Past Cruise History

kimscruisin

I was just wondering if anyone else has had the issue we have with our recent cruise. My son and his dad have different middle names, but same first name, and of course different birth dates. My son did not receive credit for his last cruise. Service rep says there is a glitch in the system with this and could take months to straighten out. I did book cruise with our PVP from Carnival, but he did not respond to my e-mail when I returned home. I told her I was glad it was my son's sixth not tenth cruise. The service rep was as helpful as she could be, but said this problem has been ongoing for at least the last year. I told her I would check back in a few months to see if he got credit for his last cruise. This has never happened before. If it has happened to someone else here, did you get your cruise history credit?

My wife was not credited with a cruise several years ago. We called to ask about it and we discovered two letters in her name had been transposed hence the foul-up. It took a couple weeks before it appeared on her profile but it was straightened out.

Did you keep all your cruise cards? (Sail & Sign?)

I realize they take up lotsa space, but they do come in handy for proving stuff!

Carnival-09.jpg

I also travel with a USB-key that contains all sorts of weird stuff

including my entire cruise history, name of ship, dates, cabin number, number of nights on board

but I'm just weird like that.. :o

My wife was not credited with a cruise several years ago. We called to ask about it and we discovered two letters in her name had been transposed hence the foul-up. It took a couple weeks before it appeared on her profile but it was straightened out.

Did you keep all your cruise cards? (Sail & Sign?)

I realize they take up lotsa space, but they do come in handy for proving stuff!

Carnival-09.jpg

I also travel with a USB-key that contains all sorts of weird stuff

including my entire cruise history, name of ship, dates, cabin number, number of nights on board

but I'm just weird like that.. :o

A similar situation happened with my DW, but not because of any typo's. It was more of a "clerical error". Since we keep all of our S&S cards, along with a copy of our past guest number, it was real easy for Carnival to fix the problem. One of my favorite sayings is, "To err is human. To really foul things up, it takes a computer.":rolleyes::D

For some reason I seem to have kept all my S&S cards :)
Do you have any of the really old ones?

Carnival-05-A.jpg

like these?

044f4795.jpg

I have quite a collection (200+) all cruise lines...not all the cards are mine of course

Carnival-1995.jpg

I also have some seriously old ones, printed on card (not plastic)

with no mag-stripe, no bar-code, nothing even like that! :eek:

I hava a similar problem with my twin boys. Apparently, the system can't handle 2 people of the same sex, same address and same birthdate, so 1 of my sons kept getting kicked out of the system as a duplicate. On our last cruise in 2011, they ended up giving him a new past guest # (filed without a birthdate), but that cleared out all his prior cruises and they only showed the 2011 cruise. We have a cruise planned for next month and it has taken me weeks to get Carnival to straighten it out. He's now been assigned a 3rd past guest # (which initially showed no prior cruises, but has now been corrected). As of right now, all his prior cruises are showing up, but I'm curious if this next cruise will show up. We shall see!

On a side not, it seems that the only people who can fix these issues are reachable only by e-mail. Every time I call Carnival, they either tell me they'll get it fixed and the don't, or they give me an email address to send a note to. Email is fine, but the people on the other end usually take at least a week to respond. So, after waiting a week for a response, then to find out the problem hasn't been corrected, then send another email, wait another week, etc, it takes forever to get it right!!!

I hava a similar problem with my twin boys. Apparently, the system can't handle 2 people of the same sex, same address and same birthdate, so 1 of my sons kept getting kicked out of the system as a duplicate. On our last cruise in 2011, they ended up giving him a new past guest # (filed without a birthdate), but that cleared out all his prior cruises and they only showed the 2011 cruise. We have a cruise planned for next month and it has taken me weeks to get Carnival to straighten it out. He's now been assigned a 3rd past guest # (which initially showed no prior cruises, but has now been corrected). As of right now, all his prior cruises are showing up, but I'm curious if this next cruise will show up. We shall see!

On a side not, it seems that the only people who can fix these issues are reachable only by e-mail. Every time I call Carnival, they either tell me they'll get it fixed and the don't, or they give me an email address to send a note to. Email is fine, but the people on the other end usually take at least a week to respond. So, after waiting a week for a response, then to find out the problem hasn't been corrected, then send another email, wait another week, etc, it takes forever to get it right!!!

This exact issue has been an ongoing problem with us and Carnival. They even call it the "twin issue." Usually when I call I just say that I'm having a past guest issue involving "twins". IF I am lucky, the person answering the phone goes "OOOHHH, let me transfer you to Guest Care". Usually, I have to explain to the person answering the phone that they can not help me and insist they transfer me to Guest Care. Seems to save everyone time.

This also happens to my brother and his son who have the exact same names (except Sr and Jr which Carnival does not recognize) and different bdays. One of them loses their past cruise history every time they cruise together.

I was told that Carnival was in the process of correcting this issue with their databases but it has been years. I agree that you should keep your past Carnival S & S cards because they will ask for them. And they take forever to resolve. It's a very small dept. One time it took over 4 months to get a new past guest #. But they are always friendly when I talk to them.

BTW, I was told by Carnival that Guest Care is very different than Guest Services when you call Carnival. Services is to handle complaints, compliments, special needs etc. Care is to handle the more technical or challenging side of customer service.

Thanks so much for the suggestions! Does anyone have the e-mail for guest care? I would like to follow up with an e-mail as suggested. I wonder how many cruises John Smith gets credit for? There has to be many with the same first and last names.

Thanks so much for the suggestions! Does anyone have the e-mail for guest care? I would like to follow up with an e-mail as suggested. I wonder how many cruises John Smith gets credit for? There has to be many with the same first and last names.

I can't seem to find the direct phone number. I may have never had it and just called their main 800 number.

I do have a dept fax # if it helps: 305-406-6156

I have used it to fax copies of past S&S cards.

another note: Even though both the "twins" in our family and my brother and his son have been issued new past guest numbers, every time they sailed together after getting that new number.... one of their records were always wiped out by the database. The new number disappeared and became useless. That is why it is important to keep those S&S cards.

Clearly a database issue and not a hugely difficult one to fix but I imagine it would be costly. I was told in December that they are definitely working on the database issue because they have to do a lot of work for the upcoming past guest and VIP tiers that they keep promising.

One of my twins was not considered a past guest on our last cruise when it was her second CCL cruise. I haven't gotten around to calling about that and making sure she has credit for the 2 CCL cruises she's been on.

Archived