Anyone use Barcelona Day Tours?

The company will group others with you. I am not sure about the pick up from the airport. It would almost have to be people on the same plane with you. Just ask them. If something can be worked out, they will do it!

Do you know the price for 1/2 day from airport to hotel for just two people?

I really don't know the price for the airport pick up and the 1/2 day tour. The airport is a hike from the main attractions. We were taken back to the airport by them and I believe it was 59 Euros for the 2 of us. Just ask them. They respond quickly.

Hey guys! When I did a shore excursion in Barcelona I went with Barceolona Experience. Their owner, Gaston, was wonderful. Professional, friendly and he spoke perfect English (he lived in the US for a long time). I did a bike tour with him from the ship to the city and it was excellent. They do day tours as well. I highly recommend him.

• 2 weeks later...
We are going on the full day montserrat/cava tour June 11, 2013. We are

sailing on the Legend June 8th out of Rome. We have room on our tour

if anyone is interested. No deposit was required. Contact them directly.

www.BarcelonaDayTours.com They have great reviews! ;)

We just completed a Transatlantic and used Barcelona Day Tours for the full day Barcelona/Monsterrat tour. Can't say enough about how pleased we were with them. Picked us up off the ship, stored our luggage and delivered us to our hotel (Princess Sofia) when we were done. The guide and driver were excellent - very respectful and sincere. I recommend them completely and will use their service when we go back.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

we just used Barcelona Day tours to see Monserrat and Barcelona after our Oceania Cruise on the Riviera that ended on June 1. We were the organizers and the plan was to have a one day tour and the be dropped off at our respective hotels. Worked great!

Our guide was Marta( sorry I think she actually said Marda) and she was fabulous. Just a perfect amount of information and she was very knowledgeable and passionate about her city. She made me want to come back in 2026 to see the Familia Church completely opened. I found her personal insights into her culture captivating and I wanted to know more about these fiery and industrious people.

I would highly recommend this group. The driver was wonderful and we all got to our hotels with people and baggage intact and comfortable.

Reasonably priced as well. We paid for the tour and transport to our hotel what we paid for just a cab to our hotel last time.

Just back from our cruise of Spain and Portugal.

In Barcelona we took the Barcelona Highlights Tour and the Montserrat tour (Picked up at our hotel and delivered us to our cruise ship)

We also used Spain Day Tours (same company) for a tour of Seville from Cadiz.

All three tours were excellent and would use them again without hesitation,

• 2 weeks later...

We used them for our Montserrat tour and airport transfer during our post cruise stay back in May. They were very professional and courteous.

We also used easeetrip.com for a tour into Collioure,France along the coast and some medieval towns of Pals, Tossa de Mare and Peratallada Spain.

Both companies were great but we needed someone to take us out of the city to France and easeetrip took care of that.

Our cruise of the Mediterranean was wonderful and could not have had a better way to start our cruise than our day with Barcelona Day Tours. Our ½ day tour was well planned and perfectly arranged to give us a wonderful tour of all the highlights of Barcelona then delivering us to our ship giving us the afternoon to settle in.

I am sorry I cannot remember our guides name, but she was delightful, considerate of our needs and one of the most knowledgeable guides we encountered on our whole trip.

I would encourage anyone traveling to Barcelona for the first time to take a whole day tour with Barcelona Day Tour, we wish we had more time…

Would you recommend using them for a half day tour to the gaudi and other basic sites rather than doing it on our own with the hoho bus?

Hey Irina! Just read through some of the comments on here about Barcelona Day Tours. My private experience with Gaston at Barcelona Experience (http://www.barcelonaexperience.com/shore/private/driving) was pretty incredible. He is a US-born guide who lives in Barcelona with his family.

His prices are better than the competition (I researched it) and he knows so much about the city and its history.

I can't say enough about how pleased I was with his service. The best part is, instead of driving and talking at the same time, he has a personal drive so that he can sit with you during the tour, answer your questions and help you enjoy the city.

We have just returned from a Princess cruise beginning in Barcelona and used Barcelona Day Tours for a half day tour before boarding the ship. They picked us up at the hotel on time and picked up others at another hotel. We were given an excellent tour had a great guide. After the tour, we were delivered to the port to board our cruise. Cannot say anything negative about this company. All correspondence was timely and correct. I highly recommend them for tours of Barcelona.

• 3 weeks later...

We booked a tour with them for early July. There was word of a taxi strike on the day of our tour and they went to great lengths to make sure we were aware of the situation and how they were making changes to ensure our safety. Luckily, because we booked with them we were able to get picked up at out hotel with our bags, do our tour and get dropped off at the cruise ship we were embarking on. The trip to Montserrat was amazing as well. The views spectacular, the church gorgeous, and the art gallery was spectacular. I would recommend a full day tour if possible as it is hard to fit it all in if you enjoy art and want to spend time in the gallery. Great tour with a very professional company. Thanks Barcelona Day Tours, we will meet again.

We used them a couple years ago for the Montserrat/Cava Tour. When we met them at the meeting place we were informed that they had somehow overbooked the bus for that day and asked if anyone would be willing to do the tour another day. We volunteered because we didn't have anything planned for the next day.

