Teen Compass - Allure/Oasis - Western

• 1 month later...
Can someone kindly steer me to a link or posting that has Teen Compass shown for Allure or Oasis for Western trip?

Thnx

I got off the Oasis August and was a member of the 15-17 year old group then. Since I don't have a scanner, I cannot scan it. But here are the activities listed in the compass for a 7NT Western Caribbean Cruise for 15-17 years.

Saturday- Ft. Lauderdale

Noon-3:30PM (Open House)

4:15PM (Mandatory Emergency Drill)

9:00PM (Meet & Greet) *The Living Room

9:30PM (Mix & Mingle) *The Living Room

10:00PM (Dodgeball) *Sports Court

11:00PM (The 411) *The Living Room

11:15PM (Not-So-Speed-Dating) *The Living Room

Midnight (WELCOME ABOARD PARTY) *Fuel

Sunday- At Sea

10:00AM (Meet & Greet Part II, Cartoon Trivia) *The Living Room

11:00AM (DJ Hero) *The Living Room

12:00PM (Spoons Tournament) *The Living Room

1:00PM (Soccer) *The Living Room

2:00PM (Mario Kart Grand Prix) *The Living Room

3:00PM (A to Z Scavenger Hunt) *The Living Room

4:00PM (Scratch DJ Academy) *Fuel

4:00PM (Pool Volleyball) *Sports Pool

5:00PM (Photo Hunt) *The Living Room

8:00PM (Dinner- Windjammer Marketplace) *Meet in the Living Room

9:00PM (Girls vs. Guys Scavenger Hunt) *The Living Room

10:00PM (Rockband) *The Living Room

11:00PM (Girls vs. Guys) *The Living Room

Midnight (DUSK) *Fuel

Monday- Labadee

10:00AM (Ultimate Frisbee) *Labadee

11:00AM (Flag Football) *Labadee

1:00PM (Beach Volleyball) *Labadee

5:00PM (Meet & Greet Part III/Crew Scavenger Hunt) *The Living Room

9:00PM (Rockband) *The Living Room

10:00PM (Ice Skating) *Studio B

11:00PM (Graffiti Wall) *The Living Room

Midnight (WAREHOUSE) *Fuel

Tuesday- At Sea

10:00AM (Logo Trivia) *The Living Room

11:00AM (Buzz) *The Living Room

12:00PM (Message in a Bottle) *The Living Room

1:00PM (Basketball) *The Living Room

2:00PM (The Amazing Oasis Race) *The Living Room

3:00PM (Assassins) *The Living Room

4:00PM (Scratch DJ Academy) *Fuel

5:00PM (Speed Climb Competition) *Rock Climbing Wall

8:00PM (Dinner- Windjammer Marketplace) *Meet in The Living Room

9:00PM (Singled Out) *The Living Room

10:00PM (Boogie Boarding) *FlowRider

11:00PM (AQUA) *Sports Pool

11:15PM (Pajama Movie Night) *The Living Room

Wednesday- Costa Maya

10:00AM (Movie Trivia) *The Living Room

11:00AM (Stand Up Surfing) *FlowRider

12:00PM (Table Tennis Tournament) *Table Tennis Tables

6:00PM (Super Smash Bros Playoff) *The Living Room

9:00PM (Fast and Furious Tournament) *The Arcade

10:00PM (Majority Rules) *The Living Room

11:00PM (Vegas Tourney) *The Living Room

12:00AM (Vegas) *Fuel

Thursday- Cozumel

10:00AM (Ink) *The Living Room

11:00AM (Wii Fit) *The Living Room

6:00PM (Pool Volleyball) *Sports Pool

9:00PM (Karaoke) *Fuel

10:00PM (Bigger and Better) *The Living Room

11:00PM (The Quest) *The Living Room

Midnight (BLAZE) *Blaze

Friday- At Sea

10:00AM (Personalize It) *The Living Room

11:00AM (Apples to Apples) *The Living Room

12:00PM (DJ Hero) *The Living Room

1:00PM (Soccer Tournament) *Sports Court

2:00PM (Teen Most Likely To) *The Living Room

3:30PM (Oasis Wardrobe Hunt) *The Living Room

4:30PM (Scratch DJ Graduation) *Fuel

5:00PM (Email Exchange) *The Living Room

8:00PM (Dinner- Windjammer Marketplace) *Meeting in Living Room

9:00PM (20 Seconds of Fame) *The Living Room

10:00PM (Farewell Slideshow and Photo Shoot) *The Living Room

10:30PM (Air Hockey Tournament) *Arcade

Midnight (FAREWELL PARTY) *Fuel

Information/Tips on Teen Activities

-Fuel is the teen nightclub where dance parties are held

-The Living Room is the lounge where teens can hangout and play video games, music, go online, etc.

