pay for something to eat. Kid of get used to those free meals. Good Luck

Yep, breakfast is offered both in the dining room, and on Lido. Dining room breakfast, however, runs quite early, so if you wish to lounge a bit before disembarking, you might want to do the Lido breakfast. There is always a BIG bunch of folks who wish to carry their own luggage off the ship, but it's much easier, especially if you're in no hurry, to put it out the evening before, and pick it up on the pier. Boarding, on the other hand, you MUST check your large luggage, as anything you carry aboard must be small enough to fit through the x-ray machines. (Airline carry-on size)

Have a GREAT time, and tell us all about it when you return.

"SKY"

Yes, before you leave the ship you have the opportunity to eat the lido breakfast same as every other day on board. The only thing I have a hard time with is when you are on your way home and you stop and and have to pay for something to eat. Kid of get used to those free meals. Good Luck

That's when you really know it's over.:(

Breakfast will be available in the MDR and at the Lido buffet....you will not be rushed off.

We always check our luggage when we get to the port. It will arrive at your cabin before dinner.

lol I guess it depends on your definition of rushed off. I have had a cabin steward come knock on my door to make sure I clear my cabin by 9 am.

If you are not a really early morning person .. this feels like being rushed off at the crack of dawn to me.

OP I now carry on one carry on size and carry it off, plus a backpack usually. If I fly, just the one carry on size.

If you have a larger bag you have to check to to board the ship.

We eat breakfast then actually try to get off the ship as soon as possible to start the next phase of our vacation. We usually end up driving to Florida and spending a day or two in Pensacola on the beach.

The next phase of my vacation will be heading home.....................20-25 minutes away from port! :mad:

Yep, breakfast is offered both in the dining room, and on Lido. Dining room breakfast, however, runs quite early, so if you wish to lounge a bit before disembarking, you might want to do the Lido breakfast.

Not sure what this means: Dining room breakfast...runs quite early. We lounge over breakfast *in* the dining room. :)

No rush in the morning. Our last cruise was ideal. We had the last zone to debark since our flight home wasn't until 3 PM so we didn't get off the ship until 9:30 or so. Both MDR & Lido will be serving breakfast. As far as luggage goes, we always check it in when we arrive to the ship. And for debarkation, we leave it out the night before and collect our luggage the next day at the cruise terminal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If traveling with kids I would put my luggage out the night before. Getting off the ship with luggage is hard because so many people are in a hurry to get off to make flights or start a long drive home. We find it easier to just pick the bags up at the terminal. It drives me nuts that some people are so oblivious of others that they go racing through the halls dragging luggage, bags, purses etc.. and they can hardly manage the load. On our last cruise some woman with several kids knocked into me and left a bruise on my leg with her bad. She was distracted by her toddler and not paying attention. She would have done better to check the bag.

Do remember if you put your luggage out the night before to save clothes for the next morning. ;)

Our last cruise we remembered to do this, but the weather when we got to port was VERY different than the forecast we had seen when in Key West 5 days prior.... DH was very cold in his shorts as it was in the 40's when we arrived as opposed to the forecasted 70's... LOL!

Thanks everyone planing going to Dayton that day before we finish holiday in Orlando so don't want to hang about to long but breakfast before we leave will me nice.

FYI, Dayton is in Ohio, Daytona (actually Daytona Beach) is in Florida! ;) If you need any info on Daytona Beach, I live only 30 minutes from there. Dayton, Ohio, I know nothing about! :D

OUT TO SEA, sorry I did mean Daytona. I know we have misses bike week but my husband is a big Harley fan do they have another bike events or drag racing April 24th - May 8th thanks.

Bike week is HECTIC. Be glad you're missing it (in a way) although at least they had good weather this year. They do have several stores in the area, the biggest being Daytona Destination at exit 273 right off I-95 (about 15 miles north of Daytona Beach in Ormond Beach). There is nothing going on at Daytona Speedway during that time but some of the local tracks may having racing at that time (stock or dirt). i don't know of any drag racing in the area. Next big race is the Coke (Coke Zero, Pepsi, Firecracker) 400 over 4th of July weekend. Next big bike fest is Biketoberfest at the end of September/beginning of October.

Archived