Replacement for the Monarch

Except for Disney's new ship, the Dream, which does 3/4 day cruises out of PC, and is state-of-the-art;)

You're correct. Forgot about Disney, probably because their prices are so out of line when compared to the other 3/4 cruises from PC. Not saying Dream or Magic aren't a great experience, but they are more than double the price for a short 3-4 day getaway. Dan

When I lived in Orlando, you could leave work Friday at noon, be on the ship by 2:00. on Monday you could be to work by 9:30. no need for any time off

We do just that 2-3 times a year, except with laptops and tablets, we leave the house around 9:30, are on the ship before noon, grab lunch at the WJ and find a quiet spot on the pool deck to do work until the muster drill:cool:
Oh man, I'm so jealous of that. I would probably be on a cruise once a month if I had that option. It may be time to start pushing the wife again for a Florida move!:)

It looks like it won't be the Navigator, somebody posted her summer 2013 Europe schedule.

Well I just did a search of the Navigator or RCCL website and came up with nothing. Navigators sailing have not been released past March 2013

Well I just did a search of the Navigator or RCCL website and came up with nothing. Navigators sailing have not been released past March 2013

Posted earlier-

Region Group Status Nights Brand Ship Depart. Port Dining Avail. Gap Pts. *Prices Starting From(USD) Action

06 Apr 2013 Transatlantic C 15 RCI Navigator Of The Seas MSY view 0 N/A — XAL

21 Apr 2013 Europe East C 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas ROM view 0 N/A — EUE

28 Apr 2013 Europe East C 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas ROM view 0 N/A — EUE

05 May 2013 Europe East C 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas ROM view 0 N/A — EUE

12 May 2013 Europe East C 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas ROM view 0 N/A — EUE

19 May 2013 Eastern Mediterranean C 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas ROM view 0 N/A — EME

26 May 2013 Eastern Mediterranean C 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas ROM view 0 N/A — EME

02 Jun 2013 Eastern Mediterranean C 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas ROM view 0 N/A — EME

09 Jun 2013 Eastern Mediterranean C 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas ROM view 0 N/A — EME

16 Jun 2013 Eastern Mediterranean C 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas ROM view 0 N/A — EME

23 Jun 2013 Eastern Mediterranean C 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas ROM view 0 N/A — EME

30 Jun 2013 Eastern Mediterranean C 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas ROM view 0 N/A — EME

07 Jul 2013 Eastern Mediterranean C 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas ROM view 0 N/A — EME

14 Jul 2013 Eastern Mediterranean C 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas ROM view 0 N/A — EME

21 Jul 2013 Eastern Mediterranean C 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas ROM view 0 N/A — EME

28 Jul 2013 Eastern Mediterranean C 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas ROM view 0 N/A — EME

04 Aug 2013 Eastern Mediterranean C 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas ROM view 0 N/A — EME

11 Aug 2013 Eastern Mediterranean C 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas ROM view 0 N/A — EME

18 Aug 2013 Eastern Mediterranean C 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas ROM view 0 N/A — EME

25 Aug 2013 Eastern Mediterranean C 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas ROM view 0 N/A — EME

01 Sep 2013 Eastern Mediterranean C 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas ROM view 0 N/A — EME

08 Sep 2013 Eastern Mediterranean C 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas ROM view 0 N/A — EME

15 Sep 2013 Europe East C 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas ROM view 0 N/A — EUE

29 Sep 2013 Europe East C 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas ROM view 0 N/A — EUE

06 Oct 2013 Europe East C 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas ROM view 0 N/A — EUE

13 Oct 2013 Europe East C 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas ROM view 0 N/A — EUE

20 Oct 2013 Europe East C 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas ROM view 0 N/A — EUE

27 Oct 2013 Eastern Mediterranean C 7 RCI Navigator Of The Seas ROM view 0 N/A — EME

03 Nov 2013 Cruise To No Where Slgs C 28 RCI Navigator Of The Seas ROM view 0 N/A — NWS

01 Dec 2013 Transatlantic C 12 RCI Navigator Of The Seas BCN view

Originally Posted by freedom1114

We had the pleasure of speaking with Mario (most of you know/have heard of Mario) onboard a last minute cruise last week.

He says according to Richard Fain, with Bayonnes future in question, the tentative plan is to replace the Enchantment in Baltimore with a Radiance class ship year round doing long Caribbean cruise/short Bermuda cruises and the revitalized Splendour of the Seas relocating to Baltomore to sail 6/8 night Bermuda/Canada cruises.