The person in charge asked us to stay after the tour left. He told us he would like it very much if we would meet him at the same place at 1:00 p.m. and he would take us to a very nice restaurant for lunch as a thank you for volunteering to come another day. We took him up on it and had a very, very good lunch with wine. He brought his wife and daughter along with him.

Our tour the next day did seem quite rushed - we had practically no time on our own at Montserrat and hurried into the church to hear the Boys Choir but I think we did see everything. The tour of the winery was fantastic. We still talk about the thousands of bottles of wine stored underground.

We're going back to Barcelona again next fall and will use Barcelona Day Tours again.

• 2 weeks later...

We booked a Barcelona City/Monserrat tour at the end of our cruise on Celebrity's Equinox. The company put us with 8 others and provided a comfortable van, driver and witty, interesting guide (Josef) for this full day tour. They met us at the port as soon as we got off the ship and delivered us to our hotel after the tour. Our luggage went with us and was kept secure. It was an efficient and convenient way to make the most of our time in Barcelona.

Edited by acrossthepond

Are they really this slow in responding to email quote request? I sent an email last Thursday and as of today they still haven't responded. :confused: I would really like to hire them based on reviews here but they're not making a good first impression because of this. :(

Are they really this slow in responding to email quote request? I sent an email last Thursday and as of today they still haven't responded. :confused: I would really like to hire them based on reviews here but they're not making a good first impression because of this. :(

We are using them for a private shore excursion this fall that I have set up. I've probably sent them a zillion emails over the past half year, and they have always responded very promptly (same day, next day, apologies if a day later, that sort of thing). It sounds to me like your email has gone astray (or maybe because it's August and everyone in Europe is on vacation :) ).

I would suggest sending another email, perhaps from a different email account if you have one.

Good luck!

You might try emailing them again. I've set up 2 tours with them after our TA in April 2015. They were very prompt in answering all my emails & all of my questions. Usually within 24 hours or less.

Edited by kftw

Are they really this slow in responding to email quote request? :(

I filled out their online form yesterday for their Montserrat & Wine-Country Tour hoping to be able to book it the day our Oasis of the Seas trans-Atlantic arrives in Barcelona. I will let you know if and when I hear anything back from them.

Fred

I will let you know if and when I hear anything back from them.

I had an eMail response from Isabel at Barcelona Day Tours today concerning my request form, so that was within the 24-hour time period other people have reported.

Fred

• 3 weeks later...

They have explained that they are busy this summer and that is why they are not responding as quickly as I hoped but they do respond after I follow up after 48 hours. I just wish I don't need to follow up just to get a response from them. They must be really busy and on demand because other tour companies still respond much more quickly. But it's fine with me and I'm still negotiating a tour with them.

And so I would like to ask opinion of everyone here if they don't mind. We are taking a private tour with them for the 4 of us, we had to take a private one because of our 80 years old Mom coming with us.

And so on a private tour, we have the option of having just a driver guide or a driver plus a tour guide. We are taking the Barcelona and Montserrat tour, is it worth taking a driver plus a tour guide or a driver guide would be enough? Hiring a tour guide with us is a little bit expensive with them.

I might consider taking just the semi-private tour with them which is less expensive and guaranteed to have a driver plus a tour guide but we are just worried that with a group we don't want to inconvenience or slow down the rest of the group of having to wait on us with our 80 years old Mom.

I must admit I'm still having a hard time understanding the concept and nice thing about this driver guide only tour :confused:. This is our first time in Barcelona and our first time in Europe too. It seems this are very common on tours in Europe and I'll probably see what's this driver guide only thing about once we get there. :D

And so I would like to ask opinion of everyone here if they don't mind. We are taking a private tour with them for the 4 of us, we had to take a private one because of our 80 years old Mom coming with us.

And so on a private tour, we have the option of having just a driver guide or a driver plus a tour guide. We are taking the Barcelona and Montserrat tour, is it worth taking a driver plus a tour guide or a driver guide would be enough? Hiring a tour guide with us is a little bit expensive with them.

I might consider taking just the semi-private tour with them which is less expensive and guaranteed to have a driver plus a tour guide but we are just worried that with a group we don't want to inconvenience or slow down the rest of the group of having to wait on us with our 80 years old Mom.

I must admit I'm still having a hard time understanding the concept and nice thing about this driver guide only tour :confused:. This is our first time in Barcelona and our first time in Europe too. It seems this are very common on tours in Europe and I'll probably see what's this driver guide only thing about once we get there. :D

In Spain, as well as some other European countries, tour guides need to be registered and licensed. When you get what they call a 'driver guide' it will just be a driver who knows a bit about where you are going. You could be lucky and he could be very knowledgeable or he may know very little at all.

Depending how much extra it is, to get the most out of your day, I would recommend getting a tour guide.

Just came back from the Mediterranean Cruise on Norwegian Epic (Barcelona was one of the stops). Being in Barcelona before, decided to book smaller, more personable tour, and I am happy I did.

We very much enjoyed our Barcelona tour. Our tour guide, Josep, picked us up right next to the ship on time and was very pleasant, attentive, knowledgeable and informative. His English was very good and we had no problem understanding him. We also found the tour very well organized to keep us engaged. Highly recommend to anyone visiting Barcelona.