Anyone use Barcelona Day Tours?

Just tell them when the ship is scheduled to dock, they will know when non-cruise line debarkation is roughly. They will meet you right outside the terminal.

No idea what you mean by walk Las Ramblas. Thousands do each day, its a shopping street

My ship docks at 8AM, what time should I have Barcelona Day Tour pick us up?

What is involved with getting from the ship to the pick up point?

Anyone walk La Rambla? what time of day? How much time?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When others have pre-booked tours with this company, did they require you to pay some form of deposit? The online confirmation form they sent me requires CC info as well as an amount you wish to pre-pay. I put $0, and they sent me a response saying I needed to fill this out. How was this handled for your tours?

I seem to recall them asking for a small deposit, refundable up to 72? hours prior.

When others have pre-booked tours with this company, did they require you to pay some form of deposit? The online confirmation form they sent me requires CC info as well as an amount you wish to pre-pay. I put $0, and they sent me a response saying I needed to fill this out. How was this handled for your tours?

• 1 month later...
I seem to recall them asking for a small deposit, refundable up to 72? hours prior.

I emailed them about the montserrat/cava tour for a roll call group - and asked about payment - they responded that each person could pay individually and only a 1 euro deposit was required! :)

• 4 weeks later...

We just returned from a Western Med Cruise on the Eurodam, and we had the pleasure of experiencing a semi-private half-day tour of Barcelona booked with Barcelona Day Tours.

I was the 'tour organizer', having posted the information and enlisted another 10 people to join us. We had an excellent guide, Marc, who was very knowledgeable about Barcelona and its history, and provided us with insight from a Catalunyan point of view. One of our 'musts' was a visit inside the Sagrada Familia, which we paid for in advance.

Our group ended up being 14, and we had the use of a large tour bus, so everyone had their own seat - no crowding. The smaller group size made waiting times minimal. The longest delay was picking up the pre-paid tickets at La Sagrada Familia, but the visit inside the Church was worth the wait.

The booking process was smooth and efficient, and I can certainly recommend Barcelona Daily Tours for the quality of the guide and driver. Both were excellent, and we all enjoyed our afternoon on this tour.

• 4 weeks later...
We are arriving from PHL July 2. Anyone interested in half a day tour from the airport?

The place to look for tour sharing is your roll call. You don't say which cruise you are on but roll calls can be found here.

First find your cruise line and ship then look through the list until you find your cruise. If there is definitely no roll call for your cruise you can start one.

We just returned from a Western Med Cruise on the Eurodam, and we had the pleasure of experiencing a semi-private half-day tour of Barcelona booked with Barcelona Day Tours.

I was the 'tour organizer', having posted the information and enlisted another 10 people to join us. We had an excellent guide, Marc, who was very knowledgeable about Barcelona and its history, and provided us with insight from a Catalunyan point of view. One of our 'musts' was a visit inside the Sagrada Familia, which we paid for in advance.

Our group ended up being 14, and we had the use of a large tour bus, so everyone had their own seat - no crowding. The smaller group size made waiting times minimal. The longest delay was picking up the pre-paid tickets at La Sagrada Familia, but the visit inside the Church was worth the wait.

The booking process was smooth and efficient, and I can certainly recommend Barcelona Daily Tours for the quality of the guide and driver. Both were excellent, and we all enjoyed our afternoon on this tour.

We are looking to use them for transfers to hotel /port and do a 1/2 day tour. My question would be about the tickets to La Sagrada Familia. They didn't mention anything about tickets...do we have to do this prior to trip and how long does this take out of the tour. Thanks!

My girlfriend and I used Barcelona Day Tours' date=' this past April, for a lovely full day tour of Barcelona and Montserrat. Everything was timely, the vehicle was modern and comfortable. the driver very professional, and our very knowledgeable and friendly guide, Christian, was great. We also enjoyed the Flamenco at the Tablao Cordobes, which they also recommended, and we saved a Euro or two by booking with them. I was also impressed upon receiving a call in our hotel from one of their representatives to confirm the meeting place for our tour, which was by the Hard Rock Cafe. It was just a few blocks from our hotel, about a five minute walk. I would highly recommend this company.[/quote']

So, where is the Hard Rock Cafe?

I found it! Thanks anyway! Does anyone know their prices? Comparable to the U.S.?

Edited by NitaBcruising

Hello: We are doing back-to-back cruises in November on Navigator of the Seas. We will have a day in Barcelona at the end of the first cruise and starting the second cruise. We have booked Barcelona Day Tours for their Barcelona and Montessrat tour. Our ship shows it docks at 6 am and leaves at 5 pm. We have stressed to Barcelona Day Tours we must be back to the dock by 3 pm. My question is how long will it take us to get our new set sail passes from the ship and then actually get off the ship? The tour company will be at the dock at 8 am. We will be staying in the same cabins for both cruises, so no packing. Will there be any immigration agents or steps we need to go thru getting off the ship and then getting back on?