The Explorer would relocate to the Austrailian/Asian market with a drawn out series of repositioning sailings.

The Enchantment would then resume Monarchs Bahamas cruises shortly after her departure.

I guess Mario knows whats going on.

http://www.answeritroyally.com/blog/?p=3877

Just called C&A. The Navigator is ending her 2013 transatlantic in Port Canaveral. They said they are not yet supposed to release that information, however, because it is still tentative.

That would leave almost a year gap in Port Canaveral. Time will tell....

Just called C&A. The Navigator is ending her 2013 transatlantic in Port Canaveral. They said they are not yet supposed to release that information, however, because it is still tentative.

That would leave almost a year gap in Port Canaveral. Time will tell....

Unfortunatly that would not leave a year gap. Monarch leaves in 04/2013 and Navigator comes at 11/2013

Wow that is interesting. I now have 2 theries to trow out to the masses of people

1. The Enchantment is still comming to PC but for only until the Navigator comes back in late 2013.

2. The Enchantment still comes to PC full time and the Navigator could be the 3rd ship in PC doing 6/8 day itineraries.

• 3 weeks later...

What a piece of junk. I literally just got off the boat this morning. Staff is great, boat and four times never stopping at CocoCay, i'm going with Norwegian next year instead. Goodbye to disgusting slimy shower curtains. YUK!

Unfortunatly that would not leave a year gap. Monarch leaves in 04/2013 and Navigator comes at 11/2013

Wow that is interesting. I now have 2 theries to trow out to the masses of people

1. The Enchantment is still comming to PC but for only until the Navigator comes back in late 2013.

2. The Enchantment still comes to PC full time and the Navigator could be the 3rd ship in PC doing 6/8 day itineraries.

They would have room when Carnival moves to the new terminal, also Mariner is doing a "turn around" in the Key West basin tomorrow, to see if it can handle a Voyager class ship with no problems, could mean something

• 5 months later...
AAAWWWW... She was our first cruise back in the early 90's! Southern Caribbean, sweet, sweet memories!:rolleyes: She's responsible for my cruise addiction!;)

I sailed the Monarch of the Seas on September 17, 2012...I have a friend that works aboard that ship... He was telling me that ending of March 2013 will be the last sailing of Monarch...the ship that will be replacing Monarch will be enchantment of the seas...and this ship will start sailing out of port canaveral as of May 2013...

Last sailing for Monarch of the Seas is a 3 night sailing on March 29th 2013... I am going to be booking this cruise...do u think that something special will be done on this cruise, being as it is her last sailing out of Port Canaveral?

There probably will be some special events/mementos/etc. on the last cruise. We talked with the hotel director last month and he alluded to wanting to make the last cruise memorable.

We were on the Majesty this weekend and they did say Enchantment was replacing the Monarch and next out will be the Majesty (no replacement mentioned yet rumored Navigator).

Yes, my daughter and i left work at 12:30 then parked and was on board checked in, dropped off our carryon and was in windjammer by 1:20. (we could have worked a full day but we had to eat. lol Some Mondays off the Majesty (5 x sailing her) we've made it to the office as early as 8 am. I find arriving near 1 is the best time regardless of the ship.

He says according to Richard Fain, with Bayonnes future in question.

We were on the Explorer a couple of weeks ago. We were told the contract with Bayonne has been extended for another year. While that does not mean Explorer will be on that route, something will still be there, at least for another year. But short-term extensions mean the long-term is uncertain.

Bayonne is a dump, and I have been in some 3rd world cruise terminals that are better than that place. I think the port authority needs to consider putting some money into the place rather than using warehouses, tents, and buses if they want to secure a future for cruise ships.

I'm thinking that since the Enchantment is going to Port Canaveral to replace the Monarch, and the Grandeur is going to Baltimore to replace the Enchantment, then perhaps the Monarch is going to Panama/Cartagena to replace the Grandeur, but just under the Pullmantur name.

So in reality, it may just have been a switcharoo with these three ships without leaving any gaps in servicing any particular port of debarkation.

I'm thinking that since the Enchantment is going to Port Canaveral to replace the Monarch, and the Grandeur is going to Baltimore to replace the Enchantment, then perhaps the Monarch is going to Panama/Cartagena to replace the Grandeur, but just under the Pullmantur name.

So in reality, it may just have been a switcharoo with these three ships without leaving any gaps in servicing any particular port of debarkation.

Last I heard, Monarch was going to do Southern Caribbean cruises for Pullmantur, based out of Curacao.

Archived