-Internet is cheaper in teen facilities (30 cents per minute)

-I say this everytime, it is an absolute MUST to attend meet and greet on the first night in order to make friends for the cruise. Attending the 2nd night as well is a must to get to know your fellow teens better. It will make the teen experience so much better!

If anyone wants details on these activities listed let me know. I did not participate in some of the activities but I can always provide what the teen compass states about the activity. Finally, the 12-14 year old activities are similar, but at different times to avoid interaction with the 15-17 year old group.

Any other questions? Feel free to ask :)

This is what I found. I am going on the western caribbean on oasis of the seas.

Can someone kindly steer me to a link or posting that has Teen Compass shown for Allure or Oasis for Western trip?

Thnx

i have both the 12 - 14 age group and the 15 - 17 age group from our oasis trip a few weeks ago. i am happy to scan it in. i've seen others scan and save to google docs and post the link so i will see if i can get that to work this weekend if you don't mind the wait.

Yes please, scan and post.

I have two in the same groups later this year.

Are teen programs pretty much generic fleet wide?

Thanking you in anticipation.

TraceyG

Ok sorry for the delay! This was an exercise in patience...for me and you both! :p My scanner and computer just didn't want to get along but I figured out a work around. Not the clearest images but you can definitely read the bold print and see what's what.

Oasis 3/31/12 Teen Compasses - https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B46Px0bRTr23Wkc3WHFIblptZVE

I haven't experienced any other ships but would think the programs in general are pretty standard in policy and procedure perhaps. I assume each ship has to offer different activities based on the things available on that particular ship though.

My boys aren't social butterflies but they really enjoyed having all the daytime activities to choose from. They chose a few activities each day, participated in what they wanted and were happy. I think the next time they go they'll feel like they can "hang out" a bit more...but this was their very first cruise experience so they were a little more attached to me in the evenings. (which was fine) I enjoyed knowing they were occupied during the day in one area of that massive floating city ;). The teen areas are all located on the back of the sports/pool deck - including the Wipeout Cafe where they could grab snacks as they wanted. They weren't wandering around the ship to get to different things and I do have to say that works well to curb the amount of teen population you see in other parts of the ship (sometimes getting into trouble). Anyway, they were happy and they're not usually happy with programs at the resorts we goto! It worked well for us.

Hope you guys have a great time!

Those links work just fine and I pretty much anticipate an overall generic approach to the tween/teen activities.

Although there are some things that the Voyager class does not have many of the options will likely be similar.

Thanks again, really useful seeing that DS wont be crowded by DD and there are activities they can share and others where they are apart.

God bless you:)

TraceyG

Thanks for taking time to post these

We just finished our Allure cruise last week (western)

It seems that while on surface (age 15-17) program look pretty much same for both Oasis and Aluure for either Western or Eastern trips, in reality there are some differences and they hand out a small postcard for the next day in the evening that lists activities and depending on interest/demand they also change things a lot.

On our cruise, it seems there were few hundred kids due to spring break and things went very differently than it might go otherwise.

I have a 14 year old daughter and a 16 year old daughter going on the Oasis of the Seas. Does anyone know what the differences are between the age groups?

Maybe the best way to get a sense of that is to compare the compasses I posted. When you look at them side by side you can see that they all use the same teen space and have the same activities scheduled. Sometimes they flip the times of some activities so that one group will do them an hour or 2 ahead or behind the other group. You'll see that many of the activities involve the kids choosing how they do the activity and I'm sure the different ages might have very different ideas of what they want to do so that could drive alot of the differences in what they do too.

I have a 14 year old daughter and a 16 year old daughter going on the Oasis of the Seas. Does anyone know what the differences are between the age groups?

Program Age Groups

Aquanauts - 3-5 Years

Explorers - 6-8 Years

Voyagers - 9-11 Years

Navigators - 12-14 Years

Guests - 15-17 Years

I think that one might change more often, but would love to get a sense of they offer. We'll be on a Western on the Oasis. Thanks--I've had a lot of trouble finding an example of one.

I have the adventure ocean compasses too but my scanner isn't behaving. Someone posted some a few months ago that I looked at before I cruised but I can't find it in a search right now either. I'll see if I can find them or scan in a few for you this weekend.

Archived