Last minute cabin change??

Huskerchick

I have a question for you seasoned HAL cruisers. I received an email today from HAL informing me that there has been a cabin change for my Maasdam cruise that is set to sail this Friday. When I called HAL to ask why I was told that there was a problem with my originally booked cabin (020) and that it would take a few days to repair. They have now booked me in 030 in a modified handicapped room with no tub and no mention of compensation for my troubles. Now don't get me wrong I am thrilled they were proactive but I would have never booked this cabin. Especially for a 2 week cruise.

Any suggestions?

Perhaps you could call them back and ask what other cabins are still available and request a different assignment?

Or if you could be moved to your original cabin after the repairs have been made.

I have a question for you seasoned HAL cruisers. I received an email today from HAL informing me that there has been a cabin change for my Maasdam cruise that is set to sail this Friday. When I called HAL to ask why I was told that there was a problem with my originally booked cabin (020) and that it would take a few days to repair. They have now booked me in 030 in a modified handicapped room with no tub and no mention of compensation for my troubles. Now don't get me wrong I am thrilled they were proactive but I would have never booked this cabin. Especially for a 2 week cruise.

Any suggestions?

What "troubles" have you experienced?? You haven't started on your cruise. It's not like you've fully unpacked and then have to be moved. You didn't have to deal with whatever needs repair.

Other than the room having a shower rather than a tub, it is much like any other cabin...

I guess I don't understand your concern?

I definitely understand the concern. That is one of the Maasdam cabins that needs to be booked as much as a year in advance. I'd not be happy to find I'd been displaced, and would certainly follow up with HAL to see how soon I could expect to be moved back there. I'm assuming it's a maintenance problem, but who knows.

Any suggestions?

I'm curious about what the problem with the cabin is. We were on the March 2 Maasdam sailing, and a passenger was complaining of a water/wetness problem in their cabin, we do not know which one, and their dissatisfaction with the crew's handling of the problem and compensation offer.

If you can't get this settled before the cruise, take copies of your emails along and show them to the concierge in the Neptune Lounge after you get onboard. Let her know that you are interested in being moved back to your original cabin as soon as possible.

Archived