D+ BOGO first nite coupon ?

we want to use the 2 we receive for 2 couples, should I just book a table for 4 under our two names and not put the others' names on the reservation? I figure we need to pay for 2, but the other two would be free.

As this thread just got re-awakened, I'm not sure if you are booking in advance of your cruise or if you'll be waiting til you're onboard. If you book in advance of your cruise, I believe you need to list all guests on the reservation and pre-pay for all, but then the night of the dinner, they can credit you the cost of 2 people when you give them the coupon. If you're booking after you get onboard, they just need one name and how many are in your party. You show up that night with your guests in tow, and at the end of the meal, hand them your 2 Sea Passes with your 2 coupons, and they will bring a bill with the remaining 2 cover charges on it.

I've never pre-booked before the cruise. We always book when we get on board, and have never had a problem. That's why the offer is for the first night...it's usually very empty then. So, no issues with refunds or booking for only one!

I've never pre-booked before the cruise. We always book when we get on board, and have never had a problem. That's why the offer is for the first night...it's usually very empty then. So, no issues with refunds or booking for only one!

and from what I read, if we wait and they're full they'll let us use it another night? anyone been turned down for the first night and not able to use coupons later?

and from what I read, if we wait and they're full they'll let us use it another night? anyone been turned down for the first night and not able to use coupons later?

The only time that we've found the specialty restaurants busy on the first night was on a transatlantic, which usually has a high number of D+/Pinnalce members. On the Liberty transatlantic last October, we went to make a reservation on the first night. We were told that we could use the coupon ANY night for the first week of the transatlantic, due to the high number of D+/Pinnacle members all wanting to use their coupons. So, I suppose that since it was busy then, they allowed the use of the coupons later in the week. Also, on Rhapsody last month, we didn't even receive our coupon books in our room until late the first night (after dinner). So, they allowed us to use them later in the week, too.

I'm sure that it will depend on how full they are on those other nights. The purpose of the coupon is to encourage passengers to come to the specialty restaurants on nights when business is usually slow. If that is true of other nights than the first night, they are very likely to allow you to use the coupons despite the restrictive language. However, if the reservations for those other nights are strong, there may be little incentive for them to allow any variations. Ask and the worst that they can say is NO. :)

• 2 weeks later...

My partner and I have always had good fortune (luck?) speaking with the restaurant managers, explaining we are both diamond+ and obviously can't eat at 2 specialty restaurants in one night. We have always been allowed to use our second coupon another night, and not always on the next night. And we have heard that even if you are told no, the concierge can be your best ally to use your coupon another night. Certainly worth a try. Doug

We take advantage of the BOGO on all cruises (except Monarch). Oasis was BOGO from the coupon book on the first night only as it was the Allure. I have learned to book the dinner for ONE person and pay for that ONE person before I board, then both of us show up. Before doing it that way they refunded my 2 person payment and then charged the BOGO for one person. It has been much easier booking and paying for just one of us.
Good to know this info. That is just what I did for upcoming cruise. I booked 1 person for Chops the first night and paid one fee - even though my spouse will be joining me. It just made more sense to do it that way, than to pay for 2 and have to get one refunded later.

I will try to use my wife's coupon to get the one pre-paid charge refunded - or use it another night.

Archived