Rum Point

Biris

Hi all,

I posted this threat in another forum, and I'm posting it here again just to try my luck :) Our group includes 15 people; 10 adults and 5 kids (from 2-12). We'd love to just go to Rum Point only. Beside renting a car, does anyone know if we can charter a boat, or rent a bus? Has anyone been there via taxi? Any inputs is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Biris

A taxi to Rum Point would be quite expensive, and even though the taxis are large shuttle vans, you'd likely need more than one to accommodate your group. Also, there would be no taxis in the area so you'd have to pre-arrange your return trip.

There are boat charters available where you can pick where you want to go, but that's likely going to be more expensive than a rental car, and you'd still have to find transportation to/from whatever dock the charter uses. (They likely wouldn't pick you up on the port area side of the island, since it's on the other side of the island from Rum Point.)

The most feasible ways of getting to Rum Point as a cruise ship visitor are by rental car or as a stop on an excursion (private or via the cruise ship).

There are lots of Rum Point threads in this forum with more details, pictures, etc.

You can certainly carter a bus or boat. With a group your size it may even be economical! :D

Tropical Tours and McCurley Green are two bus/van tour options. Google "Cayman Charter Boats" or similar for boat options.

As often stated here, a single taxi will cost around $90 or so each way and you would need to make arrangements for the driver to pick you up (as there is no regular taxi service at Rum Point).

Try calling or emailing Nativeways Watersports. We used them a year ago. We had a large group. I was able to arrange a private tour just for us. We went to see the stingrays for a short time and then spent most of time at Rum Point. We did not want to snorkel. They were very nice and willing to work with us.

Archived