Help me pick a hotel in Cocoa Beach

bills blasters

We are cruising out of Cape Canaveral in Jan. We plan on going down 3 days ahead of time and just spending the time in Cocoa Beach. My DH does not want to rent a car.

I need to find someplace on the beach, with in a short walking distance to different restaurants. Would like to be able to walk to a store of some kind to pick up beer, etc.

I have checked out La Quinta on Hendry Ave., and it seems perfect. The only problem is the price. Right now it is $233 a night for an ocean facing room. That seems awful high. I have checked all the Hilton properties and they are a lot less, but I am not sure about the location. I know we can take taxi's, but do not want to spend a fortune taking taxis around all day.

Any suggestions on a Hotel that is on the beach, and close to lots of stuff.

Thanks

claudia

Just checked on the Best Western. It is quite a bit cheaper. Have you stayed there before? Would like to hear a little bit about the hotel if anyone has any information.

Thanks for the advice.

Claudia

We have stayed there several times, can't comment on the ordinary rooms as we always book a 2 room suite but have been very pleased with the suites. Staff were all very friendly, there is 2 nice pools on site. We have always found it to be good value for money.

:)doubletree is great...right on the beach...Publix across the street...great pizza/italian rest. too...down the st. from Ron John's....friendly..clean and of course great cookies...its my place to stay pre-cruise

We have stayed there several times, can't comment on the ordinary rooms as we always book a 2 room suite but have been very pleased with the suites. Staff were all very friendly, there is 2 nice pools on site. We have always found it to be good value for money.

What this poster said X2. Had very nice stays both times we were there. Beach is right behind hotel. Would definately stay there again.

Carmel

I think the $233 is for one night with a fly snooze cruise package. I had that problem with looking at hotels in the area. Turn out the give u best available rate for the additional nights! :rolleyes: :D

In the end we chose the Marriott for out two night stay in September.

I'd re-think the rental car thing . . . there's a bit to do here but it IS spread out; and the weather in January MIGHT be a bit cool for the beach

driving is EASY tho, this ain't Orlando, or Miami, or Lauderdale . . . .

A car could give easy access to KSC, Brevard Zoo, Tree Top Trek, a mall or Target or WalMart for supplies, the rest' in the Port (aka the Cove), or over the course of 3 days even the Orlando parks or malls.

I'd re-think the rental car thing . . . there's a bit to do here but it IS spread out; and the weather in January MIGHT be a bit cool for the beach

driving is EASY tho, this ain't Orlando, or Miami, or Lauderdale . . . .

A car could give easy access to KSC, Brevard Zoo, Tree Top Trek, a mall or Target or WalMart for supplies, the rest' in the Port (aka the Cove), or over the course of 3 days even the Orlando parks or malls.

I second this. Rental cars are pretty cheap out of Orlando, and it is easy driving. 3 days without a car here would be tough. I think you'll be much happier with a car.

I will be the third to say that you should get a car, believe me hubby would thank you in the end. The cars are pretty cheap out of Orlando even if you pick up in Orlando and drop off at Port Canaveral, I have used both Budget and Thrifty for this and neither of the prices were at all expensive, I drop off before the cruise and pick up again after the cruise. If you don't get a car how will you get to Cocoa Beach and then over to the port? In the end it may cost you the same and you won't have the convenience of hopping in the car to go shopping, eating or sightseeing.

I will check more about a car rental. I have priced them but can't find anything less than 69$ per day. I know it might get cheaper closer to Jan. We have a car service lined up to take us from the ship back to the airport. There will be 10 of us heading back at the same time and the car service was very reasonable.

We were just thinking of taking a shuttle of some kind from Orlando to Cocoa Beach. It will just be DH and I at that time.

We have usually rented a car when cruising out of Miami or FLL. It seems like we spend all of our time in traffic, trying to find where we want to go. Not a real relaxing way to spend the day.

What kind of prices should I expect to find on Car rentals. I keep hearing that the prices are so reasonable, but sure haven't found any of them.

Thanks everyone for all the advice.

Claudia

Archived