Where does Marina dock in Venice? How to get to St. Marks Square?

shoreboy

When we docked in Venice last September, I think we were at dock 17.

From there its a fairly short walk to the Alilaguna which you can take to St Marks Square. About a 10 minute walk to the Aillaguna and about a 15 ride once it leaves. http://www.alilaguna.it/

Its also a fairly short walk from the pier to Piazzale Roma (with or without using the People Mover). From there you can take a Vaporetto to St Marks via the Grand Canal or, if your are more adventurous, you can walk through the maze that is Venice to St Marks, about a 30 minute walk. You can plot it out using google maps.

Venice is wonderful. Enjoy.

Need to know where Marina docks in Venice as well as how to get to St. Marks Square and how long does it take.

Thanks

We used the Alilaguna like a 'hop on hop off' during our 4 day stay(bought a pass). We noticed street signs with arrows indicating the way to StMarks, but we relied on a good street map of the city. If you intend to visit the D.Palace or other popular sites I strongly suggest you book your entrance tickets on line....there were long lineups for most sites. Also, if you are staying a few nites most Hotels offer a free taxiboat ride to Murano & from there you can use the Alilaguna to Burano then back to Venice. We stayed on the Canal near P.Roma at the Hotel Canal Grande: hotelcanalgrande.it (ranked #4 on TripAdvisor) DIY city, no need to book expensive tours!

We used the Alilaguna like a 'hop on hop off' during our 4 day stay(bought a pass). We noticed street signs with arrows indicating the way to StMarks, but we relied on a good street map of the city. If you intend to visit the D.Palace or other popular sites I strongly suggest you book your entrance tickets on line....there were long lineups for most sites. Also, if you are staying a few nites most Hotels offer a free taxiboat ride to Murano & from there you can use the Alilaguna to Burano then back to Venice. We stayed on the Canal near P.Roma at the Hotel Canal Grande: hotelcanalgrande.it (ranked #4 on TripAdvisor) DIY city, no need to book expensive tours!

I think you mean Vaporetto instead of alilaguna. Vaporettos are the public buses. Alilaguna is a private bus line with more limited routes.

I think you mean Vaporetto instead of alilaguna. Vaporettos are the public buses. Alilaguna is a private bus line with more limited routes.

The Alliguna can also be used as a "hop on hop off" also. Check out their website that I posted earlier on this thread.

They have a set schedule and you can buy a multi day pass (2 or 3 days) which will let you use any of their lines. They are usually less crowded than the Vaporetto as well. The Alilaguna station at the cruise ship terminal is much closer to where the Marina docks than the Vaporetto stop in Piazzale Roma . Its also quicker from the terminal o St Marks via Alilaguna if you're trying to make a tour.

Map showing all lines and stops and location of cruise ship terminal station:

http://www.alilaguna.it/en/lines/lines-map

http://www.alilaguna.it/

Archived