Jewel Beb Bugs Issue...

Ok I was considering taking the Jewel but after the bed bug article in not sure anymore...

Was this just an isolated case?, what the heck are bed bugs? and are they spread by unclean sheets or was it tha the pax brought them on board?

Just wondering if anyone out there has any insight on this issue...

Ok I was considering taking the Jewel but after the bed bug article in not sure anymore...

Was this just an isolated case?, what the heck are bed bugs? and are they spread by unclean sheets or was it tha the pax brought them on board?

Just wondering if anyone out there has any insight on this issue...

10 million cruisers per year, and maybe 10 or 12 people have expereinced bed bugs. Ill go with better odds of going on the Jewel than driving our freeeways.

Like a wave of panic, the topic of bed bugs on cruises have percolated throughout the internet. Next thing we know, there will be a special on Dateline about if bed bugs sank the Titanic.

Bed bugs are nasty little bugs that will bite you in your sleep. These bugs exist due to poor hygeine and cleaning. The thing most people don't realize is that bed bugs are brought onboard by cruisers. The cleaning staff on the cruise ship is generally excellent and efficient. If you are one of the rare people that finds bed bugs in your room, either you or the people directly before you are the likely source, and once brought to the line's attention, that room will probably be bug bombed.

It is important to understand that this is an isolated incident. Out of all the people on all the RC ships, only one couple has reported this as a problem. I'm certain that room was cleaned up immediately. Recently, I believe a similar problem was reported on the Carnival Victory...again, a single, isolated incident. Don't worry unless you start getting bitten in the middle of the night at sea...but you are probably more likely to win the lottery.

The Jewel of all ships is probably the best one TO cruise now. It's been all over the news, horrible publicity so I'd imagine they've checked that ship thoroughly so they don't get anymore bad press ;) At least that's one way to look at it.

ADMIRAL:

Jewel Beb Bugs Issue...

What the heck? Now we've got

Jewel Encrusted Beb Bugs on Board?!?! :eek:

I second the Admirals motion ! ;)

I wanna know who brought 'em and who's seen 'em?

FINELYCRUISING says it wasn't him, and JTRONA claims

he hasn't seen one, so...

Or maybe as STEFBOYARDEE says, "it's just an urban myth", soon to be

a Major Motion Picture.

Archived