Venice - Port or Starboard side for sailaway?

Tapi

Port - with a glass or two of champagne and Italian opera playing! Magical - enjoy!

Oooooooh, I just magically transported myself there....:D

Thanks!

I don't remember much of the sailaway, just the excitment of the beginning of the cruise. It's the sail back that was magical, and for that the "right" side was better.

Away we sailed from Marittima into the ocean. Back we came through the canal on a very clear day with the full view of magical Venice. This is where I took the most photos.

Twice a Year: I would opt for the starboard cabin for a couple reasons. The 7 am view of Venice will likely be better than the 7 pm view especially for photos. San Marco will be empty of tourists at 7 am and the sun will be good for photos. Also, 7 am seems like a time I would rather just roll out of bed and go to my balcony, and then go to the upper decks in the evening. Also, we were in a similar situation and our main dining room seating really played havoc with the evening sailaway, in fact we missed it. It seems like a 7 pm sailaway will be effected by dinner plans too.

Just be careful with the 7 am time, does that mean debarkation at 7 am? If so you could be sailing into Venice earlier, perhaps 6 am?

Archived