Airport Transfers

MicheMommy

I'm not really sure where to post this, so if this isn't the place, just let me know. My husband and I will be going on our first cruise in June, and as I'm trying to plan for it financially, I'm wondering how much it's going to cost us to get from the airport to the port and vice versa.

We're sailing out of Miami on the Sky. We'll be flying into MIA and out of FLL. Would it be better for us to get a taxi (and how much would that cost?) or do transfers through NCL (and how much would that cost us)? What would you do? We're doing this on a pretty tight budget, so the cost is important, but we also want to make sure that whatever we do is very reliable and can get us where we need to be on time. Our departing flight leaves around 1:30pm, so I'm especially anxious about making that flight.

Thanks!

I'm not really sure where to post this, so if this isn't the place, just let me know. My husband and I will be going on our first cruise in June, and as I'm trying to plan for it financially, I'm wondering how much it's going to cost us to get from the airport to the port and vice versa.

We're sailing out of Miami on the Sky. We'll be flying into MIA and out of FLL. Would it be better for us to get a taxi (and how much would that cost?) or do transfers through NCL (and how much would that cost us)? What would you do? We're doing this on a pretty tight budget, so the cost is important, but we also want to make sure that whatever we do is very reliable and can get us where we need to be on time. Our departing flight leaves around 1:30pm, so I'm especially anxious about making that flight.

Thanks!

It would probably be best for you to just grab a cab from the Miami airport to the cruise ship. I would opt for the transfer for your outgoing flight since it basically gives you "head of the line" priviledges for getting off of the ship. You should have no problem making a 1:30pm flight.

You can most likely find more information on the Miami port board here on Cruise Critic.

for MIA to Port of Miami try expressshuttleMIA (or something close to that), it is $10pp. for POM to FLL walk off the ship with your luggage and set up a pick up by SAS (google SAS FLL transfer) it is $15pp (way to far and too much for a cab!!!

both companies take reservations. another company in floridalimo.com if you are at a hotel in miami and need to get to FLL.

Taxis or a shuttle service are your best options. The transfers from NCL are expensive and they will not leave until the bus is loaded with passengers.

Taxis from the Miami airport to the Port of Miami are fixed at $24 for up to four people.

Taking a taxi back to FLL from the Port of Miami will cost around $70-$75.

Thanks!

Taxi from MIA to port of Miami and http://www.ridesas.com for the way back to FLL. Make reservations ahead of time for SAS if you choose them.:)

Bill

Thanks so much to everyone! We're arriving at MIA at 5:45am the morning of because we can't leave a day earlier, so we don't need a hotel. I'm hoping taking the redeye will give us enough of a cushion in case of any delays. I'm thinking we'll just take a taxi to the port and then look into SAS for the port to FLL.

Thanks so much to everyone! We're arriving at MIA at 5:45am the morning of because we can't leave a day earlier, so we don't need a hotel. I'm hoping taking the redeye will give us enough of a cushion in case of any delays. I'm thinking we'll just take a taxi to the port and then look into SAS for the port to FLL.

IIRC, an SAS driver once explained to me that ALL their business must originate in Fort Lauderdale area...I assume it is a govt license/regulatory issue. So, if you fly into MIA, you may not be able to use SAS to go from POM to FLL... If that turns out to be the case, you may want to check other vendors (maybe qls?), but the ship transfer may be a good option in your situation.

IIRC, an SAS driver once explained to me that ALL their business must originate in Fort Lauderdale area...I assume it is a govt license/regulatory issue. So, if you fly into MIA, you may not be able to use SAS to go from POM to FLL... If that turns out to be the case, you may want to check other vendors (maybe qls?), but the ship transfer may be a good option in your situation.

I was told it must either start or end in Fll. Ive cruised out of Miami twice with flights home from Fll and I used SAS twice with no problem.

:)

Bill

Archived