Juneau: Will we have time for activities before Capt Larry? What do we do

azguy

Howdy all,

Our ship arrives in Juneau at 6:30am and boards at 3:30pm. We have booked a Capt. Larry tour at 11:00am that is 4 hours. They emailed me and said this was just fine and I would be back in time for our cruise departure.

Question: We get in at 6:30 and do not need to be at Capt. Larry's until 10:45am (recommended 15 minutes early for our 11:00am depature).

We would like to use this time to possibly see the Juneau area and/or squeeze in another activity. It looks like we will be at the dock and not tendering.

Will this be possible? Will be in an area to just walk around or will we need to cab it? Any other morning suggestions before our 11:00am whale cruise?

Thanks.

You will be at the docks in downtown Juneau. You could go for an early morning stroll around town and check out the place before the crowds arrive. Most shops will open at 8 or 9 am, the tram is an option if the weather is nice, or just have an expresso and window shop.

You could take a shuttle down to Mendenhall Glacier and see if Capt Larry's office can pick you up there before your whale watching. Call his office and enquire about this - sometimes they can and other times they can't.

We have contacted Cap Larry who said that he culd take us to the Mendenhall Glacier early in AM and pick us up at Mendenhall for the whale watching tour. Mendenhall is along the way anyway.

Howdy all,

Our ship arrives in Juneau at 6:30am and boards at 3:30pm. We have booked a Capt. Larry tour at 11:00am that is 4 hours. They emailed me and said this was just fine and I would be back in time for our cruise departure.

Question: We get in at 6:30 and do not need to be at Capt. Larry's until 10:45am (recommended 15 minutes early for our 11:00am depature).

We would like to use this time to possibly see the Juneau area and/or squeeze in another activity. It looks like we will be at the dock and not tendering.

Will this be possible? Will be in an area to just walk around or will we need to cab it? Any other morning suggestions before our 11:00am whale cruise?

Thanks.

Archived