Thank you for your help.

Margee

We are just back from Barcelona and unfortunately did not have the best experience. Nohim (excuse the spelling) was our guide. He was knowledgeable, and his English was understandable. He did not talk that much unless we specifically asked questions. At Montserat our time was not managed very well. There was a mass going on, and he separated himself from us, so we could not get his attention when leaving. Again at lunch he sat with another guide, a friend, and we had to wait for him. The other couple wanted to see the Black Madonna, so there went another 2 hours. Again, he was outside.

I was more interested in the Cava part of the day. He took us to the "winery" with nothing going on, probably a friend. I had specifically asked about the Friexenet tour, which they said was included. He argued that the office told him to go to this winery! After much discussion, we back tracked to Friexenet, where we missed 1/2 of the tour, which was the last tour of the day. During the tasting we talked with another group from Barcelona Day Tours, and they said they had no problems, they went right to Friexenet.

Sometimes things happen, but this was not a great way to end the cruise.

We just got back from Europe and had a fantastic tour experience with this group! Our guide was young, energetic, VERY knowledgeable, and very organized. Our trip to Montserrat was terrific, again he kept up a running commentary and we saw everything we were able to see (including a wedding, a pleasant surprise)! This young man was so enthusiastic that he made Barcelona come alive for us, so much so that we would love to return to that city! It's certainly all about the guide, yes? His name? Of course I can't remember, I think it was Mikkelo(sp?)......

• 2 weeks later...

We had a wonderful experience with Barcelona Day Tours. Our guide, Christian Aguilera, was friendly and extremely knowledgeable. We were picked up promptly in a large and comfortable minivan/bus. We toured the city and made a trip to Montserrat. We saw Parc Guell, Sagrida Familla, and many other landmarks. Christian's commentary really brought the city to life for us. He also made a point of spending time with each person individually to see if we had additional questions. It was an awesome day and I can recommend this tour company without reservation.

• 1 month later...

We are just back from the Equinox on 9/2...we used Barcelona Day Tours on our day of arrival and went on a 1/2 day tour with our guide Amando, he was excellent, the tour was so great he picked us up at the airport, toured for 5 hours then dropped us of at our hotel. The next day he picked us up at our hotel and transferred us to the ship. He was so good that we hired him to take us to the airport after our cruise. We highly recommend this company for your stay in Barcelona.

Just catching up on this thread. Be sure to politely let the company know of your concerns. They contract with different drivers so a concise review can help them direct business to the better ones..

We are just back from Barcelona and unfortunately did not have the best experience. Nohim (excuse the spelling) was our guide. He was knowledgeable, and his English was understandable. He did not talk that much unless we specifically asked questions. At Montserat our time was not managed very well. There was a mass going on, and he separated himself from us, so we could not get his attention when leaving. Again at lunch he sat with another guide, a friend, and we had to wait for him. The other couple wanted to see the Black Madonna, so there went another 2 hours. Again, he was outside.

I was more interested in the Cava part of the day. He took us to the "winery" with nothing going on, probably a friend. I had specifically asked about the Friexenet tour, which they said was included. He argued that the office told him to go to this winery! After much discussion, we back tracked to Friexenet, where we missed 1/2 of the tour, which was the last tour of the day. During the tasting we talked with another group from Barcelona Day Tours, and they said they had no problems, they went right to Friexenet.

Sometimes things happen, but this was not a great way to end the cruise.

can you tell me how much this was? thanks.

We are just back from the Equinox on 9/2...we used Barcelona Day Tours on our day of arrival and went on a 1/2 day tour with our guide Amando, he was excellent, the tour was so great he picked us up at the airport, toured for 5 hours then dropped us of at our hotel. The next day he picked us up at our hotel and transferred us to the ship. He was so good that we hired him to take us to the airport after our cruise. We highly recommend this company for your stay in Barcelona.

We just got back from Europe and had a fantastic tour experience with this group! Our guide was young, energetic, VERY knowledgeable, and very organized. Our trip to Montserrat was terrific, again he kept up a running commentary and we saw everything we were able to see (including a wedding, a pleasant surprise)! This young man was so enthusiastic that he made Barcelona come alive for us, so much so that we would love to return to that city! It's certainly all about the guide, yes? His name? Of course I can't remember, I think it was Mikkelo(sp?)......

I finally remembered our guide's name -- Christian Aguilera (how could I forget that...). He claimed to be a cousin, of course!! He was terrific, I would ask for him again if I could!

I am booked with Barcelona Day Tours after our cruise in 2 weeks. We are doing the half day highlights tour. If you have done this can you please tell me, do you go into Sagrida Familla or just view the outside.

I am trying to decide if I need to buy tickets and go inside later or the next day, I really want to go in.

Thank you.

Mark