Drink, Drinks, oh wait and more Drinks!

Lhorn1209

We had a case of water with two rogue bottles filled with vodka.

The security person shook the whole case once.. looked at the bottles, shook it again... then tore open the plastic, reached in and grabbed two bottles and threw them in a bin. Handed the waters to me and went to the next person. He didn't say a word. Once we got to the room to check, he did indeed find both vodka bottles. D'oh!! Damn bubbles!!!!! LOL Bubbles from shaking move slower in alcohol apparently.

He didn't even open the case of soda we had in our bag. Only cared about the waters. Of course it probably didn't help that my 12 year old was bobbing back and forth watching the whole thing with too much interest.

No matter, it may have cost us $60 for the vodka bottle, but we had a great cruise anyway. Never did buy a single beverage from the bar besides a couple soda stickers.

Have a great time on your cruise! Good luck with your RRs! Be sure to put it so the lids are blending in with something else that will be solid on x-ray. The lids are the big giveaways on those things.

Thanks so much! I have a few ideas that I am going to try up my sleeve.

you should be able to buy some booze in port and bring it back to the ship .They usually arent as strict getting onboard at a port.When we do they usually tell us to take it to the table where they take it until the end,we say Ok and just jump on an elevator and go to our cabin ,we never had an issue

We have done that too:D I was just pretending like I was tying my shoe, and then just kept on walking, they are busy trying to get all the folks back on the ship.

We like to bring stoli, coconut rum, and those small cartons of mango nectar, boy, that makes a good one!

we mixed up some Kahlua,stoli and some ice cream from the lido and.....

2314419410105995419S600x600Q85.jpg

Of course we do buy DOD's too!

2270720460105995419S600x600Q85.jpg

If they do take our RR's, oh, well, they don't cost that much:eek:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news...but Carnival is for SURE "on" to the rum runners - got all of ours confiscated on the Splendor in October -- and they threw them away - we did not get to pick them back up at the end of the trip -- we think because they are technically not "sealed" -- I'm sure some of them slip through? But they are definitely looking for them -- not going to waste time trying on the next trip....

Carnival confiscates dozens if not hundreds of water/soda bottles and wine bottles that have been refilled with liquor prior to almost every cruise. It’s been this way for a long time. You have a VERY LOW chance of getting smuggled liquor on this way.

RumRunners in checked baggage on the other hand do not give off the same x-ray signatures as liquor bottles do, they will tend to blend in with your clothes and will be almost undetectable. If security does go in your checked bags for another reason and sees the RumRunners, they will typically be taken and not returned.

Your best chances are to use RumRunners and place them in your checked bags that do not have any other items in them that security may want to look at like any electrical / metallic items. Also, if you can spread the RumRunners between multiple bags you increase your chances of getting them through.

We have done that too:D I was just pretending like I was tying my shoe, and then just kept on walking, they are busy trying to get all the folks back on the ship.

We like to bring stoli, coconut rum, and those small cartons of mango nectar, boy, that makes a good one!

we mixed up some Kahlua,stoli and some ice cream from the lido and.....

2314419410105995419S600x600Q85.jpg

Of course we do buy DOD's too!

2270720460105995419S600x600Q85.jpg

If they do take our RR's, oh, well, they don't cost that much:eek:

Seems like I have seen your picture with the ice cream n alcohol before lol I am going to give it a shot like said before if they take it then hey they take it..I will just call Room Service n get a couple bottles!

RE: bringing it on from a port, we have a funny story. Last cruise we were in St. Martin. We needed change for a taxi, but all we had was a $50. So, we bought a small pint bottle of local flavored rum, Ma Dou, Dou, which are handpainted bottles with a cute little plaid "doo-rag" tied at the top. We figured we'd drink it at the beach that day, so it was an easy way to break a large bill. Well, we kind of forgot about it till almost time to board. I didn't want to just leave it behind because it was a really pretty handpainted bottle. So, my husband stuck it in a pocket of his cargo shorts, but he didn't do a very good job, and some of the plaid "doo rag" was poking out. The kids and I went through security first. As he was approaching, one of the security guards asked, "Sir, what's that in your pocket?" The Husband says, "What? How did that get there? The skinny chick (points at me) must have stuffed it there!" They just laughed and motioned him through...

RE: bringing it on from a port, we have a funny story. Last cruise we were in St. Martin. We needed change for a taxi, but all we had was a $50. So, we bought a small pint bottle of local flavored rum, Ma Dou, Dou, which are handpainted bottles with a cute little plaid "doo-rag" tied at the top. We figured we'd drink it at the beach that day, so it was an easy way to break a large bill. Well, we kind of forgot about it till almost time to board. I didn't want to just leave it behind because it was a really pretty handpainted bottle. So, my husband stuck it in a pocket of his cargo shorts, but he didn't do a very good job, and some of the plaid "doo rag" was poking out. The kids and I went through security first. As he was approaching, one of the security guards asked, "Sir, what's that in your pocket?" The Husband says, "What? How did that get there? The skinny chick (points at me) must have stuffed it there!" They just laughed and motioned him through...

That is funny! I hope I am sucessful :)

Archived