Transatlc NY to Southampton England

Need info on how to get to Dublin and Glasgow from port and best things to do in a short amt of time

I was just looking for port information and found your post. We are on Celebrity April 21 out of Miami - Southampton, there are over 200 pages in their thread and bundles of information, if you have the time. I would suggest that you look for a thread connected to your ship.

To answer your question is difficult, how much time? Dublin you can get to via ferry, I know there is one from Liverpool but there may be one from Southampton. Or a short flight from Southampton. Glasgow would be about a good day long drive, 8 + hours,train or plane. National Express is the "Greyhound" bus line in the UK, they offer senior discount. You can google the bus line and look at RyanAir for flights, often bargains but very restrictive on luggage. Cruise luggage will cost you maybe as much as your fare. hope this helps.

I was just looking for port information and found your post. We are on Celebrity April 21 out of Miami - Southampton, there are over 200 pages in their thread and bundles of information, if you have the time. I would suggest that you look for a thread connected to your ship.

To answer your question is difficult, how much time? Dublin you can get to via ferry, I know there is one from Liverpool but there may be one from Southampton. Or a short flight from Southampton. Glasgow would be about a good day long drive, 8 + hours,train or plane. National Express is the "Greyhound" bus line in the UK, they offer senior discount. You can google the bus line and look at RyanAir for flights, often bargains but very restrictive on luggage. Cruise luggage will cost you maybe as much as your fare. hope this helps.

I think the OP is asking how to get into town from the ports in Dublin & Glasgow on the round-Britain segment, rather than from Southampton. ;)

JB :)

I think the OP is asking how to get into town from the ports in Dublin & Glasgow on the round-Britain segment, rather than from Southampton. ;)

I stand corrected, thought she was on one of the 6 day non stop the way I read it, Helen

• 3 weeks later...

Can the op confirm what they are looking for

Do you want to know how to get from Southampton to these places

Glasgow is 10 hour drive or get a plane from Southampton to Glasgow then transfer 40 mins by taxi

Dublin - no ferry from Southampton, it would take a day and half if therecwas one. Ferry from Scotland, Liverpool or Holyhead north Wales. Or fly from Southampton.

If you want to know how to get into Dublin from a ship, taxi or bus will do it, same with Glasgow or use the ship transfers.

Found lots of info. Could not find my roll call as the cruise began in Puerto Rica not NY.

Thanks for your interest in helping me.

join these 2 roll calls. lots of info on there re: ports: :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1407146&page=66#post33445448

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1385707&page=37

Archived