Anyone just off the Adventure of the Seas?

We had a 4:00PM flight. When we got off the Adventure we took a tour right at the ship through "San Juan Happy Tours." For $25 we toured by 20 passenger bus - Condado area and had time on our own in Old San Juan. The luggage stayed on the bus the whole time.

We left Old San Juan at 1:55 and were at the airport by 2:15. We walked right through the ag. screening and walked right up to the gate to check in. No lines either place. There was a small line going through security.

Thanks for the help about the flights. I am going to book a 2:30 pm flight. We are going to fly in on Friday before the cruise. Any suggestions as to where we should stay? Thanks again. All the information is so helpful.

We stayed at the Sheraton Old San Juan-loved it-you can walk at night in a beautiful park by the ocean-lots of good places to eat-good old hotel-we got it on Priceline for 85.00 a night-will be booking there again for sure-Walgreens right close to pick up any extras you need or forgot-it is right on the ocean but no beach-we knew we would have enough beach and sun the rest of the week-

Airport was a disaster-our flight was at 3:30 we were there by 12:30 ----lines and lines is all you could see-give yourself 3 hours--

We will stay in San Juan next time to leave on Monday--no more weekend flights for us!

We always stay 1 dat post cruise in San Juan for that very reason, plus it extends your vacation. You are still in the Caribbean. Spend the day at the beach, relax and have a good dinner only this time get your wallet out. You actually do have to pay for this meal. Head to the airport on Monday and not too many travelers in your way.

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone know if I can carry water bottles on board? if so, where I can carry?

Yes, we had no problem carrying on water and a 12 pk soda. They didn't care at all. I figured I'd try and if I couldn't oh well. Plus we would bring back water from ports. My husband and I drink LOTS of bottled water.

Airport was a disaster-our flight was at 3:30 we were there by 12:30 ----lines and lines is all you could see-give yourself 3 hours--

We will stay in San Juan next time to leave on Monday--no more weekend flights for us!

that's a shame...I guess we were fortunate. Granted the lines were humongous BUT for United, which is right inside the doors, the lines weren't that bad. It took us just minutes to go through Ag inspection then maybe 10 minutes to print boarding passes. BUT the security line was almost out the door. That took about 30 minutes. We were at our gate by 12:30 for our 4:15 flight.

Can anyone tell me how they run dinner in the MDR on the first night? With the late departure (compared to Florida based ships) what should we expect if we have the 6pm seating?

TIA!

Not sure about the late dining time, but when we sailed last month we had the muster drill at 6:00 and early dinner was pushed to 6:30.

Archived